Dutch Passion, Glueberry OG, Flower Day 10

I've grown this strain 4 times now and it's great. There are indeed two obvious phenotypes as you say:

• Pheno 1: yields are average, buds take longer to develop, are not rock hard and doesn't have many red pistils. Buds have a greyish blue tint to them and are more on the 'glue' side.

• Pheno 2: yields are big, buds develop very quickly, turn rock hard and have an abundance of red pistils. Buds are dark green which contrast with the pistils and is more 'berry x OG'.

Both are great but Pheno 2 is my favourite in all aspects, so much so that I have phased Pheno 2 out completely in the current run. Pheno 1 has weaker branches, yields less, develops slower and is generally not as robust as Pheno 2. The only area it may have the edge is taste and smell but it's highly subjective and is only a tiny margin if any at all. Pheno 1 is earthy with a chemically glue smell, Pheno 2 is much more fruity.

I'm onto my third run now and am currently 20 days in flower; they look fantastic. I have my cuts in coco and vegging up nicely for run 4. My last two runs netted me .98gpw and .94gpw respectively under a Fluence Spydr X Plus. The light is brilliant but I credit the strain with the above average results also.
Yes I definatley prefer pheno 2 as well, mine almost reminds me of the blue cheese strain smell wise

And on my next run I'll be taking cuts from each plant grown and at the end I'll keep the best plants cut as the mother

I'm wanting to go led as well at some point how's the Fluence? Heared good thing about them. I also like the sound of the California lightworks too

As for gpw I'll be surprised if I even hit .5 but we will see lol

Yes I definatley prefer pheno 2 as well, mine almost reminds me of the blue cheese strain smell wise

And on my next run I'll be taking cuts from each plant grown and at the end I'll keep the best plants cut as the mother

I'm wanting to go led as well at some point how's the Fluence? Heared good thing about them. I also like the sound of the California lightworks too

The Fluence Spydr X Plus are amazing. So good on my first few runs that I bought a Spydr X to go in my veg room. They are 685w and 330w respectively. There is a definite learning curve coming from HPS, different distances and light intensity/spectrum but once dialled in I just could never see a reason to go back ever.

It was a big jump and financial commitment as I was getting consistently good results from 2 x 600w air cooled in my 2m x 2m tent but just felt it was time to change. I looked at all options and prices ranging from Viparspectra to Grow Northern and up to Black Dog (going by price here) and very nearly went for the BD - so glad I didn't now.

The Fluence lights are very expensive bit have paid for themselves within 3 cycles; they are now basically free. I've halved my electric usage from 1300w to 685w, my temps are far more stable meaning better environment and have consistently added about 35% of better quality buds to my HPS yields. I absolutely love them.

I think Dutch Passion are one of the best and most consistently good seedbanks at the minute also. I've had some real duff batches of seeds from big name companies over the past few years but DP seem to be very stable with good quality. Once I'm finished with Glueberry I'll be putting their Lemon Zkittles in. The combination of good genetics, better environmental control and brilliant lights has been nothing short of amazing.

By the way I was getting .4 to .5gpw with my HPS set up also, found it very hard to break that cycle no matter what. First cycle with the Fluence light I did .94, second cycle .98 and this time I'm hoping to get to or over the magic 1gpw barrier! For me the tide has well and truly turned - there is no way HPS can compete with these modern, high tech LEDs.

Outstanding results! Your killing it. I to have had excellent results from Dutch Passion. Great company. Great genetics. I have popped 6 Glue Berry’s. I am running 1 HLG 550V2 and 2 Electric Sunshine’s. Both proven and excellent LED lights. LED is the way to go. Can you give us some additional information on your last Glue Berry grows? Soil? How long in veg, how many plants, Oz per plant average. Would really be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Outstanding results! Your killing it. I to have had excellent results from Dutch Passion. Great company. Great genetics. I have popped 6 Glue Berry’s. I am running 1 HLG 550V2 and 2 Electric Sunshine’s. Both proven and excellent LED lights. LED is the way to go. Can you give us some additional information on your last Glue Berry grows? Soil? How long in veg, how many plants, Oz per plant average. Would really be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I grow exclusively in coco now. There has been a learning curve over the last few years coming from soil such as feeding every watering and how much you can saturate coco with no real adverse results. I won't grow in anything else now as results are nearly as good as hydro but is much more forgiving if I happen to screw up.

My first GB run I had six plants, vegged for six weeks after going into final 16litre fabric pot and they were topped multiple times and supercropped to spread the canopy. Second run I wanted a bit of a quicker turnaround so did eight plants and vegged four weeks in the final containers before flowering. Results were almost identical but the eight plant run saved me a good few weeks.

The first two cycles have included both phenotypes of GB as described in an earlier post. Both are very good but Pheno 2 seems to trump the other in nearly all aspects - not least in yield where I'd say it gives about 50% more in a week less time. 8 weeks and it's well done compared to at least 9 go Pheno 1.

On the first run I got 23 zips from the six plants. That was just under 4 zips a plant of primo buds but in reality Pheno 2 produced more with one beast of a plant (all of my current cuttings from this plant) that gave nearly 6 zips. The second run I got just over 24 zips from the 8 plants and the weight was even more lopsided in favour of Pheno 2 this time - it saved my grow in terms of weight! I had 4 of each phenotype.

My latest run is a mono crop of the beast plant from pheno 2, 8 in total again. I have just experimented with the high defoliation technique and recently stripped nearly all fan leaves at day 21; I feel this can only be beneficial. They did not stretch quite as much this time but are on average a tad over 3ft with about 10 main colas each due to training. They are looking pretty good already and I can't wait to see how they progress! This strain responds to topping and training like a champ, almost seems to like it and I've yet to see a single hermie or even a single banana yet!

You've got some great lights there so with the info and pics from myself and Scrogfather you should be onto a bountiful crop.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the information. I’m looking forward to cloning the right pheno type for future runs. I too have always used HPS with good results but LED has changed everything. Your right just a few runs and they pay for themselves let alone bigger yields and in my opinion better taste... thanks again for all the info. Please continue with updates.

Wow! Looks fantastic. Really nice. Looking forward to close up pictures after or during harvest and weights. Nice job!
Cheers mate will be chopping this weekend and hopefully have a nice slow dry for 2 weeks then I'll be able to get some weights together

I also have the fluence LED and I’m at the first stage of flower at 55% intensity at about 3 feet away. Should I be turning the intensity up or down? What would you recommend? Thank you for your time much appreciated.

I also have the fluence LED and I’m at the first stage of flower at 55% intensity at about 3 feet away. Should I be turning the intensity up or down? What would you recommend? Thank you for your time much appreciated.
I'm not too familiar with Led mate so I don't think I'd be the most qualified to tell you what to do,

But if it was me I'd go off the ppfd that your lights putting out though so your going to want a ppfd of around 800-1000 per sq meter in your grow room/tent (unless using co2 which can be a ppfd of 1500+) so to work out if you have enough light you will want to do the below example:

Grow area in sq meter = 2.4

X Desired ppfd level = 800

= Total ppfd required = 1920 ppfd for 2.4 m2

Divide 1920 by the lights ppfd rating = depends on exact model but will be around 2.5 for the Fluence (check data sheets for exact measurements, bear in mind though that the ppfd of the light will be shown as "umol/j")

=1920 total ppfd ÷ 2.5 umol/J rating for light = 768 actual watts drawn at wall needed

So if you adjust the above to your exact grow room specs you will know if you have enough light and if you haven't you can turn your light up to a % that matches how much ppfd you require (a quantum par meter would be a lot easier to use to find exact ppfd readings in the grow area but they are quite expensive but it would allow you to hand lights at the perfect height during the whole grow meaning maximum yeilds)

From there on out I'd only start decreasing light intensity toward the final 3 weeks (in my case I just raised the lights)

Looks like a brilliant run Scrogfather! I've never ran them into week 9 before, would you say it was worth it?
20190313_185517.jpg
20190313_185510.jpg
20190313_185447.jpg
20190313_185435.jpg
20190313_185428.jpg

Here is my latest batch at day 31...
Most Definatly, I always end up harvest to early and get the energetic head high (don't particularly like this as it's hard to relax like that lol) but at the 8 week mark all trichomes were cloudy and some were starting to turn amber so hopefully I'll get the effects I want on this run

I bought the Fluence Lunar Controller with my lights also but found it a bit of a gimmicky faff for my purposes. My small plants are brought up on the 330w Spydrx so should be used to the spectrum once in the main Spydrxplus tent. If not though I have simply disconnected 1 or 2 of the light bars till they bounce back.

Most of the time though it's 100% power and I just regulate the height to adjust intensity. At the start of flower the light is generally 3 feet or so away from the canopy, I let them grow up to it then adjust height as required after that. At week 5 now the lights are about 20 inches away. Haven't felt it necessary to venture down to the 15cm from canopy level Fluence says is possible.

I'm not too familiar with Led mate so I don't think I'd be the most qualified to tell you what to do,

But if it was me I'd go off the ppfd that your lights putting out though so your going to want a ppfd of around 800-1000 per sq meter in your grow room/tent (unless using co2 which can be a ppfd of 1500+) so to work out if you have enough light you will want to do the below example:

Grow area in sq meter = 2.4

X Desired ppfd level = 800

= Total ppfd required = 1920 ppfd for 2.4 m2

Divide 1920 by the lights ppfd rating = depends on exact model but will be around 2.5 for the Fluence (check data sheets for exact measurements, bear in mind though that the ppfd of the light will be shown as "umol/j")

=1920 total ppfd ÷ 2.5 umol/J rating for light = 768 actual watts drawn at wall needed

So if you adjust the above to your exact grow room specs you will know if you have enough light and if you haven't you can turn your light up to a % that matches how much ppfd you require (a quantum par meter would be a lot easier to use to find exact ppfd readings in the grow area but they are quite expensive but it would allow you to hand lights at the perfect height during the whole grow meaning maximum yeilds)

From there on out I'd only start decreasing light intensity toward the final 3 weeks (in my case I just raised the lights)
Thank you sir I will try that I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom