DSX Super Critical Indoor SCRoG - 2013

You will be happy with the change to the bigger pots.

And then you will want five gallon pots... and then ten gallons...

You will be happy with the change to the bigger pots.

And then you will want five gallon pots... and then ten gallons...

I think if I venture down that road I'll get into hydro, but I still love the smoke of soil hands down.

Day 10

I think they had an explosion of growth in the last couple days, I was looking at the photos from Day 08 and wow lol.
All in all, doing very well.
Running lamp @ 50% in day time and 75% at night time to keep temps down until I get fan and cool tube.
Running 6 hours of dark time for them during the afternoon when temps are hottest, so they are on a 18/6 schedule
Still awaiting arrival of nutrients, should be soon!
Fan, Filter, and pots ordered today -- Still have to order my pyrex bake a round to make my cool tube, will be here for flowering for sure.
Temps @ 85 during night and 80 during day, still high but my goal is too run 100% for flower so we will see how it goes!

Screen is being built soon, will take pics and post up when done. ( Not going in tent for another little bit )

Thanks everyone for droppin in and being helpful to all my q's. You guys rock, I've been a member at another forum for over 7 years now, and they can't even compare to 420!

Picture_027_007.jpg

Picture_027_006.jpg

Picture_027_008.jpg

Picture_027_009.jpg

Picture_027_010.jpg

what is the temperature in your grow area? most likely your twisted leaves will outgrow themselves when you add a cooltube.

Hey John, my temps are running @ 80 at 50% of ballast power. I am still awaiting my tube, my fan, filter, and pots will be here early next week! Thanks for the info on the leaves as I was pretty sure it was heat related as well since this is the first grow I've had with heat issues, also the first with a 600w :).

Day 14

Had an incident in the room, I had my back turned and long story short 1 of my girls was up rooted from her happy medium. Luckily she still had roots in tact but is showing major signs of stress, I have taken her out of the room and put her under minimal lighting to help retain moisture and snap out of it. I am hoping she will pull through but she is looking mighty rough, may even hermie. Ah well, shit happens!

The rest of it, is all good my friends. Growing nice, healthy green, and big leaves.

Gave them a start on their LST right before I snapped pics so it will be interesting to see where they are at in a few days.

Thinking about topping/fimming next week, any thoughts?

Anyway, pics!

Thanks guys!

Picture_027_011.jpg

Picture_027_012.jpg

Picture_027_014.jpg

Picture_027_015.jpg

Picture_027_020.jpg

Picture_027_022.jpg

Picture_027_023.jpg

Picture_027_021.jpg

Thanks bro, they responded very well.

Day 16 - LST Update

They have responded very well with the LST and are showing great signs of under growth.
Leaves are nice and beautiful, all 100% green taking her nutrients from the soil.
Has not received feeding yet because them girls ... simply aren't needing it yet!
Some are starting to have a little stink to them, good signs for upcoming product I hope :)

Thanks for having a look guys! Also a 6th plant comes to join us, it was the runt I gave to my friend. He is not capable of finishing her, hes finishing his crop in 2 weeks and then heading out of town for a month. I gladly welcomed her home.

Anyone know when I should top these bad girls?

Picture_02961.jpg

Picture_03065.jpg

Picture_03164.jpg

Picture_03262.jpg

Picture_03364.jpg

Picture_03548.jpg

Picture_03742.jpg

Great going your gonna have bushy little beasts!

They are getting out of control bushy!!

My god I find my self constantly adjusting the string and leaves out of the way ... almost every 4-5 hours lol.

At least they are growing like beasts and loving their medium! Plus it helps I haven't had to feed them yet since I do not have my nutrients at the moment, still waiting.

I plan on flipping to flower end of november, so they will be mighty bushy and my screen should be nice and filled up.

Thanks for your consistent input Light :) Sorry I dont drop around more of your guys journals, I have very limited time in a day :(

Day 19

New arrivals!
My fan has shown up along with the other goodies I bought, filter, and pots. :thumb:

Upon installing the new 190cfm fan it turns out I may not need a cool tube, during night it's running 80-85 at 100% ballast power. Will be flowering with lights on during night time to help regulate temps, feels like a hurricane in my tent! Replacing the air pretty much 7 times a minute, it has caused negative pressure inside the tent and sucked my door inwards. Kind of funny really, not hurting anything but some real nice air flow to help keep temps down is really working out, more then I thought it would. Turns out the potting bags are almost equal size to the pots I have, so I need to decide if it's worth transplanting or just throwing some dirt in the bags and setting the pot in. Any thoughts?

Still awaiting arrival of nutrients!

Here they are, pics of my tent door getting sucked in and of the girls! They are getting very, very bushy.

Going to lay off the LST of the main cola for a bit and let everything grow up so that when the screen goes in they can fill the canopy nicely by mid/end of November, the side shoots have come up quite nicely.

