Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB: 4 Plants, Two Pots, Lots Of LEDs!

A very good morning to ya Gang...my brothas,....and sistas!
"gland head....i shall set you free!"
SRN.
What a day you guys....got a lil tired last night with Mare over here and all....after the BBQ.:surf:
OK enough of that.....As i said , the BH session went very , very well and i'm gonna do my best and explain in detail, the whole process. Enjoy! :Namaste::circle-of-love:

I started making Bubblehash about 8/9 yrs. ago. A couple buddies went splits on the Bubblelator machine and it came with three Iceolator hash bags. We proceeded to do about 10/12 bags of ice with them every couple weeks,...well, we wore out those bags and about the same time i found out about Mark's (Bubbleman) very high quality bags, so i went out on my own and bought his 8 bag kit of 5 gal. bags.At the time , i payed about 350 US for this 8 bag kit! At first all the mixing was done in the blue (220 micron bag) using a mix-master and or broom handle cuz my buddy still had the Bubblelator machine. I soon acquired this machine from him as he got tired of making BH so he sold it to me for 5 bucks...what a gift it was. Once i had the machine , it meant i could work way more efficiently and produce a more consistent product.
After doing this for yrs now with over 300 runs put thru my bags (only use 5 bags now) you could say i know what i'm doing. I'm gonna be talking a lot , trying to explain the process, so don't get pissed if i say stuff some of you already know OK.There are alot of ways to make hash from our treasured DBHBB trim , i realize this too,...just remember how much hash brotha Major made last yr. from all his trim.
When i mix the trim , it's only for a short time in the washer cuz i'm interested in the very best quality i can get, this would be "full melting" gooey Bubblehash. When you see the powdered or un-pressed BH it's all or most of it is "full melting" cuz i didn't let the machine beat the living crap out of it going for more, more , more! The only gland heads i want in the bags are the mature, swollen, filled heads....period.

bubblehash_tut_2_009.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_010.jpg

The "Bubblelator" mini washer....:slide:
bubblehash_tut_2_008.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_007.jpg

Two 5 gal. pales ,one smaller pale, garbage bag , paper towels are some of the things i need.machine is on the counter so it can drain into the green pale that is lined with the bags.
bubblehash_tut_2_006.jpg

This is the barrel shaped bag with a zipper that holds the trim and some ice and is tied shut , as to not break open inside the machine while mixing....that would ...and has been a real mess when it happens, so i always tie the zipper shut!The bag can hold about 3/4 ounces at a time , or two big handfuls of trim with some ice layered in as you fill it up to get it ready.
bubblehash_tut_2_001.jpg

Only will be using 5 of the 8 bags , just cuz i don't need all those different grades of hash, plus it's way more work with so many bags that are not needed. The bags come in these sizes...all in microns....25, 45, 73, 90, 120, 160, 190, 220. So what i do is leave out the 45 , 90 and 160...all those gland heads will simply be cought in the next smallest bag....got it? So i use the 25 first bag in the pale, followed by the 73 (my fav.), then the 120 bag, these three bags are the "collection" bags. the next two, the 190 and the 220 are to catch plant matter , dirt ,systolic hairs and anything unwanted.
bubblehash_tut_2_003.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_001.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_002.jpg
The small screen there that is purple(same as the 25 bag is used with paper towels under it to soak up some water after the BH comes off the bags.
bubblehash_tut_2_022.jpg
These are the three bags not used.
bubblehash_tut_2_023.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_024.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_016.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_019.jpg

The pale is lined with all five bags now , waiting for the mixed water from the washer. The pale is lined starting with the 25 then 73, 120 190 and then the last one , which is the 220 (blue bag). If you don't have a mixer all the mixing is done using either a mix-master or a stick (broom handle) right in the pale. So if i didn't have a mini washer , i would simply dump the trim into the pale , in the blue bag, add cold water and ice and stert mixing it right in the pale. I did this for a long time before i was able to score the washer.
bubblehash_tut_2_015.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_014.jpg

just a shot of the bags of trim (all DBHBB,except for one bag). 9 bags of ice just like these were used....was just enough. Usually takes two bags at the start , just to get everything nice and cold....then it's one bag /run.
bubblehash_tut_2_026.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_025.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_038.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_036.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_031.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_032.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_034.jpg

