Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Hey Hey:yahoo: everybody !!

These girls have just exploded after their last feeding and are definitely going to be switched over to BLOOM nutes next feed.
I am running a full AN line Sensi Bloom A+B /CalMag /Carboload/B-52 I am introducing Overdrive in her last weeks feeding cycle before her flush. I have used AN nutes before and had good luck with them. See how it goes!! I am going to be keeping my feed through bloom light around 800-900PPM and 1/2 strength feeds.:high-five:

If there’s thoughts on this then please let me know! Not afraid to change it around based on people’s experiences and knowledge !:thanks:

I can personally tell you I’m so very excited to see these girls go into full bloom! They have been my babies for a bit now and it will be a great pleasure to watch them grow out them beautiful full Flowers!:slide::slide:

Without further hesitation here’s the girls from today! ( I will also add some DSLR photos tonight not just these phone pics! )

382EB313-6F49-40B6-A90B-7DE547496B07.jpeg
The girls all together!

White Widow 1
D7B370B8-049A-427E-BC42-1B05FEAD14FF.jpeg

White Widow 2 - showing the most sign of flowers this far! With her sisters right behind!!
AA0D1B9B-83F5-4690-B27D-06DA75A1BEB6.jpeg

And finally the bushiest most dense girl of the group ! Early Miss 1
219324AC-E63F-4F4C-95AF-62C89B14B499.jpeg

I’ll get some nice pictures up shortly !! Happy growing friends

Attachments

• FB02DBF8-C18D-4EE9-AAB2-86B48F57C701.jpeg
    FB02DBF8-C18D-4EE9-AAB2-86B48F57C701.jpeg
    792.8 KB · Views: 60
So I had some questions regarding removing some leaves from autos! As always there’s argued answers for this question. “Yes do it, opens up canopy for better bud growth”. “No don’t defoil autos as they need all the leaf they can get for growing and flowering!” Can any experienced auto growers weigh in on this matter ? @Bilbobudkin420 @Blew Hiller @SweetSue hope you don’t mind me bugging!

So I had some questions regarding removing some leaves from autos! As always there’s argued answers for this question. “Yes do it, opens up canopy for better bud growth”. “No don’t defoil autos as they need all the leaf they can get for growing and flowering!” Can any experienced auto growers weigh in on this matter ? @Bilbobudkin420 @Blew Hiller @SweetSue hope you don’t mind me bugging!
Im not that experienced especially with autos but ive pulled my girls to bits. Stunted one of em but seriously i go in with the bending, topping, staking, splitting you name it. A little leaf strip will not hurt them at all. I take leaves every few days. I have too at the rate these girls grow and the way i want em trained

If youre tentative just take the very biggest ones. I can see atleast 4 main beastys on each plant

Yea there are a few really big fans that I have been tucking every day after they rebound from training. Speaking of training do you continue to train and LST into flower or stop once they begin flower stage !? I will try to spread out the early Miss more as she is the bushiest girl and try to take a few bigger fans of the widows as well!

Yea there are a few really big fans that I have been tucking every day after they rebound from training. Speaking of training do you continue to train and LST into flower or stop once they begin flower stage !? I will try to spread out the early Miss more as she is the bushiest girl and try to take a few bigger fans of the widows as well!
It really depends how you've trained em. These girls have just started to flower so now ima let em go up. When i grow photoperiods I like to grow em bigger so training and stretch is adjusted for

:popcorn: Looking forward to some quality pics. Your plants are looking healthy and should put out some beautiful flowers.

I continue to train during the stretch period. Just try and keep stress to a minimum. I sometimes have to snap a branch over during the stretch to keep the canopy even, in my mind though its a stress to one plant to allow closer light placement for the group.

I don't defoliate the tops, but pull the bottom half off to allow the plant to focus on the top buds. Otherwise I end up with too much popcorn and poor quality buds. When it comes time to trim your girls buds you will probably notice some of the lower bud wont be as dense, next time pull all those off ;)

Thanks for the tips @Hootenanny !! i am going to try and remove a small amount of unusable branches and covering fan leaves. I want to try and keep as much of the upper canopy as possible but allowing all the tops as much light as they can get! I am setting up my tripod tonight and will snap some lovely photos out of the tent so I can get rid of the yellow coulour from the HPS above! Ill get them true greens in those photos! Here are a few without and zoom.. More photos and a detailed update tomorrow!
:thumb::thanks: Now lets have a roll up that sticky icky and have a puff!:ganjamon::passitleft:
DSC_0490.JPG
DSC_0493.JPG
DSC_0495.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0489.JPG
    DSC_0489.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 38
Not sure if helpful. I have been removing any large fan leaves that are blocking light, but also have 2ndary leaves established. I also don't touch the top. Not sure if it is good practice or not. I am of the mindset more light penetration is better for growth. I don't trim much on my auto as LST is my preferred option for opening her up now that she is in flower.

Hey @TheDude1337 thanks for the input. I was thinking of leaving as much as possible on them and trying to spread the girls out as much as possible with some tying, tucking and LST to open up bottom/ middle as much as I can.

Beautiful overhead of the girls this evening !
DF84E43B-1AE5-4299-A96F-9534D54FF079.jpeg

Nice side shot to show branching and healthy growth!!
72C27603-0ACE-4752-AD7D-23BD18DDB511.jpeg

Lots of nice bud sites forming getting ready for their first found of bloom nutes by weeks end!!
A9E3FDA3-B4D5-4856-8880-A2615DFBE63F.jpeg

Top cola on the Whte Widow 2 just growing splendidly!!!
09610574-2D05-4C1F-977E-11D418045931.jpeg

Excellent health amongst the girls no deficiencies and great wet:dry cycles for watering! After my AC tent temp is 79’F and my RH is sitting around 50%. I will try to start lowering RH as flowering progresses!!

Hey Dutchman, gonna pull up a chair for the grow. You sure have some beautiful plants. I love your enthusiasm as well as the sharing and easily understood narratives & pic's.

Hey there @60's Old Timer really glad you could pull up a seat! Thanks for joining me on my journey. I have been trying to detail all my write ups the best I can so everyone can be in my garden right along side me! I also can’t deny how photogenic these beautiful ladies are!! I must take pictures lol they call to me:slide::hug:
These girls are a huge joy to grow!

Any questions regarding anything along the way please join in and ask!! Don’t be shy !!

Just a few pictures from camera. Early Miss 2 got a feeding today. I will have a tent update later when I upload more photos from my phone! Was bored today so I shot a few with the camera. Will change lighting and lense zoom once the girls flowers start to glisten!!

A detailed update this evening and first bloom nutes tomorrow for the big girls !:drool::slide::yahoo:

Attachments

• DSC_0496.JPG
    DSC_0496.JPG
    516.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0497.JPG
    DSC_0497.JPG
    455.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0499.JPG
    DSC_0499.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0502.JPG
    DSC_0502.JPG
    473.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0503.JPG
    DSC_0503.JPG
    652.7 KB · Views: 44
Goood morning everyone! :roorrip:
Happy Friday ! :slide:

I didn’t get around to an update last night got busy with life but here is a small update from yesterday with some pics of the ladies!

EM2 got fed with 1.5L of feed water mixed with :
-2ml/L of voodoo juice
-2.5ml/L of veg nutes sensi Grow a+b AN
- 5ml/G CalMag

Three big girls WW1 / WW2 and EM1 are all getting their first round of flower nutes today!! Thirsty girls are screaming for flower nutes!!! I let them get a bit drier this feed to get them ready for their first bloom nute feeding!!

Still tucking and bending all the ladies to expose all cola sites as much as possible! Thick bushy girls going to make me some lovely flowers I hope !!

Here are just a few photos I’ll get more up later !
B366339A-587A-4163-9B21-766E3CB0BB01.jpegD0A4547E-99EF-4FE3-AE2A-E5D038252353.jpegE11ACCCA-26AA-461A-8410-A84A219A4C63.jpeg5ABBD351-DFB9-4142-B2AA-EE067ADEFE1C.jpegFC41752C-1FF9-4CD2-B9EF-127A06EBC736.jpeg9AF4CFA7-1EFB-48F2-8234-309D110F7102.jpegFB747A0C-38C7-4009-A364-AD5BA0425C86.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom