Duggan Does Purple Envy, Star Pupil & Black Cherry Punch With Doc's Gear!

HAve you guys considered using an Ac system just for the grow room? I have central Ac too, but run a seperate Ac system just for the grow room. You can get a window one for $100 and up or a stealthier “portable” one for about $500.
I run the portable in the grow room. My lights on is also at night to reduce heat and power is cheaper after 5pm here.

High and good morning Duggs.
Like Neiko said, let the ac run.
:nomo:
I'm running a 14k dual hose portable unit non stop since March.
I changed my bloom sched to night.
It still gets up to 86.:cough:

Wow you must have a lot of lights!
My 14k dual hose portable only runs occasionally.
But I only have 1060w of lights total right now.

What's good OG?

I'm running a total of 1400w draw in the garage.
It's the weather man.....Im in the southeast us.

We been running 90 degrees for weeks and this is only the beginning.
Someday I'll get a split unit ac.

Heyya Doooogs and crew.

Temps are kind of trying to increase here as well. Been pretty mild this summer. I think I've only hit 82 or so. (In the GR) but I dont expect that to stay that way for too much longer.

Hope the AC did the trick and you had a good weekend. We did a little camping and a lot of fishing.

Have a great week brother

With 1-675w and 3 525w led fixtures my room gets up to 80*F with the exhaust running, swapping air from dehumidified basement to grow room. Basement never gets over 70. That’s my limit though, any more lights or heat sources would cause problems.
Thats cake.
Wish I had those problems.

I once had a basement and I was able to successfully cool a 13'x10' room.
With a puny 10k wall ac.

Having the basement was indeed easier to cool than the garage for sure!

I spent all my money on a solar system last year. Now I have to run my lights during the day. I had planned to put in a central air but the costs expanded much bigger than my savings account. I have a portable AC unit but the girl won’t let me take it out of the bedroom window.

How big a problem is excessive heat really? Last October my garage got to 114° without anything dying (was a little cooler inside the tents with their fans going). I used to grow with multiple 1000w HPS systems in the 100° summers and I don’t really remember any major issues (of course that was 25 years and my memory tends to drop out bad stuff over time).

Plants are looking good. That rotten, skunky smell will change to a much more fruity smell. Mark my words.

Regarding financial foes... can't you sell some bud for extra income, or do you do that already?

I spent all my money on a solar system last year. Now I have to run my lights during the day. I had planned to put in a central air but the costs expanded much bigger than my savings account. I have a portable AC unit but the girl won’t let me take it out of the bedroom window.

How big a problem is excessive heat really? Last October my garage got to 114° without anything dying (was a little cooler inside the tents with their fans going). I used to grow with multiple 1000w HPS systems in the 100° summers and I don’t really remember any major issues (of course that was 25 years and my memory tends to drop out bad stuff over time).
If you have good air flow, the temps aren't a deal breaker. Look at greenhouse growers. Hell even in pleasant temps outside, the greenhouses get hell a hot!! Not uncommon for it to be over 100 on days when its in the 70s, even with good ventilation. These plants can take a lot more than we give them credit for. That being said....its hot as freaking hell today and I have the window mounted AC unit on LOL!

The whole point of that is that if you keep the air flow good, you can ride out high temps. I mean think about where some of these plants originate from....both hot and cold. Also bigger pots will help protect your root zone so if you know you grow in really warm rooms, grow in a bit bigger pots. It will give the roots some more 'buffer' from any really high heat..

Back
Top Bottom