Picture_04539.jpg

Picture_04244.jpg

Picture_04140.jpg

Picture_05038.jpg
Picture_04842.jpg
Picture_04733.jpg

Picture_05133.jpg

Picture_04637.jpg
Picture_03942.jpg
Picture_04342.jpg

Picture_05326.jpg
Picture_05228.jpg

I am loving it, even more so that it's keeping my room cool and my house warm :) win win baby.

So, these babies are 2 minutes old after having a little bit of the fuck i missed therapy.

Enjoy, update when significant growth has begun after the FIM to show progress. Thanks for stoppin in guys! :cheer:

Picture_06326.jpg

Picture_06519.jpg

your plants are looking good. what size are the bags that you bought?

Hey John, thanks for stoppin in.

They are 3 gallons, but I think my pots are 3 gallons as well .... I may just cut off the bottom of the plastic pots and merge them with a half bag full of soil just to add another couple gallons to have a total of 5-6gal. Should produce some nice healthy buds :)

Plants are responding well to the FIM last night, still no new noticeable growth but the side shoots have certainly grown over night.

Love waking up to the stank of my girls :)

Carbon filters not installed yet, waiting until flower to install her.

Day 23

So far, very happy with the 23days of growth that has happened. Looking back it seems like it didn't take much time at all my friends!

Anyway, here we are with an update. Still no feeding occuring since the girlies are not asking me for anything yet, I will have to give sea soil an A+ for mediums with out a doubt. So far very happy with medium, tent, light and strain!! Plants are already recovering from the FIMing that went on 3 days ago :)

The screen is in, we will give it another 2-3 weeks at least to fill it up with shoots. I have been tucking big fan leaves under neath new shoots coming up. Some of the girls have almost 6-8 shoots going on that will be nice and level when the screen is 50/75% full for 12/12. I did not add the extra 1-2 gallons of soil by replacing the bottoms with the bags, I will do at a later point if I notice roots on the bottom of the pot. The screen is not the best, but heck it's a screen!

I may have put the screen in a tad early, but holy smokes people these are some bushy ass plants!!

Enjoy folks, just like you guys I am excited to see where this is at in a months time. :)

Smoke on players.

Picture_06826.jpg
Picture_06925.jpg
Picture_07025.jpg
Picture_07123.jpg
Picture_07228.jpg
Picture_07526.jpg
Picture_07424.jpg
Picture_07321.jpg

Day 27

All plants are confirmed as female and I have no hermies in the group. ( Yet, knock on wood ) Switched bulbs to HPS for anticipation of flip in 2 weeks, temps are in the 80-85 range at 100% with HPS. Since last update a lot of shoots have caught up to the top, none the less new shoots are shooting up every where. :thumb:

Thanks for droppin in and having a view! Looking forward to my harvest :) If all goes well should have a nice haul this go around!

Has anyone ever done a full defoliation? I know we clear everything below the screen at 2 weeks into flower but how about the remaining leaves come the last 2-3 weeks of flower? It looks to have amazing results in relation to yield. Drop your 2 cents, I am interested!

Picture_08020.jpg

Picture_08122.jpg

Picture_08325.jpg

Subd...your grow looks great!

I am also growing a super critical ...it just went into the flower tent...I love it...Very hardy strain

I hear ya on the negative pressure...I have a 450 cmf Vortex fan in my 40x40x72 flower tent...the tent is stuffed with plants right now and I have 7-8 weeks left to go. Because the walls are imploding I am losing valuable space...I did a quick fix today with some twine but this weekend I am going to try rig up something more rigid

Nice grow...good weed to you :thumb:

Thanks for dropping in Jay, 450cfm would create some nice negative pressure mine does not hinder me in anyway. I actually prefer it so I know a lot of air is circulating fast, but mine does not effect my space like yours does. Interesting to see the yield comparison :)

I drool every time Light haha. My cell phones back ground is always set to an up to date canopy shot. I fortunately do not have to worry since I am with in legal regulations in Canada. Copper can look all he wants :)

Day 30

Those 30 days certainly blew by with out a doubt. Them girls are growing extremely well and fast, they were defoliated right after my post, thank you very much for exact times John. As I stand now the girls have a total of 50 tops, well 50 even tops and there's more below. The ones below I am thinking of turning into clones but 2 months is along time to have them in and out of the tent with out becoming extremely huge. I may just donate a few clones to a few friends in need. Filter is now installed, still running temps @ 80-85 at 100% ballast power. Air restriction was noticed but still have negative pressure and I assume it's clearing 3-4 times a minute instead of 7-8 pre filter. I decided to push air through the filter rather than pull since it seems to restrict less air flow for me, zero smell what so ever. A+

Thanks everyone for dropping in, nutrients arriving this week ( Took along time to receive them ) and will be flipping to flower on Day 37 since the growth has been much much more than I expected.

I did how ever feed my girls a Blood and bone meal tea that they gobbled right up, these photos are a day after the tea :).

Keep it green players! :thumb:

IMAG000120.jpg
IMAG000228.jpg

IMAG000327.jpg

IMAG000424.jpg

IMAG000622.jpg

Back
Top Bottom