Dusted Bud Genetics In High Brix Grown By BrixNewb

Man, great day in the garden! The first full run Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin is in the jars! She was out of control in the tent, flopping over on herself and just going wild. She was in a 5 gallon pot and yielded me 153 grams not including some testers. That's a hell of a yield for me, almost 2 full ounces more than any other plant I have harvested. So I got a good yield but how is the smoke? Top notch! Test smoker states it's in the top three of what I have grown with the high being sativa leaning but a good blend and the strength being pretty potent, only beat in strength by one or two other strains. So this is another SOLID strain from Dusted Bud. HSO and Dusted Bud are battling it out in my garden and just when I think one breeder has beat the other, the other comes back with a deafening roar!

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies #2 was definitely thirsty, was a little late, but I am working on it.

FH22.JPG

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies #3 showing more Indica dominance than #2.

FH31.JPG

Lemon Venom #3 just moved up to a 1 gallon pot. Might have been a little late on that, roots looked less than happy, but I think she will turn out fine.

LV3.JPG

Lemon Venom #2 is in the flower tent, newer girl in there, doing just fine.

LV22.JPG

Lemon Venom #1 got a water and a recharge tonight. She is looking spiffy, Cat Drench shouldn't be too far away. A little taller than I wanted, but she is shorter than the past couple I have grown, which I am thankful for.

DSC_0006143.JPG

DSC_0007133.JPG

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin #3 is also a new girl in flower. Her sister was an absolute rock star, so I have high hopes for her. She is looking gorgeous right now, I couldn't ask for more.

XJ32.JPG

XJ31.JPG

Update time! Got a lot of Dusted Bud stuff going on in both gardens, and they are looking pretty damn good for being under my care.

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies #3 is the only female from the first 4 seeds I planted. I also have two seedlings that just broke ground, one may not make it. One more Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies seed to plant. This plant got an upcan recently and is still getting her feet under her.

DSC_0014126.JPG

DSC_0013113.JPG

Lemon Venom #1 is looking pretty good. She got pretty tall, but nothing that was too bad. The buds are coming in nicely, she just got her first Cat Drench today.

DSC_0001115.JPG

DSC_0002142.JPG

Lemon Venom #2 is starting to form buds, looking pretty good.

DSC_0003144.JPG

DSC_0004141.JPG

Lemon Venom #3 just went into flower and is looking ok, some leaves are faded, but she is ok now.

DSC_0006145.JPG

DSC_0005139.JPG

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin is a clone I took from a plant I had to cull due to space requirements. This strain gave me a record yield last run, was almost a solid ounce or two beyond what I had grown before. This plant has nice bud sights all over, I have great expectations for her.

DSC_0009133.JPG

DSC_0008133.JPG

Update time! Got a lot of Dusted Bud stuff going on in both gardens, and they are looking pretty damn good for being under my care.

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies #3 is the only female from the first 4 seeds I planted. I also have two seedlings that just broke ground, one may not make it. One more Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies seed to plant. This plant got an upcan recently and is still getting her feet under her.

DSC_0014126.JPG

DSC_0013113.JPG

Lemon Venom #1 is looking pretty good. She got pretty tall, but nothing that was too bad. The buds are coming in nicely, she just got her first Cat Drench today.

DSC_0001115.JPG

DSC_0002142.JPG

Lemon Venom #2 is starting to form buds, looking pretty good.

DSC_0003144.JPG

DSC_0004141.JPG

Lemon Venom #3 just went into flower and is looking ok, some leaves are faded, but she is ok now.

DSC_0006145.JPG

DSC_0005139.JPG

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin is a clone I took from a plant I had to cull due to space requirements. This strain gave me a record yield last run, was almost a solid ounce or two beyond what I had grown before. This plant has nice bud sights all over, I have great expectations for her.

DSC_0009133.JPG

DSC_0008133.JPG

Water between them, but up your feedings a bit. Perhaps 50%. Straight water between or with 1/4 Transplant.

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies #1 is looking nice and healthy for now.

DSC_0001116.JPG

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies #2 is a bit funky, but I am sure (s)he will be just fine.

DSC_0002143.JPG

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies #3 is actually going to make some clones for me and then go in the trash pile. No room for her in the bloom room.

DSC_0004142.JPG

Lemon Venom #1 is the tallest of the flowering girls. She is doing alright, got some funky leaves which have been said to be some kind of root issue, I don't know what the hell it is, but the buds come anyway, so I don't worry about it much.

DSC_0005140.JPG

DSC_0006146.JPG

DSC_0007135.JPG

Lemon Venom #2 packing on the buds right now, not looking too bad.

DSC_0008134.JPG

DSC_0009134.JPG

DSC_0010130.JPG

DSC_0011139.JPG

Lemon Venom #3 is about ready to start throwing out the buds.

DSC_0014127.JPG

DSC_0015127.JPG

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin is looking good, not very tall, but a ton of flowers everywhere you look.