A few pics showing how i stretch the hash filled bags over the lil pale so i can use a regular teaspoon to scoop up the wet hash off the bag , then put it on the screen over the paper towel to absorb most of the water before it gets put on the cardboard and chopped up to dry. cardboard is used cuz it's the best as it's a desiccant and really wicks the water out of the hash. Ya have to move it around on the cardboard for the first hour or so just to keep it from sticking too bad to it. I should add that the timer is on for 5 min's. , max. with every run except the moldy bud run which is a longer mix cuz it's bud , after all!:tokin:
bubblehash_tut_2_064.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_040.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_039.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_060.jpg
Showing the 73 bag , cleaning off the gland heads , putting on the 25 screen over the paper towels....just look at that color guys....pure full melting goodness, right there!! No green at all, no plant matter, at all, no dirt no shit! pure goodness, nothing less, nothing more!
The hash is simply scraped off the bag by stretching it out over the smaller pale bringing the bottom up so ya can use a spoon to scrape it off...very easy and efficient.
bubblehash_tut_2_044.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_045.jpg

taking out the 25 bag , stretching it out to scrape off the wet hash. I should add that while doing this , the hash has to take a back seat while the bags must get all the attention...not the hash. Give your bags all the attention they need and they will last a very , very long time! use only very cold water when cleaning them between runs . I rinse them in the kit. sink , then place them aside somewhere until ya need them for the next run....got it!
bubblehash_tut_2_076.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_075.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_074.jpg

Check these pics out....this run was with the moldy Desfran buds and a bag of moldy stuff from a friend's outdoor grow that went moldy on him. I told him to give it to me ...don't toss it out...i can make BH from it...wadda ya think guys ...looks tasty eh. OK, OK ya the mold, what about the mold. lets see here, the heaviest thing on the plant is are the gland heads , and they sink down thru the various sized bags getting cought in the appropriate size....meanwhile the mold floats on the water ....so after the mix and pour into the pale thru the bags...just use a scoop, and scoop out the floating spores (white foamy crap) before you start pulling the bags....done ! Check out the resin in these pics....guys , come on...this is pure heaven...look at all the nice , pure, clean hash. It will be full melting , i'm sure! you can see the difference when using bud as apposed to trim...or sugar leaves....there is way more on the buds , as you can see!
bubblehash_tut_2_073.jpg

When the 73 bag comes out , and won't drain fast...this is very good cuz there is so much resin on the bottom blocking it from draining...love seeing this. When the bags won't drain like this there is a method i use called "lift and jerk" the resin will lift off the bottom allowing the water to drain, simple method, works peachy for those times (usually always have to do this with the 25 bag cuz of the very small holes).
bubblehash_tut_2_069.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_068.jpg
Scooping off the mold spores before pulling the bag out for cleaning.
bubblehash_tut_2_079.jpg
Just some more nice colored resin!:blunt:
bubblehash_tut_2_087.jpg
Whoops ...a lil accident....
bubblehash_tut_2_080.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_084.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_090.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_091.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_092.jpg

A few shots of the resin drying on the cardboard and my nice , just cleaned out washer, ready for storage again ....also the bags drying there over a couple towels on the bench behind.
Well, that's it everyone....i hope ya liked this....as taking pics while doing it by myself was a major PITA. trying to keep my hands dry while using my camera and not dropping it into the pale . It was time i did this , so i feel good ! i would also like to say that , if i could,,safely, i would just LOVE to send everyone a nice sample...i would give it all to you's...my brothas!....oh...and sistas!:thumb:
Please don't hesitate to ask Q's. any, doesn't matter, fire away with them! cheers gang! Duggs.:Namaste:

+ Reps... Great job Duggan. I cannot wait to try this some day.

How do you store your trimmings until you are ready to make the BH? Would you consider using the dry ice method?

Hey mason....ya , the trim is double bagged then frozen until needed! No, i won't do Dry ice method...this the way i like...the quality is UNMATCHED! The only thing in my hash are gland heads...no plant matter, no dirt , no shit,...just pure , clean gland heads with very , very little contaminants. I can get a seasoned stoner baked with a pc. the size of a grain of rice :blunt:.... Cheers bud!

+reps!!:high-five:
Yo Duggan!!!!
Thank you bruh.:thanks: Your product looks oh so creamy. I am looking at a set of high quality bags AND a little machine like you have there. I noticed you said you used cold water to clean the bags. Would you recommend iso alcohol to clean?
This post should be a sticky. word.:goodjob:

A wee tip Duggz mate. If you take a plate and insert into the bag you can use it to stretch the mesh out and scrape off the hash. Once you get it down you'll cruise through the collection stage. It just gives you more leverage than using the bucket. I'll be doing a fresh hash batch off my next harvest so it'll be some time before I can give a demonstration but you should get the idea. Insert the plate into the bag. Pull tight and wrap the bag under the plate. Then you can hold the bag from under the plate and manipulate not just how you collect the hash but how to press the water out of the hash. Hope this made sense! Awesome job on the tutorial.

Thanks for the BH tutorial Duggs!! I've watched bubbleman make it on some videos. It's nice seeing it work for someone I know. I'm looking for some bags as I write this post brotha!
Cheers buddy
:roorrip:

If I could give you any advice it's worth splurgin on the best bag out there. Bubblebag. I've bought other generic versions that end up either falling apart or just using poor quality threads. I take really good care of my bags and wash them as I go to ensure they last as long as possible. I use the 8 bag set from Bubble bags. the 90u is oh so tasty... especially when processed into Rosin! It's cup winning quality :)

A wee tip Duggz mate. If you take a plate and insert into the bag you can use it to stretch the mesh out and scrape off the hash. Once you get it down you'll cruise through the collection stage. It just gives you more leverage than using the bucket. I'll be doing a fresh hash batch off my next harvest so it'll be some time before I can give a demonstration but you should get the idea. Insert the plate into the bag. Pull tight and wrap the bag under the plate. Then you can hold the bag from under the plate and manipulate not just how you collect the hash but how to press the water out of the hash. Hope this made sense! Awesome job on the tutorial.

If I could give you any advice it's worth splurgin on the best bag out there. Bubblebag. I've bought other generic versions that end up either falling apart or just using poor quality threads. I take really good care of my bags and wash them as I go to ensure they last as long as possible. I use the 8 bag set from Bubble bags. the 90u is oh so tasty... especially when processed into Rosin! It's cup winning quality :)

I will take that advice. I also plan to try the dry ice extraction as well. Should I get a separate set for those or do you think they will hold up with the two different methods? Thanks GL

I will take that advice. I also plan to try the dry ice extraction as well. Should I get a separate set for those or do you think they will hold up with the two different methods? Thanks GL

I personally have the 8 set for wet and then a separate 3 set for dry. Mostly because I'm picky and want to have them separated. If you are really thorough with your cleaning method you should be fine with the one set. You will really only need one bag. Most people use the 160/120 bags. I personally use the 90/120. I'm not a fan of large amounts of chlorophyll in my end product. I'm a stickler about getting the most pure product I can. But that's something personal. So hope that gives you some kinda guideline to follow my mate ;)

We did the bubble hash once, but I think it would be neat to try the dry ice method. Just trying to think what we have that we can shake a bag over in order to get most of the hash collected. I know some will be lost in the air, but something with sides so it won't go over the edge. I'll probably ask Nis to help build something. I love how handy we are. :thumb:

We did the bubble hash once, but I think it would be neat to try the dry ice method. Just trying to think what we have that we can shake a bag over in order to get most of the hash collected. I know some will be lost in the air, but something with sides so it won't go over the edge. I'll probably ask Nis to help build something. I love how handy we are. :thumb:

I use either a big mirror or I use a clean 10 gallon bucket. Not something a lot of people have in their arsenal but I bought it specifically for dry ice hash. I'm sure between you and Nis you guys will come up with something

I will put a link on your journal that I think you will find interesting, Canna

I personally use either a big mirror or I use a clean 10 gallon bucket. Not something a lot of people have in their arsenal but I bought it specifically for dry ice hash. I'm sure between you and Nis you guys will come up with something
I'm thinking a 4'x4' board with 2"x4" for sides. Line it with something smooth, but durable. Then put a lid on it with a screen for catching the bigger debris, if there is any. It would also double for a bud bounce technique to collect the hash.

Back
Top Bottom