Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB: 4 Plants, Two Pots, Lots Of LEDs!

+reps!!:high-five:
Yo Duggan!!!!
Thank you bruh.:thanks: Your product looks oh so creamy. I am looking at a set of high quality bags AND a little machine like you have there. I noticed you said you used cold water to clean the bags. Would you recommend iso alcohol to clean?
This post should be a sticky. word.:goodjob:
Hey Stage, thanks brotha,....no, never clean the hash bags with ISO, over time it will degrade the screen and really mess you up! Cheers man!

awesome bh duggan and tutorial, i fully apreciate how much of a pita it would be taking photos as you work + REPS!
Ya , taking the pics was fun but always had to stop and dry my hands off ya know...i PITA!

A wee tip Duggz mate. If you take a plate and insert into the bag you can use it to stretch the mesh out and scrape off the hash. Once you get it down you'll cruise through the collection stage. It just gives you more leverage than using the bucket. I'll be doing a fresh hash batch off my next harvest so it'll be some time before I can give a demonstration but you should get the idea. Insert the plate into the bag. Pull tight and wrap the bag under the plate. Then you can hold the bag from under the plate and manipulate not just how you collect the hash but how to press the water out of the hash. Hope this made sense! Awesome job on the tutorial.

If I could give you any advice it's worth splurgin on the best bag out there. Bubblebag. I've bought other generic versions that end up either falling apart or just using poor quality threads. I take really good care of my bags and wash them as I go to ensure they last as long as possible. I use the 8 bag set from Bubble bags. the 90u is oh so tasty... especially when processed into Rosin! It's cup winning quality :)
:roorrip:
Thanks for the advise GL , but i've done it that way with the plate and went back to the mini pale cuz i like holding the pale between my body and arm while keeping it sort of stretched and then i just use a teaspoon to collect...works great, and any excess water drains back into the little pale. As far as what bags to use yes , i have the 8 bag bubbleman set , i 'm not sure i mentioned that. I've found my fav. out of the 5 bags i use is the 73 micron, the yellow (gold bag) this is where i consistently get melty hash. I beleive i did mention how important it is to always keep the bags clean using only cold water and hang to dry before storing away .
I only use five bags like this ...25, 73, 120, 190, 220. So i'm leaving out the ...45, 90, 160....all their heads are collected in the next smallest bag. I used to use all 8 bags too, but grew tired of all the extra work...i don't want or need 5 different grades of BH....3 works great for me. Yes , and different effects from smoking different bag sizes for example the 73 is really melty while the 45 likes to start on fire cuz of it's firey terpines...:thumb:. I decided yrs ago to only use the 5 bags from the set of 8 just because , i didn't like the options if buying a ready made 5 bag set...and it's too much $$ if you buy the bags separate. Cheers GL.:high-five:

Great demo bud!!! Thanks for all the info!
No probs Canna...glad you liked it! :)

Outstanding tutorial Duggs. Shows everything anyone needs to know. That's a great tip with the plate Thinking back to when I used to make ice hash this would have been a way smarter way to scrape. Reps to you both. Growlow what micron teabag do you use for the pressing? Hair straightener or actual press?
I know the plate method works good, it's just that i dropped one once and now using the lil pale method it's easier to grab plus i don't get water all over . Cheers Shiggs...and thanks brotha!

We did the bubble hash once, but I think it would be neat to try the dry ice method. Just trying to think what we have that we can shake a bag over in order to get most of the hash collected. I know some will be lost in the air, but something with sides so it won't go over the edge. I'll probably ask Nis to help build something. I love how handy we are. :thumb:
Canna, the dry ice method works but you will not get the same clean, pure , potent product using that way, it'l have too much plant matter in it for me. When you look at good quality BH, under a scope, it looks EXACTly like a big bubblebath would look,....just bubbles (gland heads only) nothing else. that's why when you heat it up,...even a little , it melts , it doesn't crumble like the good old hash from back in the day....this stuff is the bomb, period , it's just so pure. that's why i like to only mix for a few min's. and not beat the living crap out of it. Anyhow thanks for checking it out.:thumb::circle-of-love:

Thanks, duggan,

Your tutorial cleared up a few things. It is a treat to have someone who has been perfecting a process for years show how they do it.

