Dusted Does Blue Cheese

The Blue Cheese are still stretching and developing flowers. The big one grew over a foot this week.

The GG4 are developing nicely. One of them has mottled leaves but I think it will grow out of that appearance. Leaf shape is strong Indiga. It sure is nice to set the water temperature on the chiller and not worry about adding ice bottles to the reservoir every few hours.

Blue Cheese are mostly done stretching, except for the laggards. Huge stem cankers where the stem rot got hold, but since they are supported, the vascular system is still functioning. Too hard to get pictures of the damage.

Some of the GG4 have also developed stem rot, but I got on it early with a 3500 ppm hydrogen peroxide solution. I wet down the affected area every day or so. So far so good. Damage is minimal. Not sure why it keeps showing up when the pH is correct and the temps of the nutrient are at 20 C. May be I didn't change the starting nutrient solution often enough. We shall see if they are ready to flip at 5 weeks. This strain says 8-10 weeks flowering so I don't want them too big.

Switched the upstairs Blue Cheese to HPS for the final month, just to experiment. Pictures will be more of a pain to get now since the yellow light sucks. Really stinky when the furnace comes on in the morning. It's going to be obnoxious toward the end. Good thing it's my last upstairs grow.

The GG4 are doing well. A few got stem rot but are not suffering too much. These have to be the largest fan leaves I have seen yet but they don't last very long before they droop and get covered by the side branches. Side branches are again going crazy. A couple have slight blue in the fan leaves. Better genetics is showing way different growth than some of the other stuff I bought over the years. Maybe it's just higher Indiga content. Anyway, they were ready to flip at 5 weeks so here we go. This strain says 8-10 weeks so that puts me into April for harvest. Since the roots should be mostly developed I also increased the nutrient temperature from 20 C to 22 C, which is supposed to be the best temp for nutrient uptake.

Blue Cheese is getting even stinkier. Might be a bit close to the light but only the leaf tips of one are drying. I'l leave things alone for now. Might rearrange when I start to defoliate.

The GG4 started the stretch. The one that has mottled leaves (genetic defect) is stunted compared to the others. Maybe it will catch up. Trying to stuff side branches into the cage is a pain cause they don't want to go that way. I may have to tie them up instead of forcing them too tightly to the central stem

Blue Cheese is at 7 weeks after flip so 2 weeks to go. I restricted the N for the last couple of weeks with high PK. Final week I will go with sub-optimal everything. Buds are getting heavy and want to snap so I have to keep them upright.

GG4 2 weeks after flip and stretching like crazy. I did a defoliation last night to get rid of the huge fan leaves and get some light on the bud sites and get more growth of the side branches that were covered. The dwarf is the one with the mottled leaves. Oh well, there should be plenty of buds in this grow.

The Blue Cheese are getting close. They are snapping a few branches that are too horizontal. Still lots of pistils that are white and new growth happening. I'm hoping only one more week till they are ready.

The GG4 are just about done stretching I think. Pretty good flower development happening. They should still grow 6-12 inches before they are done. I think I will switch to the hps soon since I like the results with the upstairs Blue Cheese under that awful coloured light.

I switched the GG4 to hps lamp for the rest of the flowering cycle. They are at 5 weeks from flip and hopefully stop stretching, cause they are starting to scare me. I may have to supercrop a couple of them. A fair amount of variation in phenotypes in these seeds. No pictures of these for a while.

The Blue Cheese was supposed to come down tomorrow but once I saw the pictures I changed my mind. No amber trichomes yet so I will wait a bit longer for the chop. One plant is obviously not ready due to the white pistils. I put up a bunch of pictures from today on the bud picture section of the forum so I won't repeat those. Here are a few new ones.

Back
Top Bottom