Dumped because you smoke weed?

hipchick

Recently I started dating a friend, we'd been friends for 6 years, and we dated for two weeks before he stopped contacting me. Two months of silence later, he finally told me that he broke up with me because I smoked pot. Even though he's known since I started, that I smoke it. Not cool. D: He knows it helps me with my insomnia, and that i enjoy it, and he's done it a few times with me. Now we definitely don't talk.

Anyone else get dumped/lose a friend, because they smoke?

i got a divorce because i smoked.I worked 13 hrs a day and she stayed home in her pajamas soaking up my tv and my oxygen.She told me to quit and i told her to jag on.Been the best times of my life ever since.:thumb:

i cant help ya here... no one knows i smoke weed.. :)

haha. Here, a lot of people do it... and i only tell people who i assume will love me whether i'm smoking or not. At first I didn't tell anybody... but I'm kind of glad i told my friends. :]

i got a divorce because i smoked.I worked 13 hrs a day and she stayed home in her pajamas soaking up my tv and my oxygen.She told me to quit and i told her to jag on.Been the best times of my life ever since.:thumb:

Awful! Glad it got better after! :] Like my friend said, "Mary Jane is my first love, longest love, and always makes me happy." :p

Nope, but I broke up with someone essentially because they didn't smoke weed.

haha. Here, a lot of people do it... and i only tell people who i assume will love me whether i'm smoking or not. At first I didn't tell anybody... but I'm kind of glad i told my friends. :]

My friends are from my work, and my work is drug free lol. If i tell 1 person.. it will be passed on till everyone knows. That and i don't smoke it recreational.. i use it for stress/depression, so far so good!

Some people are sooo against their significant other smoking weed its ridiculous... But it looks like he has an extreme case of it. Who just DROPS someone for two months and then tells them why... haha. What a d-bag.

Most of the people I've dated either got me started on weed or smoked it themselves, so its never really been an issue. If you dont let it interfere with who YOU are, then it shouldnt be a problem. Just like puffin on a nasty cigarette.

Don't let it bother u suga :)

I'm sorry you got dumped because you smoke, that's silly. But you also lost a friend cause you somke? That's simply retarded. If that friend doesn't like to be around you when you smoke then tell him not to come over while you're smoking.

I'm sorry you got dumped because you smoke, that's silly. But you also lost a friend cause you somke? That's simply retarded. If that friend doesn't like to be around you when you smoke then tell him not to come over while you're smoking.

Yeah it's pretty stupid. D: And if someone doesn't like that i get high, then i won't do it around them, or when i hang out with them, or before i do... because i respect their right to not smoke. But apparently it makes me a bad person. Which is horrible.

Some people are sooo against their significant other smoking weed its ridiculous... But it looks like he has an extreme case of it. Who just DROPS someone for two months and then tells them why... haha. What a d-bag.

Most of the people I've dated either got me started on weed or smoked it themselves, so its never really been an issue. If you dont let it interfere with who YOU are, then it shouldnt be a problem. Just like puffin on a nasty cigarette.

Don't let it bother u suga :)

Yeah definitely an extreme case... but he's such a hypocrite cause he did it with me! And i told him no pressure, but he was excited about it and whatever. He has no problem drinking. Ugh.

Thanks a ton. :] I totally agree. If I'm the same person, then it shouldn't matter.

Time to drop a Marley quooote.

"Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!"

Nope, but I broke up with someone essentially because they didn't smoke weed.

Isn't that the same thing as the topic? My girlfriend of 6 years doesn't smoke pot, but it doesn't bother me. Just like me smoking like a chimeny doesn't bother her. Sure, it would be cool if she smoked, and once in a blue moon she does, but its definitely not a deal breaker.

As for the OP, you didn't lose a friend because a real friend would not do that to you. Besides there are plenty of tokin' batchelors on this site that I'm sure would love to take you out for a nice dinner and a big joint. :)

Yeah definitely an extreme case... but he's such a hypocrite cause he did it with me! And i told him no pressure, but he was excited about it and whatever. He has no problem drinking. Ugh.

Thanks a ton. :] I totally agree. If I'm the same person, then it shouldn't matter.

Time to drop a Marley quooote.

"Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!"

Ohh Yeah nothing like a lil Marley to make ya feel better :D :bong:

The best matches romantically have common interest in many things from politics to recreation. When you don't remember that you have more to argue about. Seems like common sense. If you base your romance on someone purely for something like looks you are really setting yourself up for failure and heartbreak. I have had women tell me, "You are picking this over me?" My answer is that I am picking being myself over something you want me to be. Anyway, it is not just about whether you smoke or not, but how much and so many other things. I have a girl now that smokes it from the time the sun comes up until she goes to sleep. Not constantly, but whenever she wants. Me, I sort of smoke it when I feel like it (Which is Not all the time). But here is another thing... You may smoke like my gf does for some point in your life and not so much at other times.

Dating is not for sissies.

Isn't that the same thing as the topic? My girlfriend of 6 years doesn't smoke pot, but it doesn't bother me. Just like me smoking like a chimeny doesn't bother her. Sure, it would be cool if she smoked, and once in a blue moon she does, but its definitely not a deal breaker.

As for the OP, you didn't lose a friend because a real friend would not do that to you. Besides there are plenty of tokin' batchelors on this site that I'm sure would love to take you out for a nice dinner and a big joint. :)

Haha thanks man. :] I agree.

The best matches romantically have common interest in many things from politics to recreation. When you don't remember that you have more to argue about. Seems like common sense. If you base your romance on someone purely for something like looks you are really setting yourself up for failure and heartbreak. I have had women tell me, "You are picking this over me?" My answer is that I am picking being myself over something you want me to be. Anyway, it is not just about whether you smoke or not, but how much and so many other things. I have a girl now that smokes it from the time the sun comes up until she goes to sleep. Not constantly, but whenever she wants. Me, I sort of smoke it when I feel like it (Which is Not all the time). But here is another thing... You may smoke like my gf does for some point in your life and not so much at other times.

Dating is not for sissies.

Couldn't agree more. :] Without common interest, or at least respect for one another interests, the relationship isn't gonna work.

I wasn't really dumped because of smoking because everybody knows I smoke weed here. I think it's a major turn off for other men. I don't really understand it. I mean, people who smoke weed don't like stoners as a partner while people who don't smoke weed prefer being with stoners. I guess opposites do attract. My boyfriend doesn't smoke weed but he doesn't have a problem with me smoking weed.

I wasn't really dumped because of smoking because everybody knows I smoke weed here. I think it's a major turn off for other men. I don't really understand it. I mean, people who smoke weed don't like stoners as a partner while people who don't smoke weed prefer being with stoners. I guess opposites do attract. My boyfriend doesn't smoke weed but he doesn't have a problem with me smoking weed.

Yeah I don't understand it either. A lot of my stoner friends (all guys) love stoner girls, but say they're rare around here, but i think they're kind of intimidated by it. When i started smoking I didn't think it really mattered, but then I couldn't find anyyy girls who smoked.

Oh well. College soon, big city, I'm sure i'll meet some new, appreciative people. :p

Some people are sooo against their significant other smoking weed its ridiculous... But it looks like he has an extreme case of it. Who just DROPS someone for two months and then tells them why... haha. What a d-bag......
...Don't let it bother u suga :)

:bravo:

We all have had break ups, but to blame Marijuana on them? This only shows how immature the guy is, and undeserving of your love. Stay strong
+Rep

Sorry to hear that hipchick. I have been single for a few years now and often wonder the 'what if's?' about if I ever get into a new relationship. I don't smoke but I do eat edibles for my bipolar/a.d.d. Its been 11 months now & its been great! Hang in there my 420 Sista!

Back
Top Bottom