Ds60 - 250W - 9 Plant - SOG Grow

Jamiemc87

420 Member
Hi all growers. This is my second grow, so still learning new things.
Will be doing 9 plants as a sog setup in a ds60 using 250w hps start to finish.
Strains? Barneys- blue cheese x4
Dinafem- white widow x3
Royal queen- critical x2
Soil? Plagron batmix bottom 3/4 off pot
Standard seed & cutting compost for top 1/4 off the pot
Light? 250w magnetic ballast. Would it be worth investing in a digital dimmable 250w or 400w ballast instead.
Pot size? Square pots. 19.5x19.5x25cm
Nutrients? Biobizz bio grow, bio bloom, bio topmax.
Will add a tablespoon of lime to each pot of soil before seeds go in.
Fan? 5 inch extraction and 6 inch oscillating fan inside tent.

Any reviews on the seeds I have picked would be greatly appreciated.
Was going to veg until they reached an average of 10 inch in height.
Gonna be using a magnetic ballast with bulb that was used on my last grow. Question is shall I buy a new bulb or a new lumatek digital dimmable 250 or 400 ballast with new bulb.
Every things ready to go, just waiting on seeds to turn up. They were brought from Attitude.
Will post pics shortly off my setup. Thanks

Yay! Front row for the first time:)
If you want better and faster growth, 400 would be better than the 250. You can get decent grow lights on am A zon. Most complete packages start around $130. With the ds60 tent you will want a small hood that's air cooled. A cool tube is fine but you will want an exhaust fan also. 400 will produce a lot of heat in the small tent and you will want to clear out the heat quickly.
I don't know anything about on line seeds. I hear the Dinafem W.W. are good though. I'm sprouting an auto Dinafem w.w. now, so I guess we will both see:) good luck on the grow! Lots of great people here on 420 to help you along the way.

image29321.jpg

View image in gallery

Seeds are now here. Will be filling up the pots today ready for the seeds to go in tomorrow.
I am new to growing so any advise would be great. I have done my research and have one grow under my belt that went ok.
Will update when seeds have gone in.

Good luck!
I would love to help, but I don't know much about soil and bat guano and all those ammendments. I'm a coco and chemicals kind of guy. If you truly want to learn about soils, I would recommend going to Doc Buds thread or TheRoach thread. Both have very good information about soils and how to manage the microorganisms living in them. Also if you want to brew your own teas and make worm castings, TheRoach ' s thread would be where you really want to go for that kind of info. Really informative thread!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom