DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Put them in paper grocery sacks, open the bags once a day and give a shake. Leave them in the fridge until they reach a rh of 59% to 62% then you can start curing. You can check rh by placing maybe half of a jar of buds then place a small hygrometer in the jar and seal it. Wait several hours before you read the hygrometer.
Perfect. I hung my first grow w/ a fan blowing on them and dried them out To fast and to much.
That was before I joined this group .
Thanks Penny.

Like @Pennywise said, you can use paper bags, but you can also use Mason jars. That’s what I’m doing. Check out post #337 for a synopsis of “low & slow”.

Thanks BD

If you use a mason jar in the fridge don’t seal it. Dr Ziggy who first introduced Us/me to the lo and slow method, used a mason jar with a screen top. I used paper bags cause all my jar were for curing after drying. And I needed something to keep the nugs together and organized. I make sure to turn the bags over so the bud is not sitting in the same spot for too many days. You do not have to use bags or cardboard boxes or anything. Just careful watch the drying. I don’t follow a set process just approximate.
During the summer I have + 70% humidity in my whole place. I needed an alternative and this was it. Before this I lostmany buds during the dry. (Sad face)

If you use a mason jar in the fridge don’t seal it. Dr Ziggy who first introduced Us/me to the lo and slow method, used a mason jar with a screen top. I used paper bags cause all my jar were for curing after drying. And I needed something to keep the nugs together and organized. I make sure to turn the bags over so the bud is not sitting in the same spot for too many days. You do not have to use bags or cardboard boxes or anything. Just careful watch the drying. I don’t follow a set process just approximate.
During the summer I have + 70% humidity in my whole place. I needed an alternative and this was it. Before this I lostmany buds during the dry. (Sad face)
Thank you KB. I have been saving jars for awhile so I have a few dozen.
We hope to fill all w/ bud very soon

I like the sound of a few dozen jars! Fill them up. Bountiful harvesting to you. :peace:
Thanks brother
D5598C48-57F0-417A-B166-7610CBF545BA.jpeg

Hi all, great thread! I just harvested my last plant from this grow (Bluedreamatic auto), washed, and now hanging.

I have the racks ready in the fridge for the low and slow ;)

My question, should I really trim up the buds before putting on racks in the fridge or is this good? Some branches have 3-5 buds, should I separate into individual buds before putting in the fridge?

I may need to break them down to get it all to fit haha

Thanks!

This plant was WAY better than the two I harvested 12 days ago and let hang dry and I think I over dried so I'm really excited about this method ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200726_111136.jpg
    IMG_20200726_111136.jpg
    898.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200726_115230.jpg
    IMG_20200726_115230.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 55
Hey fine growers! Excited to try out this lotus method, harvesting in about 5 weeks. Just got a frost free fridge for the garage today. I live in the desert so my garage stays over 100F and humidity in the 10-20% range. I'm sure the fridge can keep it cool enough but will the extreme dryness outside the fridge pull moisture from inside the fridge, thus drying the buds faster? I'm not trying to dry fast but am afraid that in my conditions, the buds would be dry after only 7-8 days. Anybody keep their fridge in a very dry place?

I also have a digital hygrometer on the racks in my fridge with the buds in jars. I have the fridge hooked up to a temperature controller. My hygrometer has blue tooth and internal memory storage that links to an app on my phone. When I sync it, it gives me two line graphs, one for the temp and the other for the rH. My temperature averages around 45*F. The difference between the high & low temps is about 2*F. My rH averages around 24%. The difference between the high & low rH around 5%.

I roll/tumble the jars every morning. After 2 weeks the rH in the jars is still around 85%. I’ve read in this thread that it may take as long as 4 weeks for the rH to come down to the proper range in the low 60’s.

My fridge is a dedicated ”420” fridge. The low & slow is all I do in the fridge. It is a regular size over/under (freezer on top, fridge on bottom) frost free fridge.

How do I tell when my buds in the fridge are dried? They are not dense buds and I over dried the ones I hung because I was waiting for the stems to snap. Been in the fridge for 8 days, hard to tell if still wet because they are cold ;).

Should I leave out to room temp and then trim and jar and test humidity of one bud to see if dry?

How do I tell when my buds in the fridge are dried? They are not dense buds and I over dried the ones I hung because I was waiting for the stems to snap. Been in the fridge for 8 days, hard to tell if still wet because they are cold ;).

Should I leave out to room temp and then trim and jar and test humidity of one bud to see if dry?

Look at post #337, that I linked to below. It gives a great synopsis of the L&S process.

I harvested my first plant this week w/ 5 more to go.:yahoo:
In preparation , I read thru this entire thread .
Well , In all honesty, I skipped some stuff .:)
I also researched the conventional methods of drying and curing.
I decided on the “ Low&Slow“.
I stocked up on mason jars , Bovida packs , silk cloth , hydrometers , brown paper sacks , hydrogen peroxide , baking soda , lemon juice , some more 5 gal buckets and bought a used frig for the garage , which the wife was happy about. My other choice for drying was in my office due to temps and humidity . In the house. :thumb:
The AK/ WW was ready this week on my 68th birthday but I waited till the first thing next morning @ lights on.
I had 4 buckets ready and started chopping. Washing and hanging till it was all done. All done in the garage .
Had a fan running , but not directly on the buds and let hang for about 7 hrs . I trimmed some and placed in paper bags. 300 grams. My smallest plant.
All are now in the fridge and the wait begins.
Thank you to all that made this process so simple for this old stoner.
I was very concerned about screwing up 4 months of this labor of love but you all convinced me this was the way to go . I don’t think we will regret it.
Thank You.
F511F279-DE32-4BBD-8577-5488F82E9816.jpeg
9E6A778D-2B3A-4291-8302-75802AF254E2.png
1E9BCE8C-4FD1-41D5-9B5A-978BBE678D4A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom