Dual Spectrum CFLs

Those dual spectrum lights are pretty cool and I believe they would grow better plants than just using one spectrum. 14 years ago when I was using a bank of 6 - T-12s to veg my DWC I would have 2 warm white with 4 Daylight Ultras and got great, dense veg growth. I took the guts out of 3 shop lights and mounted everything on a sheet of plywood. Room for 2 more tubes but it already weighs 35 pounds. :)

I tried to find a socket adapter for an 85W 5000K CFL I have so I can mount it in a street light reflector I picked up at the base of a light pole that had been hit by a car. I tried using a 150W hps in it but the focus of the reflector causes 2 hot spots that burned leaves on my plants but I doubt that would be a problem with the CFLs lower intensity. I might just pound down the angles in the reflector so it doesn't have those angles in it. Just a stamped aluminum clam-shell shape with a mogul socket that fits the hps bulb. Would be a perfect, compact light for vegging clones and smaller plants.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom