Dutch Dragons OG Kush - Blueberry White - 2'x2' Cab - Batmix Soil Grow - 250 Watt HPS

Re: Dutch Dragons OG Kush - Blueberry White - 2'x2' Cab - Batmix Soil Grow - 250 Watt

Hello everyone,
Time for my weekly update, its now 28 days since first true leaves and they got a way to go still to fill this screen. Decided to put some more light on em to try and get things going so I threw the 250hps in there and got rid of the cfl's and kept the ufo. The reasoning behind this is to remove the blue light and try and get em to stretch a bit with the yellow light of the hps. Even with the help of the cooltube its not gonna cut it heat wise. Got the cooltube pulling through a carbon filter so the fans not up to the job anymore. Will add another fan in the vent line to help get rid of more hot air. I love a challenge though.
Heres a pic of the girls under the new light setup. Will do a more thorough picture update next week when I will hopefuly have got enough coverage to flip em 12/12.
0011359.JPG

Re: Dutch Dragons OG Kush - Blueberry White - 2'x2' Cab - Batmix Soil Grow - 250 Watt

you want your screen 50% filled when you switch to 12/12 flowering. what size is your cooltube 5 inch or 6 inch? you are after a 5 inch or 6 inch inline fan to remove the heat through your cooltube.

Hiyah King John,
Got a 5 inch with a can filter and 2 185cfm inline fans. Works a treat. Will post pics of the box on the weekend. Ive scrogged before.
Raven, the OG is the best scrog plant Ive grown so far, lots of tops compared to the Blueberry White. Hope it smokes as well as it grows.

Hiyah everyone,
Had to put them in flower due to hot weather and I think they are almost ready. Its 35 days since first true leaves and day 1 of flower. Since the hps turned on its been hot here in Holland and Ive been fighting the heat battle all week. Due to where the box is situated I cant get rid of my exhaust heat outside so its just been a struggle to keep temps exceptable. At least with 12/12 they are only cooking for 12 hours a day. The double fan cooltube setup is working a treat, but Ive turned my box into a fan heater. When funds will allow I will be installing an exhaust fan to outside to vent the hot cooltube air. Things are very tight at the moment after getting a large tax bill. Anyway a bit of info on what Ive been upto so far as far as plant care is concerned. The past week or so the ladies have been enjoying organic tomato feed at 100% strength, which they much appreciated. Growth has been good and they've got a good colour still, no yellowing. Considering the extreme temps they've had this past week Im very proud of them. The screen is filling out nicely, these OG are perfect scroggers. They've got twice the bud sites of the BBW. Hope they smoke good cause I think theyre a keeper for this in a box,scrogging. Plan on using a tea of bubbled batmix soil with extra batmix, gnat killer drench, raw cane sugar, and rotted banana skins in flower, sounds yummy. Anyway, Ive taken a few pics of the cooltube setup and the girls.
0031302.JPG
Cooltube setup
006999.JPG
Girls under the ufo/cooltube 250
0041197.JPG
The girls under the scrog screen
Cant wait to get a few buds going, and thanks for joining in with the boring veg stage of my grow. Hope you stick around to see em flower. Take it easy people. Make the most of the weekend.
Dutch

is that your ballast mounted in the top right corner of your cabinet? if it is i would mount it outside of your cabinet, it should drop your temperatures several degrees.

Hiyah KingJohn,
No my ballast is outside the cab, in the top right that's an extractor fan with a carbon filter mounted outside ontop of the box. I double vent the box. Thanks for the input though. My temp problem is due to the room not being vented, thus making a spiral effect of rising temps. The intake air is being preheated by the exhaust, the exhaust works fine but has nowhere to go. I need about thirty euro for an external vent cover but Im broke. I already have a bathroom extractor waiting to go in, but I live on a busy shopping street in the middle of town so its gotta look normal from the outside. The weather has got a bit cooler which is helping a lot, but summer has to come eventualy and Im gonna be in trouble without the external vent. Im gonna check the diy store later to see if a cheaper vent cover is available. Trouble is, theyre all pricey and stainless steel. Ill have a sniff around for a plastic one till I get more funds.

Welcome skyrocket,
Your just in time, they'll be in flower shortly and then the fun begins. Organic all the way man.

Hiyah all,
Time for my weekly update on the girls. They showed the first hairs 4 days after the change in photoperiod and its been 7 days now and theyre showing good. This week they've had a soil drench of No Gnat and a bit of raw cane sugar with the water. Been training them under the screen and its filling in quite well. Still a bit warm in there but with any luck Ill get time to knock a hole through to outside this weekend to exhaust the room that theyre in. These OG are realy nice plants to scrog and they love the batmix. Will start feeding this week with a tea of batguano,worm castings,banana peel and raw cane sugar. Got a real weird base to the stem of the biggest one which Im not at all worried about but is quite unusual, its like a big ball of growth at the base of the stem. Anyway, heres the progress photos.
0061008.JPG
weird growth at base
0051155.JPG
up the skirt of the big one
007957.JPG
up the skirt of the other og
0011371.JPG
group shot

Thanks for the encouragement guys,
they'll soon stink the place up lovely:)

Back
Top Bottom