Dunny Sparks S.Blueberry Photo & Delicious Candy Auto Grow

Dunnysparks

August 1, 2021 5 out of 6 seeds sprouted from solo cups of fox farms Happy Frog potting soil. We have two S. Blueberry fem 2 seeds that are free seeds and 3 Delicious Candy seeds which proved to be one of the best auto flowers I've ever grown from a previous grow. One Geleto Kiss seed didn't germinate which was a bummer due to the fact it was the last seed out of the pack. All of my seeds start in a humidity dome under a 45watt led black magic light. I use the dome to create high humidity for the first 5 days of seedling growth. My seedlings stay in solo cups and under this light for 10-14 days. I soak all of my seeds for 24hrs in purified drinking water and damp paper towel between two saucers until tap root is exposed. Once exposed they go into solo cups, tap root down in soil about 1/2in down in soil. I cover the top of the seed with a thin layer of soil and mist until seeds sprout through the dirt. I also run my light 24 hours for the first 5days. By Day 14 I transplanted the S.Blueberry into 2 gallon pots which later will go into auto pot xl pots. Two delicious candy auto flowers went into autopot xl pots and one delicious candy in a 5 gallon pot. The mix in these pots are 50/50 fox farms ocean forest and Strwberryfields. They are placed in a 5×5 tent with a mixture of cheap led lights which have proved to grow dense beautiful buds. Ts1000 and TS600 mars hydro light produce nice buds. I've used these lights on several of runs start to finish. 4lights in total power this tent. The other lights are by vivosun. I will update the model of these leds later they have also proved to produce quality buds from previous grows.

20210815_190155.jpg

20210815_190147.jpg

20210815_190138.jpg

20210811_203224.jpg

20210807_192711.jpg

20210730_224042.jpg

Day 21 and we are on a roll. These plants look really healthy and happy in there new soil mix. Waterings take place about every 2-3 and is very minimal @ about 32ounces a pot and less for the the smaller pots. I'm not watering until I get run off. I'm trying to use all the nutrient available through the soil. If I water until run off I would rinse away alot of those nutes in soil. My goal with this grow is to use less nutes than previous grows. I spend quite a bit of time flushing and worries about if I flushed enough which all in all is probably over kill. I want to express the importance of ventilation in a grow area. Humidity is one of your biggest enemies when growing quality smoke. I use a cheap $25 dollar booster exhaust fan made by infinity to intake air on a 24hr run time to bring fresh air which should be filtered but is not. I use a ink bird and a larger exhaust fan to pull stale air and humidity out of the room which is directed through a hole in the wall and exhausted into adjacent room. Eventually I'm sure some of tht stale air will find it's way back into my grow but not as bad as if I was to exhaust in the same room as the grow. The ink bird activates the exhaust fan when humidity level reaches 60rh. I like my humidity at about 55rh in veg and 45rh in flower. I also use floor fans and clip fans pretty much anything I can get my hands on to move air in the grow area. These steps will help prevent mold and powdery mildew issues. Temps are higher than I would like due to summer heat. This grow is in the coolest area of property (basement) and temps still are reaching 85f. Adding hvac is not feasible for my grows and we should be fine as long as we dont exceed temps for a long period of time. The 2 blueberry photos will be transplanted in 2-3 weeks into xl autopots hopefully. They will be placed a 3.6×3.6 tent on a 12/12 light cycle.

