Dumb question but I could really use help

2005speedyGTP

I hate to have to do this but theres a good chance ill be moving sooner then originally planned. my plants are about 14", 12", 11", and 9" tall they are all in 10" round pots at the moment. hoping to get them into bigger pots but I might have to rush to flowering . . due to moving because im guessing the move would kill them all. should I just switch to 12/12 and get what I can out of the plants and then as soon as I get to my new place in 2 months start another grow right away?

if you have any answers I could really use help right now!

Like I said I hate to have to do this and its my first grow but Id be devestated to lose it all. And prolly wouldnt make me want to start another grow right away.

I hate to have to do this but theres a good chance ill be moving sooner then originally planned. my plants are about 14", 12", 11", and 9" tall they are all in 10" round pots at the moment. hoping to get them into bigger pots but I might have to rush to flowering . . due to moving because im guessing the move would kill them all. should I just switch to 12/12 and get what I can out of the plants and then as soon as I get to my new place in 2 months start another grow right away?

if you have any answers I could really use help right now!

Like I said I hate to have to do this and its my first grow but Id be devestated to lose it all. And prolly wouldnt make me want to start another grow right away.

Hi Speedy GTP -

You can still get a really nice harvest even if you went to flower now. I wouldn't worry about that at all. I've had really nice harvests from plants vegged to those heights. In an ideal world we'd all veg until we see preflowers and sexual maturity, but many of us have space concerns and flower at heights like you're at. Flower away my friend! Hope this helps ~

:goodluck:

thanks guys! and Be IRIE exactly what do you mean by they will be more premature when you have to cut them?

Thanks again this really helps!

Well, if you have a plant that is going to take 60 days in flower to reach it's potential and you have to chop it @ 50 days, It has not reached it's potential, but if you cut it at 55 days, it will be five days closer to it's potential. Early chops affect everything about the bud....

Moving the plants will not kill them. Move them to larger pots, and if you are moving to a new place where you can continue your grow, take them with you. If you are safe about it, you can easily transport your girlies safely with little to no harm. There's no reason to rush into flower, if you have the means to move them to a new safe location. And hey, spring/summer is coming upon us, how about the possibility of taking them (or some) outdoors?

Cheers.

Be IRIE- I understand thanks. just like ive heard if its rushed it will give more of a head high vs body high so you should harvest all in what you are looking for i guess.

MSmith420- I live in michigan where its still 40 degrees out . . but I might actually move all the way out to cali. not 100% yet. just a thought.

also thinking about it right now. im thinking about rushing three of my plants to harvest and get bigger pots for my other two that are showing more potential at the moment.
also I really wont know if they are all girls until I start flowering them correct?

thats a awesome thought! I really dont know anything about the correct way to clone etc. I guess ill search youtube for a good example. do clones have as great of potential as plants grown from a seed?

as far as i know yup and cloning aint as hard as people make it out to be all u really need is a humidity dome some of those little hocky puck seed starters and some clean sharp sissors look on here there's plenty of info

yup bout three times funny thing is first time i used all the stuff they talk about cloning gel etc etc and failed horribly the next time used the basics and they rooted up nicely

thats a awesome thought! I really dont know anything about the correct way to clone etc. I guess ill search youtube for a good example. do clones have as great of potential as plants grown from a seed?

Hi SpeedyGTP -

Cloning, if done right, has the potential for much better results - or at least more predictable. Clones are ideally selected from plants that are a known female, and have ideal characteristics. Assuming that the mother plant it came from fits those criteria, you'll have nearly identical potential to that mother plant.

Seeds are a more unknown quantity and can be one of several phenotypes within a strain - some more desirable than others. Less predictable as a result. Could be great - could be a male or hermie. Never know for sure.

The bottom link in my signature has good information on cloning in it. Great place to start!

You are getting way a head of yourself and I am not telling you what to do ok...
Put the plants in 12/12 and wait 7 to 21 days and they will show sex, males will have little balls an will show themselves first most of the time not alway's / females will have white hair, get a magnifying glass and it will help you see sooner when you know sex... I will be back to see you and read what people tell you...
Please try to keep it as easy and fun as you can it really helps you and the plants...

MV...

whats good bro. if i were u with your limited time i would just hit the switches to 12/12 find out who your girles are then take clones off them.that way u dont waist time that u dont have and u can get u a havest before u leave and have some pretty flowering clones to take with u

thanks mr. all green! ya this being my first grow its kinda nerve racking and id hate to miss a male and kill my entire crop. now to clone do I wait to see it start flowering then top the plant off and switch the clones right back to 18/6 lighting?

Speedy, have you flipped them yet? Flip them to 12/12. then clone them and leave them in 12/12.. If any turn out male, you cull them along with your male clones and then work with the females... If they are all males then cull them and do some reading and studying so that when you move you can have a fresh start... Now flip them bitches, and we will go from there..... :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom