Dutch Master Gold nutes eh?

GrumpyGrower

I've used the dutch master zone for a while now and it's great. Keeps the res water very clean and only takes a tiny amount to work. I've had the bottle for a couple months and it's still almost full.

I just received the DM gold nute line, complete with the add.27. Very early impressions....

Yuck!!! Soo expensive and waited so long to be delivered, and after one res fill (10 gal) I can already see that it will soon be time to reorder. No matter how much I give the plants they still show signs of underfeeding. My PPM is now up to 2200 and they still have a lot of lime green growth. DM's online nute calculator could not be more confusing.

These nutes may work great, but I feel like im gonna have to reorder half way through the bud cycle, and also the bottles this stuff comes in are not very user friendly. They spill and gurgle and just suck.

I guess ill reserve the right to change my mind, but the gen hydro nutes are cheaper and last longer. So DM is already missing 2 out of 3 factors. (3rd would be performance) If I don't see some improved growth in the next few weeks, these will go down the sink out of spite and i'll stick with GH.

Could it be possible your ph and/or PPM meter needs to be recalibrated, causing either lockout from PH being off or def. From PPM being lower than its reading? I just ask cause I've seen great results with the DM line.

Could it be possible your ph and/or PPM meter needs to be recalibrated, causing either lockout from PH being off or def. From PPM being lower than its reading? I just ask cause I've seen great results with the DM line.

Good call. Faulty meters have given me trouble in the past. These are brand new and I calibrated them about a week ago when they arrived.

The veg plants love the DM nutes but, at 1500ppm they seem to want a bit more. Still, no signs of underfeeding tho.

The flowering plants are showing a tiny bit of improvement at 2200ppm, I bumped them up another 200ppm last night. They still look really underfed.

I grabbed a syringe and measuring beaker to make measuring the nutes easier. My measuring spoons wont fit inside the DM bottles, and pouring them into the spoons resulted in spills.

What kind of PPM meter do u use? The reason I ask is because all of DM PPM use a conversion of .5 , while some meters use all the way up to .7 . So if your meter uses .7 , and DM uses .5 and u use their nutrient calc. To add enough nutes to get your meter to read 2000 PPM then your actually only at 1200 PPM. This is why lots of people reccomend that u use EC instead of PPM. Hope that made sense, it almost has me confused and I typed it. Lol

What kind of PPM meter do u use? The reason I ask is because all of DM PPM use a conversion of .5 , while some meters use all the way up to .7 . So if your meter uses .7 , and DM uses .5 and u use their nutrient calc. To add enough nutes to get your meter to read 2000 PPM then your actually only at 1200 PPM.

Great idea!! Thanks for the suggestion. However looking at the specs on my meter it says,
Conversion Factor: NaCl (avg. 0.5)

I flushed and remixed the nutes last night so we will see. I noticed the ppm went from 2200 to 1800 in 24 hrs, with about a gallon of water drank. Doesn't that mean there probably isn't any nute lockout?

Appreciate the help

Also, these plants were vegged for 4+ months while they served as mothers, they are pretty big. Does having bigger/older plants justify a higher ppm?

Well 2400 ppm did the trick. The plants have most of their color back and have exploded with new growth. What I learned was... this strain (nightshade) seems to be a nutrient pig. The DM gold aggressive nute schedule is a minimum, the 'standard' nute schedule starves them.

I have had these nutes for 5 days now, and half the bottle(s) are gone. I am only running two res, a 5gal and a 10 gal. I plan on running 6 res eventually, so I suppose i'd need like 3 bottles per flower cycle. Too bad they don't/can't make these more concentrated. These will be gone before I really get a chance to judge performance, and I see myself switching back to GH 3 part.

Well 2400 ppm did the trick. The plants have most of their color back and have exploded with new growth. What I learned was... this strain (nightshade) seems to be a nutrient pig. The DM gold aggressive nute schedule is a minimum, the 'standard' nute schedule starves them.

I have had these nutes for 5 days now, and half the bottle(s) are gone. I am only running two res, a 5gal and a 10 gal. I plan on running 6 res eventually, so I suppose i'd need like 3 bottles per flower cycle. Too bad they don't/can't make these more concentrated. These will be gone before I really get a chance to judge performance, and I see myself switching back to GH 3 part.
I run the whole DM gold line are you using the liter bottles I get the gallons its like getting a liter free :yahoo:

Try using a large syringe with a piece of aquarium airline tubing long enough to reach the bottom of the DM bottle. Draw your nutes from the bottle and squirt them into a Hydrofarm measuring shot glass for dead on measurments, zero mess, and zero waste. The syringes should be avilable at your supply shop

When I used DM Gold I did not have a ppm meter, only a ph meter. I mixed the nutes according to the bottle's instructions and set the ph to run between 5.8 and 6.5. I changed the reservoirs every 10 days and never had a problem because of the nutes.

I've used the dutch master zone for a while now and it's great. Keeps the res water very clean and only takes a tiny amount to work. I've had the bottle for a couple months and it's still almost full.

I just received the DM gold nute line, complete with the add.27. Very early impressions....

Yuck!!! Soo expensive and waited so long to be delivered, and after one res fill (10 gal) I can already see that it will soon be time to reorder. No matter how much I give the plants they still show signs of underfeeding. My PPM is now up to 2200 and they still have a lot of lime green growth. DM's online nute calculator could not be more confusing.

These nutes may work great, but I feel like im gonna have to reorder half way through the bud cycle, and also the bottles this stuff comes in are not very user friendly. They spill and gurgle and just suck. Ya got that right. I'm going to buy a turkey baster

I guess ill reserve the right to change my mind, but the gen hydro nutes are cheaper and last longer. So DM is already missing 2 out of 3 factors. (3rd would be performance) If I don't see some improved growth in the next few weeks, these will go down the sink out of spite and i'll stick with GH.

I posted within this email but apparently need to write outside. DMs liter btls suck. They pour poorly, making a mess. I am going to get a turkey baster.

Back
Top Bottom