Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
Durban Poison
Organic Soil
Bat Guano, Molasses
400 w hps @ 16" = 9000 lumens
LST horizontal training and topping

This is a continuation of my first grow with the clones from my very vigorous DP mama Beta. The two cuttings which I call Castor and Pollux were transplanted into soil on Oct 1, then into a larger container on Oct 14. Unfortunately, the soil didn't cook long enough and was too hot. Both clones suffered a lot of stress, but while Castor mostly recovered intact, I ended up pruning Pollux back to a bare stem!

After a quick transplanting and flush both recovered well. I decided to use this mini-grow as a model for my next full-size grow. Using a combination of techniques I learned here (thanks to all) I LST trained Castor's stem around the edge of the pot. Meanwhile, I topped Pollux and LST trained her branches down. I will be continuing the 2-in-1 pot model full scale next time, since my large pot is about 48" around, it would take too long in veg to grow one plant to that size for me, whereas I can fill the pot with 2 much quicker.

Even though the horizontally trained Castor appears much bigger than the topped Pollux in the pics, they are actually pretty close in size. It will be interesting to compare production side by side for the two techniques.

Here's the photo history so far:

Oct141.png
Nov51.png
Nov22Clones.jpg
Nov22Room.jpg

We shall see how they like the tea. I dropped the canopy back to 15 inches. So much dispute over too much light, usable light. light burning, respiration. After reading about 20 posts I figure 15 inches is very safe.

Ya I'm sure it would be really easy to do a lot of harm. I guess if you can get toleration of somewhat higher light you will get cmore canopy penetration. I really want to test the limits on this one because it is an experiment that I can risk.

i have an aircooled 600w too close and you will get bleaching but i can get about 6 inches from canopy.if i dont watch the plants they can hit the glass and will show a little bleaching. what is in your soil mix?i buy happy frog soil and i am happy with it but the cost is through the roof!!would love to make some super soil i have read through the threads about other mixes but would like to know what mix you have.Love the lst!!

Thanks! I use Garden Gallery organic potting soil, Fafard cactus soil, blood/bone meal, worm castings, bat guano, dolomitic lime, epsom salts and perlite. I am still playing around with the mix. I want to add some coco fibres to the next one.

Going on a holiday for a week soon. Don't think I'll ask my wife's mom to water, so I'm trying out a wicking self-watering system. Glad this is an experimental run! I'm sure it'll be fine. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom