DutchDude's First Grow - 05/2011 - Jiffy - Hempy - SCROG - 250W MH - 4 Strains

u can't cut holes in 100yr old wood & if caught u'll be evicted. i'd get a grow tent & give u're plants ideal grow conditions. u can also easily relocate if needed. i was just looking at some & the price has come down. u might check htgsupply.com

haha exactly. i rent an antique apartment, so no holes in any walls, plus i have upstairs neighbors (no attic access). plus i just realized how scary my power situation is too, old ass wires with crumbling insulation running through tinder dry lath walls and on top of that its not even grounded. aaaand i'm sharing a circuit with my computer.... so i've decided to downgrade. i'm building a little cabinet out of a dresser, 250w CFLs. if get some good grows under my belt, i can upgrade when i move.

u might try just making a flouro board w/regular shop lights & run each light to a different circuit, instead of tying them together. i did a few grows like that (it's been awhile). 4 lites@ $15=$60, plus tubes @ $2x8= $16. half a sheet of plywood & some hanging chain. about $100 & choose u're bulbs carefully. u could have a nice grow.

Holy Shiz!!! Dutch I can't believe how amazing your ladies turned out!!! that scrog really seemed to work out for you well!!! great job!! sorry I missed out on the last month of growing, my computer was broke and justt finally built one today so I'm back!! lol... I can't tell which of your strains looks tastier..they all look so damn scrumtious!! I just started my second journal, clones are in the dirt as of yesterday, and going SCroggin again!!!

Awesome job dutch!! cant wait to hear the smoke reports!!!

Also if you don't already have a drying area, I build a really cheap and effective one out of a wardrobe moving box, a fan, and some twine...lemme know if you need any tips on curing too...i finished my 1st grow and everthing turned out great!!!

Fabulous grow dutch! Just finished reading start to finish.

Would also like to hear your thoughts on the strains and final dry weight.

and those mutant leaves were crazy, man!! my first thought was, "that's not weed."

-HG

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Thanks everyone for the 5 star rating. I know that I still owe this thread the final weight, and a smoke report, both of which will come sooooooon :)

Some final info - better late than never, right? Now for the numbers:

Total WET weight was: 1194 grams (42 oz).
Thanks to some nice and tight buds, the final DRY, cured, and trimmed weight was: 328 grams (11.5 oz).
The screen was 42"x30" = 8.75 ft^2.
So, wet it is 1194/8.75 = 136 g/ft^2 = 4.8 oz/ft^2.
Dried was 38.5 g/ft^2 = 1.4 oz/ft^2
Light was 250W MH, so 328 gr/250W = 1.3 gr/W

Least favorite was the Grapefruit Kush. This is listed as an old school Afghani Kush strain. Didn't do much for us, didn't taste grapefruit. Won't grow again. Gave most of it away :)

Second best was the Emerald Jack. Much better smoke (vape). This is a sativa-dominant cross between Jack Herer and Emerald OG. This was a great pick-me-up, day-time, happy, smiley and get-'r-done smoke. Very dry mouth though.

But by far our favorite was the Jock Horror, which is on the sativa side and a cross of Jack Herer, Northern Lights, Skunk and Haze. It was a great producer, and very very sticky. The high was very direct, strong body high, and an uplifting, happy. Best of both worlds in our opinion, watch those munchies though! It is easy to clone, great yield in hydroponics (later grows), easy to manipulate and make it grow the way you want. Great weed for night time activities between the sheets :oops:.

Back
Top Bottom