DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

ok so i want to use the paper bags so they dont dry too quickly. are the people using racks altering their fridges?

i have a feeling once i do this i will think how stupid asking all these questions were, but im nervous about the dry cure, i know how much is at stake lol

i have the small brown lunch bags, would breaking down the colas and fitting in them work?

they are the thinner brown bag type, not the thick grocery type.

also baking soda? take it out of the fride right???

im on page 15, there was talk of bananas and to atoes to help ripen yada yada.

what are the optimal conditions in the fridge? i can take everything out if need be.

im just confused about why some people are laying buds on screens and some are putting it in bags.

and if my fridge racks are screens could i just lay them on there.
which leads me to the thought “couldnt i just hang them?”

Take everything out if you can or food will take on weed smell and weed will take on food smell. I think bags are best, a couple lately have used pizza boxes.

gotcha hanging will dry too slow, for some reason i thought the fridge itself would make it dry slow enough.
makes sense though, not if it is runnjng

i think im understanding this.

could i bud wash then hang for the 4 hours in the fridge and THEN bag it? so i could save the step of setting up the tent to hang at all??

You don't want to put too much product in each bag. I just stack them on top of each other and when I go to toss the buds I pull all the bags out and once I have them tossed I put the top bags on the bottom and vice versa. I also take and flip the bags so when the top of the bag will be on the bottom so the buds aren't sitting on the moisture.

gotcha hanging will dry too slow, for some reason i thought the fridge itself would make it dry slow enough.
makes sense though, not if it is runnjng

i think im understanding this.

could i bud wash then hang for the 4 hours in the fridge and THEN bag it? so i could save the step of setting up the tent to hang at all??

This is actually the way I do it when I’m drying low and slo. I spin the water off before hanging, if possible.

As I recall Ziggy once shared that he washed, clipped the buds into a salad spinner, spun off the excess water, then bagged them up right then and there.

so do i need to break down all my colas? shit i have severely overestimated my trimming speed lol, how can i stall the harvesting time lol?
maybe just put the plant back in the darkness after doing a couple branches?

would a dominoes pizza box work? with parchment paper?
i do have brown bags but they are smaller ones

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 27
so do i need to break down all my colas? shit i have severely overestimated my trimming speed lol, how can i stall the harvesting time lol?
maybe just put the plant back in the darkness after doing a couple branches?

would a dominoes pizza box work? with parchment paper?
i do have brown bags but they are smaller ones

Yes on the pizza box. Smaller buds are better, try to make 1 layer in bags or box so they're not bunched up. I've sped up my trimming by taking mostly bigger fan leaves then a quick trim of other leaves with no trichs. I'm not concerned about bag appeal. I'm not sure about putting it back 8n the dark but don't think it'll harm it....?

:passitleft:

I hang mine on my shower rod overnight after the washing. Works good for me. I position it over the tub so all the dripping goes down the drain. I may cut the vent on in there. And I just avoid turning on the light in there.
If you clip just the fans before hanging them, as they dry off a bit all the other leaves will start sticking out. I find this makes it easy to do another little trim before going in the bags. I set a bag on the scale and put around an oz in each bag (brown paper lunch bags). When dried there will usually be around 1/4 oz in each bag. It may vary some but will give a good estimate for final weight. I don’t toss the buds as much as other I guess. Lol. I will toss them at 3 days and at 6 days. Then they are ok to leave alone if need be. But I tend to check them out every once in a while just to see how dry they feel. Sometimes 2 weeks is enough but mine usually take 3 to get below 70rh. If I’m in a hurry I’ll finish them off with rice balls in the jar or turkey bag with the buds. That will usually pull enough humidity out of them pretty quickly to get them in curing territory. I only use the rice balls if I’ve given them at least a full 2 weeks in the bags in the fridge. Low and slow for the win! Smoothest smoke on the planet!

I gotta say, I never even put my thermo/hygrometer in my fridge. I don’t think fretting about temp and Rh is necessary as long as nothing is freezing. The low temps do enough to really slow moisture loss that rh isn’t a concern... as long as it’s not too high, and you make sure to bring the herb up to room temp twice a week or so.
I also left my food in there, no problems. Weed smells like weed, food smells like food.

so if my fridge looks like this at 48F and 41 rh should be ok?

one last thing is it ok to put a cola top in a single bag? like this?

image.jpg

and does this look ok for the initial dry? to keep the bag partly open at first to get it drying quicker?

image.jpg

and this is my fridge

image.jpg

really hope i can learn this first time like this, putting my faith in you guys lol.

do i have to worry if it looks like maybe a couple nugs had mold?

This is how I lay mine. I put them on their sides and spread the buds out as flat as I can in there. I would think as long as there wasn’t any mold on the buds that are in there that it shouldn’t be an issue. I wouldn’t have the big stem in there with them. The only time I’ve seen someone have issues was when the main stem was still attached.
AECC3325-C9C2-40A3-9D6F-529CDCCA52C7.jpeg

Like Magoo said ^^^. Stems= longer drying time and more chlorophyll. Not good for low&slow

so youre saying i should cut all my colas up? like take the buds off the stem conpletely?
i thought we wanted as slow a dry as possible?

@weenmeoff

this is just one of the buds, see how the bottom of the cola is off color? its got a weird feel to it, and is lime green.
i feel like it is waterlogged?

is this bud rot?

E0391D84-F7A9-4B1B-AC67-85FA10BDB674.jpeg

ok so i have more bags today to finish the rest of my plant, this method if i can get it to work is great, i cant wait.

so now i just move the buds in the bags once a day correct?

only thing im worrried about is if the buds are too big and worried about mold.

do you guys cut all your big colas into pieces? i was trying to grow a mondter plant so i have never seen or dealt with colas this big lol

so far humidity in fridge is steady at 50% rh and 42-45F so far so good?

Back
Top Bottom