Durban Poison first grow and potential issue

Basement Prod

Hi
I am new. Starting to grow Durban Poison, plant is currently one week old and one leaf is showing discoloration at the tips and the tips are starting to curl up a little. May just be paranoid or maybe the start of something not sure.
Growing in soil in a solo cup under a 20 watt CFL about 5 inches above the plant. Started farther away but seedling started to stretch, lowering the light fixed that right away.
Followed the Crop King directions and it Germinated in 1 day, amazing!
20180211_220137_leaf_mod.jpg
20180211_220137_crop.jpg

Hoping for some help.
Cheers.

Thank you
I have done a lot of reading, I do have a plan, if it works lol. This will be a mother plant to get 4 cuttings from and will be grown in a homemade little grow room I built.
Here is the design once the plant gets large enough to transplant
Layout_picture_Final.jpg

Hi
I am new. Starting to grow Durban Poison, plant is currently one week old and one leaf is showing discoloration at the tips and the tips are starting to curl up a little. May just be paranoid not sure.
Growing in soil in a solo cup under a 20 watt CFL about 5 inches above the plant.
20180211_220137_crop.jpg

Hoping for some help.
Cheers.

Soil appears drenched. Small seedlings don't need much water. Overwatering will give your leafs a crinkled wilted appearance.

Hi
I am new. Starting to grow Durban Poison, plant is currently one week old and one leaf is showing discoloration at the tips and the tips are starting to curl up a little. May just be paranoid or maybe the start of something not sure.
Growing in soil in a solo cup under a 20 watt CFL about 5 inches above the plant. Started farther away but seedling started to stretch, lowering the light fixed that right away.
Followed the Crop King directions and it Germinated in 1 day, amazing!
20180211_220137_crop.jpg

Hoping for some help.
Cheers.
Using a cfl light isn't going to get you anything brother. Invest in some lights. Get it out of the solo cup into something the roots can stretch into. Your plant is fine . Durban poison is hard to kill . Ive got a 5th generation garden of them now. Here is what u can expect if u have lights .
66409a9af2a0b012cc20716bf25c34a0.jpg

Thanks. I read seedlings don't want intense light for the first couple weeks or a big pot until they get some roots going.
Do you start yours in a large container and under full light?
I have 2 300 watt LED i will be using, just thought it was too soon.

Thank you for the feedback.
By the way awesome looking plants!

Thanks. I read seedlings don't want intense light for the first couple weeks or a big pot until they get some roots going.
Do you start yours in a large container and under full light?
I have 2 300 watt LED i will be using, just thought it was too soon.

Thank you for the feedback.
By the way awesome looking plants!
Ty brother and yea your wasting time brother. Throw em under the leds about 20 inches and let em rock. Put in 5 gallon buckets from the start man. Roots grow fast if they have somewhere to go. Here's my new babies mostly Durban poison and critical mass
7f4b410abd4dd3a997b3f21e27c0e7f8.jpg
e7863d7d6821b4d23486c834167d9b17.jpg

I have 2 300 watt LED lights I ordered called Wattshine.
Never heard of em . Hope they work out . Mars works great no issues for me. U ever buy more grab the 144s to put on outselide of those two. Brother it's easy to grow Durban. Clone the shit of out of em. They do really well . Dry in a box with a built in lid for 7 days untouched then put in jars and start smoking .

I have 2 300 watt LED lights I ordered called Wattshine.
Cool. You're right about the little ones not being super keen on bright light. If you were using large CFLs I might say let them veg a bit, but it's such a low powered lamp I'm with Dagger on bumping up the power a bit. Start it high and drop the light down a bit daily. Watch your plants reaction and adjust the light as needed. The only reason I'm saying take it easy is the strength of the light you have now. I wouldn't go below 18 inches right now

Good to hear, My plan is to grow this one to get 4 clones to grow, I think 4 is all I have room for at one time.
If mine turn out half as good as yours I will be happy

Never heard of em . Hope they work out . Mars works great no issues for me. U ever buy more grab the 144s to put on outselide of those two. Brother it's easy to grow Durban. Clone the shit of out of em. They do really well . Dry in a box with a built in lid for 7 days untouched then put in jars and start smoking .
If you ever but more make them a cob or Quantum board kit so you get killer light and you know how to fic them

If you ever but more make them a cob or Quantum board kit so you get killer light and you know how to fic them
Cob is a good light depending on brand . Quantum I'm waiting for better boards. To much untested stuff out there and I like my house unburned not sunburned lol

Cool. You're right about the little ones not being super keen on bright light. If you were using large CFLs I might say let them veg a bit, but it's such a low powered lamp I'm with Dagger on bumping up the power a bit. Start it high and drop the light down a bit daily. Watch your plants reaction and adjust the light as needed. The only reason I'm saying take it easy is the strength of the light you have now. I wouldn't go below 18 inches right now
Yea no lower leds burn your plant before you can realise it . Makes em dry and brittle and they will not come back to life. 20 inches minimum veg.

Back
Top Bottom