DSC_0012136.JPG

DSC_0013114.JPG

Thanks man, just doing what I can. They photograph a lot better than they look, but they always seem to make it to the finish line just fine.

The girls are still rocking the bloom tent. I think I realized that I went too heavy with the Cat Drench and think this caused me some crispy leaves in the process. The other two plants that have not had Cat Drench have no crunchy leaves, so I am going to tone it back a little bit. Will get some pictures up here within the next week, life is a little busy right now.

Lemon Venom #1 got a chop and is hanging. Not looking like the yield is going to be too impressive. Lemon Venom #2 is looking pretty healthy, starting to purple on me. Hoping to let her run a bit long, but the needs may have her coming down shortly. Lemon Venom #3 is building buds, looking good so far, I am optimistic. Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin looks like hell, but the buds are looking alright. Gave her a Rescue Drench and hoping she produces a decent yield in the end.

Hey guys, thanks for riding along this grow with me. Lemon Venom #2 is on the lines drying as we speak. Just felt them up and it looks like they will be ready for the jars tomorrow or the next day.

Lemon Venom #3 got some browning going on, hit her with a Rescue Drench and we will see how she turns out.

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin is getting heavy late in bloom, branches are needing some help. She shouldn't be too long now. Seems like these Dusted Bud girls start to fall over as they get towards the end. Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin has had a rough life, tons of crispy leaves on her, but her buds are still looking decent.

Be back in a few days with some picture updates so everyone can see what I am talking about.

Ok, these pictures aren't the best, but you get the idea.

Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies is a strain I got to test out. So far so good, but it looks like she is getting a bit light, might be a Rescue Drench in her future.

DSC_0011140.JPG

DSC_0010132.JPG

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin is crispy as hell, but the flowers are still soldiering on. She is flopping over from the weight, but I am going to let her go a bit longer until she reduces water uptake drastically. Last time I grew this strain I pulled over 5 ounces off of an otherwise regular looking plant. She was also a flopper. Hoping this one is a large yielder as well as my two most recent harvests have been pretty light.

DSC_0005142.JPG

Lemon Venom #3 is also getting a little crispy, but she had a Rescue Drench and seems to be drinking a normal amount.

DSC_0002144.JPG

So the garden is chugging along. In flower I have a tester from Dusted Bud, it's a cross of Fluffhead and Milk n Cookies. She is really frosting up nicely, flowers are just starting to get some decent size to them. I trimmed this one's lower buds quite a bit to see how much yield I get versus my normal trimming. I have about 6 nodes and then the main stem, stripped the nodes except for the top 6 inches or so. Time will tell.

I have started watering twice between drenches and going back to drenching (I was being lazy) and the plants have seemed to respond nicely. I believe the two waters between drenches is the key. Plants still aren't 100%, but they produce well beyond my requirements, so I am happy.

I chopped the Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin. She gave me almost 4 ounces (109 grams) in a 5 gallon soft pot. Very happy with the yields from the Dusted Bud strains.

Lemon Venom #3 also came down, hanging on the line now, probably throw her in jars in the next few days. Interested to see the weight from her as well.

Life has kept me a bit busy lately, plus I am lazy, so that never helps. Glad to see you guys still here with me and missing those who have been absent here lately, hopefully won't be too long before we chat again!

Alright, well all of the Lemon Venom plants are down and being enjoyed by all, I only have one Dusted Bud girl going right now, a tester which is Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies. She is super frosty and hopefully going to pack on some more mass.

DSC_0014130.JPG

DSC_0013118.JPG

DSC_0012139.JPG

So I have some changes coming to the grow. I am doubling my grow area, going to have a 4x4 tent for veg and a 4x8 tent for bloom. Also going to have COB lighting for each area. It's a costly upgrade, but I am not able to keep up with my needs with the current setup. This should afford me a lot more flexibility and I am hoping the COBs make heat more manageable while improving the product as well.

Well guys, I am back from Jamaica and settling back in to things around here. I came back to find that my Dusted Bud tester Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies is doing quite well, she is covered in frost and fattening up nicely. I can't wait to share some pictures of her soon.

Exciting times coming soon, within the next month or two I am going to be doubling the bloom and veg area and will be installing all new lighting. Hoping it gives me the room and results I am hoping.

can't wait to see what you do with those lights and tents bro

Me too! I was going with the Citizens but called Timber at the last possible second and got them to switch the COBs out to the CXBs, I wanted to have the most efficient COB I couldg get right now. Probably be another month before I can double the grow, but hoping to have the lights in by the end of this week/beginning of next. I will be able to put one of the bloom lights to work right away.

I don't choose my genetics based on production, no. I choose them based on general opinion of the strains. With Dusted Bud a lot of what I have is testers that he chooses and sends my way, but pretty much all of his stuff is known to be fire, and so far his testers have been nothing but top notch.

I am looking forward to that bright tent! The HID has done the job, but I think these COBs are going to bring out some nice terps and better density.

Back
Top Bottom