Dutch Does Hindu Kush In Promix HP

Nice looking gummies! I find my oil is dark because of the decarb process. It leaves the buds browner and toasted.
Do you grind your buds before decarb, infusing, or at all during the process?

If I'm doing the jar-in-the-oven for small batches, I grind them after decarb and before infusion. With the MB machine (when I'm making at least 16oz), it grinds the buds during the infusion so I put the buds in whole.
Noted, it seemed like the route to go.
:thanks:

A huge thank you to both @Amy Gardner and @Carcass for sharing their oil and gummie procedures! It was very easy to follow!
:thumb: :D They look great DAB!

I find my oil is dark because of the decarb process. It leaves the buds browner and toasted.

I used to think that before I stopped using the MBM2.
Using the Ardent devices my oils are not dark or dark green. They are a clear golden oil, just a touch darker than the original. Except for the fan leaf oil I made recently, which is dark green and also tastes much more chlorophyll-y ;). So I think it is the plant matter that makes the oil dark and in my experience with 3 different methods the MBM is the only method that does this. I always thought it was superfine plant matter.

I also wait till after decarb to smash the buds. They crumble easily. :)

I always thought it was superfine plant matter.

I've found that not mixing the sludge (the stuff at the bottom of the jar) back into the oil before using it
helps in keeping the "toasted pot" taste to a minimum when making gummies.

I used to just shake the oil up before using- now I gently stir it ,so as to not disturb the sludge layer, then suck the oil I'm going to use off the top with a turkey baster. I'm not sure the stirring is even necessary, but I do it anyway...
The oil is still dark, though- even without the sludge...

I also wait till after decarb to smash the buds. They crumble easily.
Yep- just grab a handful and squeeze- voila...powdered pot... :)

I'll mash some of them if they're "stemmy" buds- it makes it real easy to pull out the stemmy parts before they go into the machine.

I do that too, but a lot of the plant matter still ends up in the finished oil... I only strain it through the
screen that came with the MBM- Straining it through a finer screen might help with that...probably still be brown, though...

I also wait till after decarb to smash the buds. They crumble easily.
I will try that next time.
then suck the oil I'm going to use off the top with a turkey baster.
That is clever!
I only strain it through the
screen that came with the MBM-
It went through two layers of cheesecloth, next time I might try three layers, or the stainless kitchen strainer.
There was quite a bit of a learning curve this first attempt, I can only apply what I’ve learned and improve on it next time.

I took half a bear around 4pm, had a nice picked up buzz while Mrs. Dab and I made dinner. (Apple brandy glazed pork loin and twice baked potatoes. It was drool worthy!). Felt very energetic but calm at the same time. Took the other half at 7ish, and I was giddy watching the last half of the Rams game. There was a canna taste to the gummies, but it did not bother me. I hope to get Mrs. Dab’s thoughts on them tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Had to move fast on these gummies, but we managed!
I’m not sure if I’ll grind the buds again before infusing the oil, I think it made it too easy for plant matter to piggyback into the final product. That may be why the oil is so dark too??
All in all, I think it went well for the first crack. A few things I will do better next time is keep the heat lower while mixing on the stovetop, and be more patient mixing in the oil, it seemed to separate on me very quickly towards the end of filling the moulds.
A huge thank you to both @Amy Gardner and @Carcass for sharing their oil and gummie procedures! It was very easy to follow!
I’m going to have to try this 2021.... looks like you’ve done an awesome job brother Dutch

Flower day 63 on this clone

Also made some brownies with the left over oil from the gummies.
They are great!!

The reveg clone is taking it’s time, it looks like roots are down to the bottom of the 1gallon pot, no change to the plant above ground that I can tell just yet. We’ll keep at her! (And it looks as if I did not grab pictures of her last night, I’ll try tonight when the lights come on)

10 weeks post flip on this clone of a clone
E5D8C300-DBD9-42C2-AF85-C2C1CC6C8CE7.jpeg

B1C23525-8A10-4D8C-AD08-9513AF545F2D.jpeg

She has really slowed down drinking.
D89BB49C-1572-4A5B-8902-F17C2C0B84F0.jpeg

She’s soooo close.....thoughts?

Tomorrow would be harvest day if she were mine...I'd say she's ready when you are!

Back
Top Bottom