Durban Mini-Clone Wars

Dec2Clones.jpg

I was hoping for more of a stretch. I don't think the buds will have much room to grow. 5 weeks to go.

Definitely a lowriding plant. Cue the cowbell. :laughtwo: I'm definitely interested to see how she turns out.

Good luck with germing those seeds! I have a Northern Lights seed I might do next grow.

What is that very interesting succulent growing next to your budding lady? I think I might love it.

Thanks Dres! Ya, I used to be a major cactus grower, some right from seed. I had about 150 including one 7 footer I grew from a little grocery store plant. That one is a variety of aloe I think. I have some reference books around, I'll find the sub-species.

Wow, that is super cool. I have about 10 houseplants, but none even close to 7 ft!

My pride and joy is a schefflera that I've had since I was 15 (15 years). I didn't know anything about it when my mom put it in my bedroom, but somehow I didn't kill it. It's moved houses with me several times and now has a nice roomy corner in my living room. Thinking about it, I'm going to go give her some water right now ;)

Dec2Clones.jpg

I was hoping for more of a stretch. I don't think the buds will have much room to grow. 5 weeks to go.

In my experience you do not get much stretch if your using LST training. I only saw maybe 6 to 8 inches of stretch from veg to flower on the same strain a friend of mine grows to 5 ft tall. When your making them stay low to bush em out they tend not to stretch much at all once they are in flower.

If it is a true durban it should be a 100% pure sativa

and for lights a 400 watt hps has a lumen rating 50000 initial, as for light distance that can be argued till the end of time. Here is what I go off.

HPS_chart4.jpg

2013_indoor_grow_0322.JPG

peace hope everything comes out great for you,OG

Thanks. I was working from that chart, it's great!

Yeah, it is a landrace sativa and I'm actually only 13 to 14 inches away, so lumens or lux shouldn't be a limiting factor. :peace:

We're going away for a couple of days and the wife wants to make 'the room' look like a greenhouse while her mom is here so she threw some more plants in there. She has one poor african violet that was never repotted and was clinging on for dear life. Less than 3 hours under the HPS and it has turned 3 different shades of green and blossomed.

Lighting Disaster

I was so excited because my Hortilux enhanced spectrum hps finally came in. Let the old one cool down a bit, popped in the Hortilux and....booom! Or more precisely, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! Blinding arc inside the ballast, electrical smell. Now any light I put in there only fires up to about half strength.

Now I have to return my Sun System to the manufacturer for warranty repair. As this is the second unit I've had trouble with it may be that Sun System is not a good brand. We'll see how the repair goes. I may have more feedback to share with my forum brothers and sisters yet.

:lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom