Yeah I got a nice little industrial grade fan that is all metal and blows a lot of air. It’s got 4 speeds and I keep it on full. It’s not that loud surprisingly. And for $40 CaD no tax it was a steal. The name is Wind Devil.
I use it to blow a lot of air on the drivers which cause more heat then the fans. I think I can keep that tent under 85 with any luck. Winter is here and ambient temps in the basement are dropping.

Thanks for the tips NOOB. One love :green_heart: :ganjamon:

i use carbon filters on the outside of my tents so no added heat from fans , give it a try with fans but 86 degree is the absolute temp max .
Based on?

I ran well above this. Even outdoors our temps here easily are breaking that by june 1.

What happens above 86 degrees, because my plants did not get that memo.

Hi Dutch! I've been following along with your quadline tutorial and have been enjoying it very much. I'm at the point where I believe I should be removing the bottom of a pair of shoots. Are the shoots I have circled the ones I'm looking for? and should I just pick one of the two when they grow out even like that?
two_shoots.jpg
two_shoots2.jpg

:thanks::love: :peace: :hookah:

Hi Dutch! I've been following along with your quadline tutorial and have been enjoying it very much. I'm at the point where I believe I should be removing the bottom of a pair of shoots. Are the shoots I have circled the ones I'm looking for? and should I just pick one of the two when they grow out even like that?
two_shoots.jpg
two_shoots2.jpg

I'm also curious about this as well Dutch. I see where the bottom shoot( provided they lay that way when the branch is pinned over) is to be cut. Why not have both shoots ? The one on the bottom will just wrap around the stem and grow right along with its opposite shoot wouldn't it? Or are you limiting shoots to try to increase size on just a certain/smaller number of shoots?

Very nice Journal and plants Dutch. Just got caught up.

Loving your setup aswell. I have a bunch of HLG lights and I think I will be turned over to Budget after seeing your grow! Also the Series 3 are out with the new diodes. Can’t wait for Full Spec on that light.

Could you describe the CO2 setup your using? You mentioned it was natural and I am using the Exhale bags in my tents.

I don’t have a Meter nor do I know how much they actually help. I do run my exhaust during flower after about week 4 til the end. I use 1 Exhale 365 bag in the 3x3. And 2 in a 5x5.

If there was a different method I could use rather than a tank and regulator I am interested to hear about it.

Also your 4x4 is a tent right ? Do you run it sealed up ?

My tents run zipped up 75% of the way leaving some opening during veg. After the smell comes around and buds have set I tend to zip them up and turn the carbon scrubber / exhaust on.

Thanks in advance for any help and thank you for sharing the grow with us it is very informative and helpful :Namaste:

Have a awesome Friday brotha!
Hey Wren, thanks a bunch pal!
I run a 4x4 exhausted setup. The CO2 I’m using is similar to the bags but in canister style from TNB.
two_shoots.jpg
two_shoots2.jpg

Hey Hutch,
Glad your following along and taking the quadline approach! Those 2 growth tips you would leave on it’s the one coming from the bottom of the branch when it’s tied down:
The ones your pointing to will grow up and join the canopy. The reason the bottom node is removed is to give a bit more space to the inner canopy as well as direct energy to the top nodes.

I'm also curious about this as well Dutch. I see where the bottom shoot( provided they lay that way when the branch is pinned over) is to be cut. Why not have both shoots ? The one on the bottom will just wrap around the stem and grow right along with its opposite shoot wouldn't it? Or are you limiting shoots to try to increase size on just a certain/smaller number of shoots?
It will wrap around and I have done it both ways. I tried leaving it the first time I tried quadline to limit how much I removed but found my inner structure to be crowded. Next quads I removed these growths and it created a nicer looking canopy with better airflow. The removal of these bottom nodes also directs energy from there to the above growth tips trying to reach the canopy top. The bottom nodes take a lot of energy trying to bend around and catch up from a further distance limiting its above node growths!

Update

Happy Saturday everyone! Another weekend is here and with that comes another update.

To start off today I’ve got a picture of the critical+2.0 Clone I took a few weeks ago to start a new mother with. She rooted strong is growing fast already!

CBD Blue Shark (x2)
Growing strong and healthy. I’ll be flipping them under this 120W once the IHG plants are moved out.

Then there is the InHouseGenetics ladies who are just crushing it!
Day-19
They have the thickest stalks I’ve seen on plants less than 3weeks old/above ground. They are stacking tight and have some healthy foliage growth thus far. Tomorrow they will begin their qaudline training with the topping and node removal! Really excited to get to work training these ladies and tighten my training up a bit more!

Tomorrow I’ve also got the task of defoliation in the 4x4 in prep for flowering. Im super excited to mention that I plan to flip next weekend so I’ll be stripping them all pretty good tomorrow and then giving them the week to recover before flower begins. I’ll be sure to include some before/during/after pictures as well! Here’s the ladies today during feeding. Auto watering system gets installed in 2 weeks which I’m really excited for.

Hope your all enjoying the weekend!

The plants in the 4x4 are so lush and thick looking forward to the before and after pics of the defoilation. Do you defoil again on day 21 of flower?

The In house plants look great definitely a breeder I will have to look into once I get through my seed backlog.

Hey Hutch,
Glad your following along and taking the quadline approach! Those 2 growth tips you would leave on it’s the one coming from the bottom of the branch when it’s tied down:
The ones your pointing to will grow up and join the canopy. The reason the bottom node is removed is to give a bit more space to the inner canopy as well as direct energy to the top nodes.
Thanks so much! Glad I asked instead of just going ahead to remove one of those shoots!

That run of IHG will be absolute fire, can’t wait to see how they frost up.
I know I’m super excited! I’ve been looking forward to them! Really eager to see how these gorillas do this round to

The plants in the 4x4 are so lush and thick looking forward to the before and after pics of the defoilation. Do you defoil again on day 21 of flower?

The In house plants look great definitely a breeder I will have to look into once I get through my seed backlog.
Last time I did a week before and again on day 21 but I’m going to be trying a slightly different approach this time. I’m planning to hit them first on day 14 and again on day 21 then possibly once more on day 42-45. This depends on how much they fill out during the duration!

Lookin real, good brother! :thumb::cheer:
Thanks Backlip!

Thanks so much! Glad I asked instead of just going ahead to remove one of those shoots!
Me to Hutch and that’s what this journal is here for! Ask questions and let’s learn together. I’m looking forward to your plants developing into big strong quads!

Hey Dutch lookin GRAND as usual! My first thought when I look at your quadlines, "Myyyy, What tremendous Biceps you have!" Platinum Punch? Yes Please!!!!
Thanks Agemon! These girls have taken the training really well and are strutting their stuff! Can’t wait for some colas to start building!

Hi Dutch! Total jungle of healthy looking plants you have here :D :yummy:

:thumb: :popcorn:
Thank you Amy! Really pleased with how they are doing so far and I’m super excited for the IHG run as well!

Update

Hey everyone! I’ve got a quick update this morning to just go over the defoliation of the 4x4 yesterday. I unfortunately didn’t have time to touch the IHG plants yet but I’ll be transplanting today and training this week. I’ll be sure to get some pictures!

So as for the defoliation... I didn't remove as much this time around. I just removed any fan leaves blocking potential budsites. My big defoliation will be in the 2nd and 3rd week of 12/12 where I’ll be removing lower nodes that didn’t make the canopy as well as blocking fan leaves at that time.

Let’s start with a before/after shot of the defoliation and then there is some more pictures to follow! Enjoy!

This is the pile of fan leaves removed this round. Not a huge amount just enough to open the canopy up to more lighting and

Hope you all have a great start to your week and I’ll see you later on!
Stay Medicated

Back
Top Bottom