DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

So after trying this with a 3.0 cu ft mini fridge for my first grow I am sold. Used screen building kits to make drying racks. Fantastic.

20200709_035537.jpg

First grow of four WWxCalifornia Snow autos netted me 19oz dry and had to be harvested half/half two wks apart because two plants FILLED it up.

Monday I ordered a Curidor Pro and Tuesday I survived the wrath of my better half. Can't wait!

I went with full sized fridge because I didn't think I could fit that much in a 3.0 cu ft one. Clearly you proved that wrong @desertbear87 . Excellent work with the screen kits, it looks very neat and clean. I'm jealous.

I went with full sized fridge because I didn't think I could fit that much in a 3.0 cu ft one. Clearly you proved that wrong @desertbear87 . Excellent work with the screen kits, it looks very neat and clean. I'm jealous.
Thanks. It is WAY too tight for more than a pound dry weight when its still wet. It was PACKED. That's why i bought the Curidor this week.

I have a question:
I've never washed my buds. The plants are grown indoors in a very sanitary environment without pests and dust. Why would I wash my buds? What would it do for them? I'm very interested to know if I should be doing this.???
Bud washing is for more those who do foiler sprays, outdoor grows, and those that let pets into thier grow area. If your filtering your incomeing air, and don’t foiler your bud washing results may be minimal. No science just experience

Hey all. Not been around due to the plague. Due to life changes I’ve had to shut down my drying fridge. Once I get back to being settled, it’s going back into operation. To all y’all just thinking but scarid..... follow the directions and go for it!!! Best drying tech, especially if like me, your other drying options are not optimal.
Stay well y’all!!

So after trying this with a 3.0 cu ft mini fridge for my first grow I am sold. Used screen building kits to make drying racks. Fantastic.

20200709_035537.jpg

First grow of four WWxCalifornia Snow autos netted me 19oz dry and had to be harvested half/half two wks apart because two plants FILLED it up.

Monday I ordered a Curidor Pro and Tuesday I survived the wrath of my better half. Can't wait!
Curious - how long do you leave buds in the open on the drying racks in the fridge?
At what point do you move into paper bags and how long do you leave?
I am 3-4 weeks away from harvest and I picked up a used fridge just like yours for $25. Thing gets damn cold. Maybe too cold.

Curious - how long do you leave buds in the open on the drying racks in the fridge?
At what point do you move into paper bags and how long do you leave?
I am 3-4 weeks away from harvest and I picked up a used fridge just like yours for $25. Thing gets damn cold. Maybe too cold.
About two weeks. Then I let them sit out to room temp and jar them with a hygrometer for a while to check RH. When they're where I want them they go into Grove bags and get sealed up to cure (no burping necessary).

Sorry for the slow response I have bern working eighty plus hours a week.

About two weeks. Then I let them sit out to room temp and jar them with a hygrometer for a while to check RH. When they're where I want them they go into Grove bags and get sealed up to cure (no burping necessary).

Sorry for the slow response I have bern working eighty plus hours a week.
Thanks - I'm trying to make sure I got the process down. Sounds like you omit the paper bags in the fridge and just place on a screen tray? Or do you do the screen tray for a few days and then into paper bags?
Appreciate your response!

Here’s a good summary on post #337:

The cold/refrigerated cure is here on post #2606:

Back
Top Bottom