Dutch Bato Bucket Experimentation

It's too bad theres no break in price to buy the unit as a whole. 500 bones for an airline kit is shameful. I have a pump that does 1365 GPH at 2 PSI and it's about $225 last I checked. I can't imagine the tubing is so high tech that it warrants half the price. I considered using UC bulkheads, but I opted for heavier versions from Hayward.

Right. The whole solo pro kit is $500. That's module tub (with drain kit), lid, net pots (which are the pieces I bought), plus the air pump and line for that.

Maybe it's one of those heavy duty air pumps or something that are a couple bills. I dunno. Can't see that for a solo mod though.

Right. The whole solo pro kit is $500. That's module tub (with drain kit), lid, net pots (which are the pieces I bought), plus the air pump and line for that.

Maybe it's one of those heavy duty air pumps or something that are a couple bills. I dunno. Can't see that for a solo mod though.

Ah. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying it was 500 for the air kit... still, that's kinda nutty

The UC pumps are the real deal. They are linear, and pretty substantial. Mine is waaaay over the top for 2 17 gallon buckets, but it sure works

Ah. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying it was 500 for the air kit... still, that's kinda nutty

The UC pumps are the real deal. They are linear, and pretty substantial. Mine is waaaay over the top for 2 17 gallon buckets, but it sure works

For my buckets, I'm running a Danner AP-8. It's 4 output, and well, 4 buckets. Works good and is pretty dang quiet.

For my res and top-off res, I'm (now) running an Eheim 200. It's two output with a control for each one, which is nice. And let me tell you... you can't hear it run. It's quiet as hell. LOVE it.

I was originally running a 2 outlet Eco Plus for that, and damn that thing was so noisy. It was 10 times louder than the Danner, and the Danner is pushing 8x the air. So I did some digging, and picked up the Eheim. Money well spent, I can tell you that much.

Between the two pumps, I don't hear them really. The most noise I hear is mostly from the venturi making air bubbles on the output of the main circulation pump, and that isn't much at all. If it gets annoying, I can just close the venturi intake and then the overall system is pretty dang quiet.

For my buckets, I'm running a Danner AP-8. It's 4 output, and well, 4 buckets. Works good and is pretty dang quiet.

For my res and top-off res, I'm (now) running an Eheim 200. It's two output with a control for each one, which is nice. And let me tell you... you can't hear it run. It's quiet as hell. LOVE it.

I was originally running a 2 outlet Eco Plus for that, and damn that thing was so noisy. It was 10 times louder than the Danner, and the Danner is pushing 8x the air. So I did some digging, and picked up the Eheim. Money well spent, I can tell you that much.

Between the two pumps, I don't hear them really. The most noise I hear is mostly from the venturi making air bubbles on the output of the main circulation pump, and that isn't much at all. If it gets annoying, I can just close the venturi intake and then the overall system is pretty dang quiet.
That's cool. Mine doesnt sound like a wood chipper, but I can't say it's quite. I'm the only one on the block with a vibrating shed. I'm ok with it

I'm the only one on the block with a vibrating shed. I'm ok with it

Sell tickets to hot chicks? Profit?

What could go wrong? :D

Back
Top Bottom