Dutch Does Hindu Kush In Promix HP

DutchinAB

Welcome all, this is my first attempt at growing cannabis. I have a farm with my wife and kids, and have had great success growing tomatoes, pumpkins, peas, beans etc in our greenhouse. We have always enjoyed cannabis both medically and recreationally, and with the recent laws introduced (thanks Trudeau) can now grow legally at home! My hopes are to learn a ton on this first attempt, and then start on some other strains that I am more excited about (trainwreck and strawberry cough mostly)

Anyways, our setup looks like this;

4x4 flowering room with one 600w HID light, two ac infinity 6” fans (one exhaust with carbon filter, one intake) and two 6” clip on fans
2x4 veg and seedling room with 600w LED light, two 4” ac infinity fans (one exhaust with carbon filter, one intake), a 6” clip on fan, and small heater since Mother Nature still figures it’s winter!!

I have built both rooms in the loft of one of our shop outbuildings, and have plans to turn an old refrigerator into a drying rack.

I started with two Hindu Kush feminized seeds (Tweed’s bakerstreet), in Promix HP, both sprouted March 15, and tragically lost one to a curious kitten, so I am down to one plant (photos to follow) and hope to take some clones from it very shortly. It was up potted to a 3 gallon on April 4th, and looks like it is really enjoying its new home! I admit it may be a little cool in the room at times, light has been on 18/6 schedule, and I have been going really slow with the nutes, hence it may be a little undersized for its age, but hey that’s what I chose this grow for.

The plant is getting botanicare grow nutrients every other feeding, mixed with our well water. I ordered a Ph pen last week that I hope is here soon, I know our well water has a high Ph, so far no signs of stress on the plant, but it will be good to know exactly what is going into it, and make adjustments from there.

I have been watching @Backlipslide @shottafire @Emilya @Pennywise @InTheShed and @oldsmokey grow journals for a while, I have already learned so much from all of you, thank you! And invite everyone to critique and help along with this hobby!!

Wow awesome reply everyone, thanks all for taking the time to peek in! Just as the lights come on for today an update;

I’m calling her Hindu Kush 1;
00CAF8DC-A4D7-4A6A-94ED-0FA8451C5EB1.jpeg
7A8FB788-F69B-441F-A0B5-11A259389ABE.jpeg

I'll sit in DAB, and :welcome: to the 420magazine website! What nutes are you using?

Post pics...we love pics!

I have Botanicare grow on board at the moment, and bloom ready to go when the eventual clones are ready for flip, I have also gone ahead and mixed up @Emilya egg shell/apple cider vinegar for a calcium supplement. It should be ready by the end of April.

Here is the veg room;
Being in the HVAC trade I had access to some left over materials; foil back insulation. At the time I thought it was perfect, but since having Hindu Kush 1 in the room, I do not like it at all. Something about fibreglass particles in my bud does not sound at all. I have since outfitted our flower room with white hardboard, and purchased enough to outfit the veg room with it as well. That is a project for another day.

I am really impressed with the ac infinity fans with controller, keeps an eye on temp and humidity
31E214F6-EAE7-4A65-B4AB-BB80A6DB417A.jpeg
0FCD925A-C1F3-4878-A4BB-A26373E468AE.jpeg

Welcome Dutchin
Will pull up a chair :popcorn::popcorn:
I used botanicare for quite a few grows, learned I had to flush mid flower to get the salts out of the soil
Good luck on your new plant experiment

Thanks, Pep! That is good to know. I will keep that in mind for later on down the growing road. What type of medium were you growing in?

Thanks, Pep! That is good to know. I will keep that in mind for later on down the growing road. What type of medium were you growing in?
Hi Dutchin
I use Sunshine mix #4 it is similar to Promix hp which is mainly peat perlite nutrients and mychoryzae
I hope I spelled that correctly
I like it because it is simple , quite light and airy to allow oxygen down into the roots , allows good root growth and have less worry about ph as it tends to be a good ph buffer
:)

A couple things you could add to your mix in the future would be some worm castings and or compost, a little rock dust or azomite. This is just food for the microbes to get happy and established. Not sure if you had added anything to your mix. Some liquid kelp product would be good to add with your feeds as well. Botanicare has liquid karma which has kelp as well as humid acid to help nutrient uptake. Everything looks super clean in your setup. Well done dutch.
One love

If it's anything like the Hindu Kush girl I've been growing for a couple years now you're gonna love it! Cutting from a friend.

Mine goes so dark purple at the finish it almost looks black and I'd swear it's blood on the Fiskars when I trim it up.

ProMix HP and either AN 3-part or Greenleaf Megacrop nutes. Likes 'em both.

HinduKushCrop07.jpg

Good luck with yours!

:peace:

Well folks, late night update time!

Happy belated Easter to everyone! I hope we all had full bellies and bowls!

Hindu Kush 1 seems to like something here, threw out another set of leaves and is working on the next already.
DFC290D9-98DC-455E-8229-682A58B539A9.jpeg

She had a good small half gallon feeding on Sunday, and has still got some weight when lifted, so we should be able to stretch out a dry period, and let those roots get some oxygen! I’ll be sure to check back on the weight in the next few days.

7261961E-3FD0-4AFD-BAAD-C5E85A1A0314.jpeg

It is a full month of being above ground today, I think I’ll give it another two weeks before attempting a first top. I’ve been reading through the quad lining thread a bit and hope to give that a try with this plant, or one of its clones. #quadsquad

Temp has been hanging around 70-80 in the room, it’s going to be a quick learning curve keeping that steady as the warmer days are coming quickly! The loft the rooms are built in is heated, but it is only kept at 5-10 Celsius. I am hoping to not require A/C when flowering, it may fall right into our warmest months of July and August, depending on how these first few attempts of cloning turn out.

Here is what the egg shell/apple cider vinegar solution looks like;
644F0CE5-CCDF-4705-BE04-45C1162CF5D7.jpeg

Emily’s tutorial on that was straight forward, and it was easy to track down egg shells with 50 chickens in the backyard! It should be ready to start adding to the feeding on the 26th.

So far, this equipment seems to be working well, does anyone know of any issues switching light types through a grow? I have it under the 600w LED for veg, and have a 600w HPS set up for flower, does this really matter?

-DAB

Isn't this his/her new journal?

Can confirm it is his!

Hi Dutchin
I use Sunshine mix #4 it is similar to Promix hp which is mainly peat perlite nutrients and mychoryzae
I hope I spelled that correctly
I like it because it is simple , quite light and airy to allow oxygen down into the roots , allows good root growth and have less worry about ph as it tends to be a good ph buffer
:)

It sure is airy! It sent up a few bubbles after it’s last feeding, it was neat to watch them as the water soaked in

A couple things you could add to your mix in the future would be some worm castings and or compost, a little rock dust or azomite. This is just food for the microbes to get happy and established. Not sure if you had added anything to your mix. Some liquid kelp product would be good to add with your feeds as well. Botanicare has liquid karma which has kelp as well as humid acid to help nutrient uptake. Everything looks super clean in your setup. Well done dutch.
One love

No, nothing was added to the pro mix, we have a large pile of chicken and horse manure composting, but I am hesitant to add it as I am positive it would introduce all sorts of bugs into the grow rooms. I may need to start a separate pile somewhere!

If it's anything like the Hindu Kush girl I've been growing for a couple years now you're gonna love it! Cutting from a friend.

Mine goes so dark purple at the finish it almost looks black and I'd swear it's blood on the Fiskars when I trim it up.

ProMix HP and either AN 3-part or Greenleaf Megacrop nutes. Likes 'em both.

HinduKushCrop07.jpg

Good luck with yours!

:peace:

Oh those do look dark and frosty!
Mega crop does seem to be what everybody is using on here these days huh? I’ll have to keep my eye out for it.

Back
Top Bottom