Duggan Does Lilly & Laniakea With DBHBB: One Kit, Two Pots, Four Plants

A very good day to ya 420 Mag and all my brothas and sista's!
I've decided to start another journal for these four plants. Once again, the support received from all of you has encouraged me to do another. I have to thank Doc Bud again for his continuing support with and for "Kit" users and for his continuing patience handling new members wanting to try our soil.
The last grow with the Kosher Kush was very successful and i learned a ton using "third run" DBHBB soil. This next crop of Lilly's and Lanny's (i'l call them that OK) will also be in third run DBHBB soil too, but will be "cut' with a big bag of straight ProMix as to calm it down some. Third run simply has too much of a good thing in it( minerals and EWC) to function properly , so it'l be cut . Everything else with this grow will be by the book except for the CD , which i may not use this time....we'le see!

plants /strains......two Lilly's (100% sativa) and two Lanny's (hybrid)
growing medium.....DBHBB soil ("cut" 3rd run)
pots......Two, 26 Gal. homemade "Rootbuilder" pots W/ homemade aluminum (bottlecap) catch trays. These sit on large HD (5 caster) plant trollies for ease of movement around GR floor.
nutes used....none , using DBHBB Drenches and sprays
PH ing.....don't do it!!
pests....none ...never have bugs using the "Kit"
GR temps and stuff!....temps are 75F -85F....RH is 50-60%
GR size is roughly 42" wide X 7.5' high X about 6' long (slightly adjustable)
lighting....one Budmaster2, 675XG,...one Advanced XTE 400...two G8 (Dorm Grow) 90W all red UFO's...and two G8 (Dorm grow) 240W all blooms
ventilation....one Can Fan #33 carbon filter(3 yrs. old now) w/6" Ostberg inline fan, one 6" oscillating canopy fan and one 12" oscillating circ. fan (on a bucket at back of GR) I should stress again too, this exhaust fan/filter combo will only be run at a max speed of 75% as to lengthen life of components while still exchanging GR air effectively! Also keep pre-filter very clean to extend filter life as well!
water used ....distilled ONLY!

light cycle in veg=17/7...in bloom=12/12

During this grow please don't hesitate to ask me Q's along the way. I'l try and keep it a tutorial style grow and will keep in mind newer growers may be watching! I hope you will (the gang) come along for the ride and offer up any banter , jokes etc....you are all very welcome and hope to see ya's around!
Cheers to ya's ....Duggs!:circle-of-love::Namaste:
Thanks 420 Mag. for the opportunity to share !:thanks::420:

re: Duggan Does Lilly & Laniakea With DBHBB - One Kit - Two Pots - Four Plants

Hey Canna, i'l try my best to convince ya OK!:blunt: :)
I'm already convinced on it so all you have to do is get her on board! About the distilled water portion, do you have to go buy it everytime you have to water or I have read that you can make it. That's the only thing holding me back is having to go buy 50 gallons every month. Don't know if boiling it would work. So any insight would be great. Can't wait to watch a pro at work from start to finish.

Duggan does Lilly and Laniakea with DBHBB, one "Kit", two pots, four plants.

I'll spread the word Duggan. I made a link, it's in the edit box below, the very top of this post. If you copy and paste it into your signature line it'll be good.

Go to user CP and choose "edit signature"

Copy and paste the link above and hit "save changes" or whatever option they give you. You'll remember once you're there. Let me go run around.

Awright! First page! :bongrip:

:popcorn:

I'm already convinced on it so all you have to do is get her on board! About the distilled water portion, do you have to go buy it everytime you have to water or I have read that you can make it. That's the only thing holding me back is having to go buy 50 gallons every month. Don't know if boiling it would work. So any insight would be great. Can't wait to watch a pro at work from start to finish.

If i recall properly, you make distilled water by "catching" the steam off boiling water and letting it cool and precipitate back to water from steam. My dad did it like 100 years ago, I think that is how it went. I never did it my self.

Re: Duggan does Lilly and Laniakea with DBHBB, one "Kit" two pots , four plants.

My issue with switching is, what if the soil rots while it bakes, or what do we do with the nutes we have now? And the water... we will needed to get a rain barrel or 3.

:ciao: :circle-of-love:

What, no invite??? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ahhh! 1st page. As you were...

:ciao: :circle-of-love:

What, no invite??? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ahhh! 1st page. As you were...

He simplified the process by asking me to run around for him. I hadn't gotten to you yet. :laughtwo: Good morning Major. :hug:

He simplified the process by asking me to run around for him. I hadn't gotten to you yet. :laughtwo: Good morning Major. :hug:

Morning (oops! Afternoon) Sue! I hope all is well on your side of the continent. :high-five:

With everything else you've done you don't have an RO system installed? I'm surprised. :laughtwo: I used city water for mine, with no issues that I could see. My water has chloramines instead of chlorine, so I add a couple drops of molasses to a gallon and let it sit for ten minutes. This neutralizes the chloramines and the water's safe to use.

Re: Duggan does Lilly and Laniakea with DBHBB, one "Kit" two pots , four plants.

With everything else you've done you don't have an RO system installed? I'm surprised. :laughtwo: I used city water for mine, with no issues that I could see. My water has chloramines instead of chlorine, so I add a couple drops of molasses to a gallon and let it sit for ten minutes. This neutralizes the chloramines and the water's safe to use.
Don't be giving him any ideas Sue! Lol!! It's actually a good idea if it's cost effective. :hug:

Don't be giving him any ideas Sue! Lol!! It's actually a good idea if it's cost effective. :hug:

Are you talking about the kit being cost effective? That's one of the things Doc's proudest of. You really can't beat the cost of running the kit. Add in the simplicity of the process and the incredible quality of your harvest and I can almost guarantee that if the two of you try the kit you won't look back and you'll convert your entire grow over.

I'm an outlier, we all know and acknowledge that, but I stand behind the kit with the rest of this crew. I'm just more curious about other things than they are and I love my no-tills with an unreasonable passion. :laughtwo: I have worms living in that soil, and they grow fabulous produce.

You notice though that I'll be putting up another tent. It'll be dedicated to kit plants.

Are you talking about the kit being cost effective? That's one of the things Doc's proudest of. You really can't beat the cost of running the kit. Add in the simplicity of the process and the incredible quality of your harvest and I can almost guarantee that if the two of you try the kit you won't look back and you'll convert your entire grow over.

I'm an outlier, we all know and acknowledge that, but I stand behind the kit with the rest of this crew. I'm just more curious about other things than they are and I love my no-tills with an unreasonable passion. :laughtwo: I have worms living in that soil, and they grow fabulous produce.

You notice though that I'll be putting up another tent. It'll be dedicated to kit plants.
I was talking about the RO system being cost effective for us to install in the house. Ill have to look into pricing. Thanks for your wonderfully stated post about the kit though!

subbed and in time for this one! thanks for the heads up sweety

Back
Top Bottom