20210821_203137.jpg

20210821_203130.jpg

Day 35 and I have been working on lst with the delicious candy strains. Flower has been signaled in these autoflowers and the stretch has began. Some defoliation has been performed on these plants as well. Two of these sit in 6.6 gallon autopots. Plants should be established in autopots for atleast 10 days before opening water valve for automatic feedings. All of these plants are looking a little pale in color, so I added some foxfarm big grow to my water to give them some much needed nitrogen. My ppm is @720 and the ph is about 6.5. My temps are averaging 81f lights on and 76f off. RH is @51% lights on and 59%off. These plants in the autopots were also topped a week ago. I really recommend autopot for inexperienced growers. It takes the guess work out of watering. Basically you just fill the reservoir, add your nutrients, ph and go. I have airdomes in each autopot it supplies the root zone with oxygen. I use a pump to feed air to the domes. The same pump is also used with a air stone to agitate water in the reservoir. Keep that reservoir water circulating you do not want your nutes to rest at the bottom of the tank. Agitation also helps with getting chlorine out of water so it's a win, win situation. The S. Blueberry photos will be transplanted to new pots in upcoming week. They will veg for another two weeks after transplant and then be introduced to 12/12 light cycle in separate tent.

20210904_011807.jpg

20210904_011801.jpg

20210904_011730.jpg

20210902_230742.jpg

20210902_230724.jpg

It is now day 56 these pics were taken on day 51. A lot has happened since my last update. For some odd reason one of my Delicious Candy Autos still hasnt switched to flower yet. Wierd right 56 days and still no flower with autoflower?
20210923_214902.jpg
D.Candy biggest Auto I've ever grown 20 days into flower
20210924_214757.jpg
are about 20days in flower. The only conclusion I could come up with is that maybe I mixed the seeds up and labeled the solo cups wrong. If so this plant would be the Gelato Kiss photo.
20210918_181719.jpg
Suspect plant
20210920_203121.jpg
Suspect plant placed in separate 3.6×3.6 tent. Light cycle set @12/12. Plant is believed to be Gelato Kiss Photo.
20210918_224235.jpg
Blueberry transplanted into 3.9 autopot w/ airdome, clay rocks, foxfarms strawberryfields and ocean forest 50/50.
20210918_223119.jpg
Airdome and clay pebbles in3.9 Autopot
20210918_224258.jpg
Roots look good

Day 76 and time flies by when your having fun. Changes go on with my grows day by day. Whether I'm adjusting water lines for my autopot set up or adding reservoirs to feed a plant differently than others. Its alot to growing. More than I could imagine and I enjoy it. It's always a light or fan or exhaust system that you want. So money does get tied up into a grow. It's cool though because the money you save by growing your own can go into improving your grow. I'm growing with pretty cheap equipment and the flower comes out great when dried and cured right. Here is the latest with girls.
20211015_210603.jpg
Powdery mildew will destroy a plant and this is what it starts off as in early stage. The cause of this is from the high humidity in my area this time of year. Also my small clip fans not pushing air around in this tent. Also, my exhaust fan isn't actually building to be the main exhaust fan. It is cheap booster fan that you would connect to the main for assisting. There are alot of factors riding against my grows this time of year and they all are related to the 4 seasons of Michigan. Humidity is my #1 enemy this time of year.
20211015_214011.jpg
Money is tight in my household and this is what you would call budget grow tactics. My only defense against the powdery mildew is adding a $20 oscillating fan from my local dollar store to get the air moving in this tent. The problem is that it doesn't fit in the tent. So I took it off the pole and hung it upside down with some lighting hooks. I got lucky the past couple of days and the humidity dropped from 85% to 70% outdoors which lowers my indoor range to roughly 55%. My dehumidifier runs none stop which I'm sure it will have to be replaced before the spring. If the humidity rises to 85% outdoors and stay there for weeks again I might lose this plant to mold and mildew before harvest.
20211016_005614.jpg
The 5×5 tent thrives as it has better equipment running it. This tent is not hurting from the high humidity. It has the properly rated cfm exhaust fan for the size. The air is exhausted outside of the room so that stale air isn't getting recirculated in the grow. This tent is big enough to fit a oscillating fan into so that was never an issue. This tent holds the delicious candy in the front and two blue berry plants in the back. The best thing for a grower to do is to think about the growing conditions/climate and plan based on that. I knew I was going to run into some high humidity problems but never expected it to last almost a month. If I dont upgrade the hvac system of this property I will not be able to grow all 4 seasons next year.

Back
Top Bottom