The cardboard wicking trick is new for me.

Do you have an idea what the trim weight was, or the yield?

I scored some aggregate sieves from a friend and have been doing dry ice. It works well on buds, popcorn and good trim but not that well on low grade trim.

Best,
canyon

Duggan,

I took a few pictures yesterday of the KK I have in veg. I may have to crowd it into the flower room with three other plants for about a week before I can harvest one. They are smaller plants so it is doable. The flower room is only about 4X6 feet. The closest one to flower probably has three more weeks and I would like to get the KK into flower at about 12" taller than it is now. Some light topping should hold things back a few days and give me a chance to get a very even canape going into flower.

It has been more than two years sense I grew any large plants. This one is very healthy now, I hope I can keep it that way through flower.

Best

5/22
KK_5_22_16.jpg

6/18
KK3_6_18_16.jpg

5/22
KK2_5_22_16.jpg

6/18
KK2_6_18_16.jpg

Morning Canyon,....she's a big girl ...gonna be a nice harvest from her ....yes , try and keep her nice and green like she is now....she looks very good, ...nice color and has a lot of growing tips already...perfect for flipping right now. I'de like to see her in a couple months....she gonna be big! Yeepa.....make lots of room for her ,...she's gonna need it! Cheers C , and great work !:high-five::Namaste:

Top of the day to all my brothas....and sistas! Well, looks like my next grow will be two "Lilly's" and two Lanekia's (spelling?).I'm just gonna call them Lanny's...OK. The Lanny's are very special fem seeds ....and you all know why! I chose pheno#2 over 3 cuz of her shorter bloom time ...hopefully will match up really nice with the 100% Sativa "Lilly's" that are fast blooming at 7-8 weeks...yikes , that's quick for a Sat....should be a fun grow. Might throw up a few pics of the KK's later....they're just lookin stupid right now....buds are rock hard and big, starting to fall all over their selves, getting heavy. Resin is covering them nicely ....some pistils are turning now , so harvest will be soon , two weeks from this past Sat., i figure! have a great night everyone...lil warm out eh...:tokin:

Wow Duggan! That was quick! It seems like you just started this journal. Can't wait to see the pics brotha!!

Cheers

Ya mon! Pretty soon i'm gonna start up the next one,....but gbh,...i'm wondering where everyone is,....seems like more than a few are missing. Where's Neiko,...Tard,..Seshan,...even Doc hasn't bin around at all. Where's the Gang...ffs! I know Major is busy with his very sick sis but what about ....even Gray is missing. I know there are more, maybe life is just to all consuming....i wanna step off...a while, somewhere hot , with cool water and palm trees.:cheesygrinsmiley: All you guys at these nice beaches got it made ...nice , or what!:bravo:
Have an awesome night......gang...wherever you are!:rollit:

Ya mon! Pretty soon i'm gonna start up the next one,....but gbh,...i'm wondering where everyone is,....seems like more than a few are missing. Where's Neiko,...Tard,..Seshan,...even Doc hasn't bin around at all. Where's the Gang...ffs! I know Major is busy with his very sick sis but what about ....even Gray is missing. I know there are more, maybe life is just to all consuming....i wanna step off...a while, somewhere hot , with cool water and palm trees.:cheesygrinsmiley: All you guys at these nice beaches got it made ...nice , or what!:bravo:
Have an awesome night......gang...wherever you are!:rollit:

Lets start a roll call...

I'm here :cheer:

You know I'm always around buddy. Your girls look spectacular. They look fat and dense. Just like we like em.

Cheers Duggs

Hey Noob, what's goin on brotha...waddaya doin. I keep thinkin of the gang that arent around...Ziggs,...Conradino,.Shrike, Neiko, Tard
Anyhow , i'm honered to have your presence Noob. Have you heard of the "Lanny" or Lanekia strain bud?:high-five:

Thought that BH thing would get a better response,...quite disappointed in that. maybe some new pics of the KK's!....dunno,...lets see mason.

I'm starting to get a pretty big subscription list. Took me an hour and a half to read all new post when I got home from work. I haven't seen Ziggy for a few days anywhere.

I'm getting ready to update my journal after this post with new pics. My plant is just now starting to fade at the edges like yours. I'm at day 44 from flip. Getting excited!!! I think I'm a week or two behind you. I was hoping the big pot would negate the mid-bloom fade, but I was wrong. Had to skip the second Cat drench and give her a super drench per Doc. Doc says it's normal for the leaves to turn during late bloom, but there has to be a way to prevent it.

Either way, your buds look superb!!!!

I'm starting to get a pretty big subscription list. Took me an hour and a half to read all new post when I got home from work. I haven't seen Ziggy for a few days anywhere.

I'm getting ready to update my journal after this post with new pics. My plant is just now starting to fade at the edges like yours. I'm at day 44 from flip. Getting excited!!! I think I'm a week or two behind you. I was hoping the big pot would negate the mid-bloom fade, but I was wrong. Had to skip the second Cat drench and give her a super drench per Doc. Doc says it's normal for the leaves to turn during late bloom, but there has to be a way to prevent it.

Either way, your buds look superb!!!!
Thanks a bunch mason....yes i agree of course. it's OK...with this run of very , very rich (minerals, EWC) third run DBHBB soil it was a real challenge for me to keep them from burning and gave them very little sprays and Drenches trying to hold onto the "green". This strain has a natural thing she does rolling up the edges mid to late bloom ,so the 3rd run soil just exaggerated this trait...i've seen them do this with every single grow of KK i have been able to find on the web! I'm very happy with the bud structure and they smell like heaven. glad to have your input mas. cheers and have an awesome day my brotha!:high-five:

Look at the colorful texture! You have led them to a nice recovery.

I want to join the party :party: :volcano-smiley:
A very good morning to ya Nis....i'm at home today(sick!) well , not really, i call it my "mental health day" :tokin:The gang knows all about these days...i take em once and a while...need em , gotta have em....
Nis, thanks for noticing my rescue attempts for these KK's....as i just said above, they have been a challenge for me...if i had of just gone on with business as usual with these, this 3rd. run grow would have been all burnt up and a lot more crispy than they show now. They're coming down in less than 2 weeks so they will finish just fine. I have begun supporting some of the outside , smaller branches as those top buds are getting too heavy for the calcium starved stems to support them any longer...this is OK too...the buds smell out of this world ...a really dank sweet , fruity smell...very pungent....yeepa, yeepa! Anyhow, have an awesome day Nis....:circle-of-love:

Thank you brother Duggan - I finally got into some of that trim I've had in the freezer for years. :laugh: :yahoo:

I bought some one gallon bubble bags and a nice one gallon pot a few years ago to do dry ice kief, but after watching the fog of trichs drift down and cover the glass, and scraping that into a lovely tan mound of goodness, the bag was a sticky clogged mess and so was the pot. Dry ice sifting quits working as soon as everything gets wet. :straightface: Besides, as you said, it had a lot of green in it.

Bubble always seemed so messy and probably harder than it looks, but after seeing your tutorial I gave it a try and the first effort turned out pretty well! I did 160, 73 and 25 micron bags with a 220 to catch all the crap. I got some leaf matter into the 160 but that just made it easier to smoke, so I did some of that first. Nice! Nice and hashy!

I didn't get much of the 73 but it's noticeably better than the 160. And I got a nice glob of 25 which, again as you said, is the real thing - wow, is that a nice way to smoke the cannabis! :love: The terpenes are exquisite! And this is from some rough trim before I stopped saving it - maybe 1/4 ounce of leaf from Nexus, Carnival and something unmarked.

The globs are about penny sized:

DSCN78711.JPG

DSCN78721.JPG

Thank you! :thanks: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom