Durban Poison

Toker Joe

I don't see Durban poison listed here ----- I'm proud of the strain - it's where I come from.
We - my buddies and i - only smoke organically grown green - D.P. being top of the list for us. :cool:

just write your own review using this guideline:

If Bought
Strain (Name):
Taste:
High:
Appearance:
Texture (Dense/Airy/etc...):
Smell:
Overall:
Additional Comments:

Durban Poison.

Overall Rating: 6 Effect: Somewhat couchlock
Potency: 4 Stature: Somewhat short and squat
Yield: 8 Phenotype: Indica
Ease: 10 Indoor: 55 to 60 days
Appearance: 8 Outdoor: Not Listed
Odor Level: 1 Odor: No odor
Taste Level: 4 Taste: Not very good
Grower's Tilt: 6 Sexes: Feminized (mostly female)
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: Not Listed

"This strain was very easy to grow, all four feminized seeds that I grew looked pretty Indica dominant. They had very fat dark leaves. this strain did not produce a lot of resin and I did not care for the taste or smell. It was not very strong either. This plant was easy to grow and beautiful, but I will probably never grow it again."

Bloom Wattage Used: 260w to 400w
Average Plant Height: Not Listed
Plants per Sq. Foot: 4.00
Average Yield per Plant: 3.00
Pruning or Plant Style: Vertical
Fertilization Method: Chemically fed

"I used a aeromist 4 plant aeropnic system with GH nutes and a 400w HPS for flowering."

Bah I just searched it, don't know about the plant much.

Well now there's a lot of bull going on about D.P. -- it's not the indica strain but the Sativa. those short fat leaves look more like Afgan weed to me. When my plants are gown - I'll post a pic. mean time - believe what others say. I know different. :peace:

Maybe someone grown it? Need some advices, tips and photos, if there is a chance.

this shit is sick i have some pix ill post up the leaves start 2 turn purps when it gets almost time 2 being done. im new on this site first reply.

Durban is a older strain. While it was great in its time it is dated. Improvements were made to it and it became Power Plant or PPP. Then came Girl Scout Cookies. Both were improvements to existing genetics.

This solved a lot of the issues with Durban Poison. Made it stronger bigger and better tasting. Durban was special in its own way and many people will like it just the way it is. It is over 20 years old though.

One big problem with newer genetics. They can make older strains obsolete. Now that we have tried the stronger better tasting strain of today it is hard to go back.

Humble Pie sang about Durban Poison 40 years ago. I still haven't tried it. My local store has some Crop King beans that I've been looking at. Might pull the pin.

Pure land race Durban poison will do better than a lot of sativas indoors. It still might be better to go with a true Power Plant from Dutch Passion. It has only been improved to the fact it grows better indoors. Most others I have found tend to have too much indica.

Didn't know about the Humble Pie thing. Intresting info

Back
Top Bottom