Durban Poison First Time Grower

Mamba

420 Member
Hi all I am trying my hand at growing marijuana for the first time. I have one Durban Poison plant growing in a 55 ltd pot and it has been growing very well so far. It is from what I can make of it in the fourth week of flowering with a some but not excessive yellowing leaves and is also not growing any higher at this moment in time. From what I've read it is normal for it to slow in growth for the first four weeks of flowering and then it starts to take off again is this correct. I fed it a small handful of fertiliser with nitrogen tonite and also have been feeding it with every watering a bloom enhancer called Bio Diesel which on the instructions says that you need to start adding it to your water when the flowering reaches the first week of the bloom stage. Bio Diesel is high in Phosphorous. Have I added this to early, I am am adding it to the water at the lowest amount stated on the container. The plant looks healthy other than some yellowing leaves as stated, I am beginning to worry a bit that it has not started growing anymore and and that it is not filling out. Any advice would be appreciated.

I might add further to my thread that I am growing in North Western Australia where it is the wet season and the humidity levels are high and there is lots of sun.I am also growing in the pot outside.

Hi again West Hippie these are the best photos that i can take tonite i do not know if these wii help otherwise i will have to take some photos in the daylight tommorow.

Attachments

• 20190106_223112.jpg
    20190106_223112.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190106_222914.jpg
    20190106_222914.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 20190106_222505.jpg
    20190106_222505.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190106_221423.jpg
    20190106_221423.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 140
Thats great to hear, will it grow any taller in the flowering stage I've read that it starts to grow taller again and it also starts to fill out like a christmas tree. I am growing out in the open the pot gets put out every morning in the sun and does it matter that I've possibly start adding the phosphorous to early. Im watering when the pot shows signs of getting a little bit dry and it normally is in darkness all night.Not overwatering.

Your plant is named Emilya? I can't wait to see the pictures!
Your plant is named Emilya? I can't wait to see the pictures!
You need @Emilya thread of how to water properly and when ! Click on her and check that part out ! As well as the nutrients when and how !

Hi Emilya and West Hippie here are some better pictures of my lady Emilya taken with a proper camera this time. Please give me your thought both positive and negative, this is four weeks into flowering, it has been a complete organic grow from the start with low stress training. I am concerned that I have added the phosphorous which is called Bio Diesel to early which on its instructions says to start adding it in the bloom stage in two different amounts one for the weeks 1-3 and 3 through to six of the bloom stage is that different to the flowering stage or is it part of it. The Bio Diesel has phosphorous, complex sugars, amino acids, natural plant growth regulators, carbohydrates and polyflanovoids in it. I also added a small handful of fertiliser with nitrogen in it added to the top of the soil and water in with the bio diesel.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    825.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    580.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    683.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    707.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    716.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    697.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    709.6 KB · Views: 117
She looks great!
You need @Emilya thread of how to water properly and when ! Click on her and check that part out ! As well as the nutrients when and how !

Hi Emilya and West Hippie apologies for taking so long to write back thank you for the great comments about my lady Emilya. Here are two more photos of the lady this is the sixth week of flowering and I am still concerned about the yellowing of the leaves I would be interested to hear what you have to say.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    516.2 KB · Views: 107
Hi Emilya and West Hippie apologies for taking so long to write back thank you for the great comments about my lady Emilya. Here are two more photos of the lady this is the sixth week of flowering and I am still concerned about the yellowing of the leaves I would be interested to hear what you have to say.
Well, you have done well overall but I questioned your decisions to lightly feed out there in the hot sun. If nutrition levels had been kept higher all through the grow you would not have had such a dramatic yellowing and this fade out at the end would not be nearly as severe. You did good though and you have a harvest, but just imagine how much bigger and juicer it could have been. The plant however has put its all into this, and has cannibalized itself in service to you and those buds. Be sure to thank her when you chop her down, and let her know that she has done an excellent job.
Practice Practice Practice ... you will get better and better at this each grow.

Well, you have done well overall but I questioned your decisions to lightly feed out there in the hot sun. If nutrition levels had been kept higher all through the grow you would not have had such a dramatic yellowing and this fade out at the end would not be nearly as severe. You did good though and you have a harvest, but just imagine how much bigger and juicer it could have been. The plant however has put its all into this, and has cannibalized itself in service to you and those buds. Be sure to thank her when you chop her down, and let her know that she has done an excellent job.
Practice Practice Practice ... you will get better and better at this each grow.

Hi Emilya thank you again for coming back to me, I have laid off on on feeding the plant the fertiliser with nitrogen , I think one of the mistakes that I've made was that i should have fed it more nutrient as in nitrogen during its vegetative stage and not added any during the flowering stage?.. My big question is it in the bloom stage and if so will i need to start giving it the bio diesel with phosphorous in it again i have not given it any for a week, I am not seeing any resinous trichomes as yet. She is is looking healthy other than the yellowing leaves, we had a big tropical storm here last night and i left her out in the rain and she looks healthy. I've not kept a grow diary and know that i need to next time round. I live in the north western part of australia which is tropical. What does the bloom stage look like and is it allright to add phosphorous before the bloom stage in the flowering stage or should i say early flowering stage or should I be waiting for the bloom stage as the manufacture of the bio diesel states, i am guessing that it is the the sixth week of flowering maybe seventh, i went away just before christmas for a week and it was showing no signs of flowering again this might be in experience on my part. . I understand what the pistils look like and some of them are turning a reddy colour but no resinous trichomes. I have noticed no extended growth on height . Here are two more photos this time of the top of one bud what i think is a bud and a side view, would appreciate your advice again on what you think.It is not due for a watering tonite as the soil in the pot is still moist and i say moist not overly wet.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    380.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 90
Hi Emilya thank you again for coming back to me, I have laid off on on feeding the plant the fertiliser with nitrogen , I think one of the mistakes that I've made was that i should have fed it more nutrient as in nitrogen during its vegetative stage and not added any during the flowering stage?.. My big question is it in the bloom stage and if so will i need to start giving it the bio diesel with phosphorous in it again i have not given it any for a week, I am not seeing any resinous trichomes as yet. She is is looking healthy other than the yellowing leaves, we had a big tropical storm here last night and i left her out in the rain and she looks healthy. I've not kept a grow diary and know that i need to next time round. I live in the north western part of australia which is tropical. What does the bloom stage look like and is it allright to add phosphorous before the bloom stage in the flowering stage or should i say early flowering stage or should I be waiting for the bloom stage as the manufacture of the bio diesel states, i am guessing that it is the the sixth week of flowering maybe seventh, i went away just before christmas for a week and it was showing no signs of flowering again this might be in experience on my part. . I understand what the pistils look like and some of them are turning a reddy colour but no resinous trichomes. I have noticed no extended growth on height . Here are two more photos this time of the top of one bud what i think is a bud and a side view, would appreciate your advice again on what you think.It is not due for a watering tonite as the soil in the pot is still moist and i say moist not overly wet.
Hi Mamba,
Your plants look like they have just begun to flower, maybe about a week ago, and yes, this is the time to be giving bloom nutes, along with a smaller amount of the nitrogen. I would follow the directions for about the 1st to 2nd week of flower and give it full strength...
So you have been in veg all of this time before christmas, not flower. Flower is when you see what you are seeing now, when the green growth tips comprised of leaves, turns into what you see now, little flower buttons with pistils shooting out of the center. Depending on the strain, you now have somewhere between 6-9 weeks left in the grow, the flowering stage. You wont start seeing trichomes for a few weeks yet, and those buds will continue to get larger. Give full nutes out there in the hot sun, and enjoy the show!

Back
Top Bottom