Wow love the even canopy. They look amazing. Keep up the solid work.

The lighting is doing its thing with the deep canopy penetration but your growing skill is what is really shining here! I am glad the girls are loving the lighting. It is really hard to beat Samsung diodes. The quality and performance is top notch.

:thumb: :yahoo: Beautiful Dutch , impressive scrog set up , impressive pictures, impressive canopy,:woohoo:
Thanks Dynamo! It’s been fun training with these girls and I’m really excited to see them perform in flower!

Wow they look Great :popcorn:
Thanks PC! I’m really happy with how they are doing
:yummy:

Wow love the even canopy. They look amazing. Keep up the solid work.

The lighting is doing its thing with the deep canopy penetration but your growing skill is what is really shining here! I am glad the girls are loving the lighting. It is really hard to beat Samsung diodes. The quality and performance is top notch.
Thanks brother! The lighting is definitely a massive improvement from my previous setup and I’m really noticing a difference with these Samsung diodes! They have great penetration and the stronger plant growth is definitely noticeable! I’m more than excited to see how this big 500W beauty performs in flower! This weekend is the big flip so soon we will see!

Beautiful work over here Dutch! Nice Quadlining and High Brix achieved. :bravo:

I tried QuadLine on one of my current tents. I should have done more research lol. Of four plants. I was lazy first off and didn’t really quad them right. Except 1.

That 1 that was Quaded right I got lazy a couple weeks after and forgot to tie down the tops as much as I should have. Also was clumsy and broke a inner node. Now this plant is too wide for the tent lol. All good it was a learnomg experience. I made a mess of Quad’n and should have taken it more seriously.

So glad your doing this GJ so I can see how to do it properly from start to finish!

Rock on Brotha Dutch!:theband::headbanger:

Looking great Dutch!
Thanks Otter!

Beautiful work over here Dutch! Nice Quadlining and High Brix achieved. :bravo:

I tried QuadLine on one of my current tents. I should have done more research lol. Of four plants. I was lazy first off and didn’t really quad them right. Except 1.

That 1 that was Quaded right I got lazy a couple weeks after and forgot to tie down the tops as much as I should have. Also was clumsy and broke a inner node. Now this plant is too wide for the tent lol. All good it was a learnomg experience. I made a mess of Quad’n and should have taken it more seriously.

So glad your doing this GJ so I can see how to do it properly from start to finish!

Rock on Brotha Dutch!:theband::headbanger:
Hey Wren! Glad your enjoying the journal so far and are liking the qaudline training! If you have any questions be sure to ask! I’ve just started my IHG ladies on their qaudline journey which is going to be another round of heavy training! Pictures in tonight’s update

Update

Howdy friends!
I hope your all well and enjoying the week so far. Got a few things to go over today including transplanting and training of the IHG girls and some pictures from the 4x4 as I get closer to the flip this weekend!

So to start things off here this evening the IHG girls got transplanted on Monday. I got some pictures of them during the transplant to show some rootballs. They all looked a little droopy at the transplant because they were a bit dry but by Tuesday morning they were perky and looking good.

So I gave them until today and decided to start their quadline training! Topped and stripped the lower node.

Their training has officially begun and I’m looking forward to seeing how they take it and look tomorrow! I’m excited to train these ladies hard and see what they can do!

Then moving over to the 4x4. I’m loving the canopy these ladies are forming and the first growth tip emerged through the trellis today! Purple Punch #2 is the leader but a few other ladies are right behind. Flip day this Saturday and I’ll be installing the Auto Watering system then as well! Once these ladies break through the trellis I won’t be moving them anymore for watering so it’s the perfect time! Last pictures until Flip Day-1

I hope you all have a fantastic rest of your evening and I’m looking forward to the weekend flip party!

Stay Medicated my friends!

Update

Howdy friends!
I hope your all well and enjoying the week so far. Got a few things to go over today including transplanting and training of the IHG girls and some pictures from the 4x4 as I get closer to the flip this weekend!

So to start things off here this evening the IHG girls got transplanted on Monday. I got some pictures of them during the transplant to show some rootballs. They all looked a little droopy at the transplant because they were a bit dry but by Tuesday morning they were perky and looking good.

So I gave them until today and decided to start their quadline training! Topped and stripped the lower node.

Their training has officially begun and I’m looking forward to seeing how they take it and look tomorrow! I’m excited to train these ladies hard and see what they can do!

Then moving over to the 4x4. I’m loving the canopy these ladies are forming and the first growth tip emerged through the trellis today! Purple Punch #2 is the leader but a few other ladies are right behind. Flip day this Saturday and I’ll be installing the Auto Watering system then as well! Once these ladies break through the trellis I won’t be moving them anymore for watering so it’s the perfect time! Last pictures until Flip Day-1

I hope you all have a fantastic rest of your evening and I’m looking forward to the weekend flip party!

Flawless!
:high-five:

Update

Howdy friends!

No wasted photons in the 4 x 4!

Based on?

I ran well above this. Even outdoors our temps here easily are breaking that by june 1.
Wow where do i begin 86 degree was based on a average grower , not someone who has 100 grows under their belt , and at that temp the plants are drinking like crazy to keep up with transpiration so you had better make sure you have your ppm and ph perfect of your water or you create problems ,above 86 degrees you start to deteriorate the thc on the upper flower buds , and yes some plants will take higher temps (sativa dominate )and as for a outside grow with higher temps well think about it , there is no way outside the ppm of co2 are 1000- 1500 ppm there is more wind ,breezes and air flow and if they are 1500 ppm it is now on the verge of being toxic to humans so get yourself a respirator mask , you wont get the air flow in a tent in a house like mother nature provides outside , we we stating high temps plus high co2 numbers , and outside grown bud usually tends to be a little more airy (not as dense )as a inside grow .your plants didnt need the memo as mother nature got it millions of years ago and provided for these plants just what they needed a perfect atmosphere, not 1500 ppm of co2 we are pushing our plants to the limit , besides why would you want to push your plants much above this , is the yield that much better to take the chance of hurting your plant , i think not .fantastic job dutch on this grow and journal !!!
What happens above 86 degrees, because my plants did not get that memo.

Thanks Dutch your journal should give me all the info I require to Quad properly next time. Basically just got lazy at a bad time.

IHG gang Looking sweet. Not bad in the 4x4 either! Have a good day all! Can’t wait to see the auto watering system next week.

Wow where do i begin 86 degree was based on a average grower , not someone who has 100 grows under their belt , and at that temp the plants are drinking like crazy to keep up with transpiration so you had better make sure you have your ppm and ph perfect of your water or you create problems ,above 86 degrees you start to deteriorate the thc on the upper flower buds , and yes some plants will take higher temps (sativa dominate )and as for a outside grow with higher temps well think about it , there is no way outside the ppm of co2 are 1000- 1500 ppm there is more wind ,breezes and air flow and if they are 1500 ppm it is now on the verge of being toxic to humans so get yourself a respirator mask , you wont get the air flow in a tent in a house like mother nature provides outside , we we stating high temps plus high co2 numbers , and outside grown bud usually tends to be a little more airy (not as dense )as a inside grow .your plants didnt need the memo as mother nature got it millions of years ago and provided for these plants just what they needed a perfect atmosphere, not 1500 ppm of co2 we are pushing our plants to the limit , besides why would you want to push your plants much above this , is the yield that much better to take the chance of hurting your plant , i think not .fantastic job dutch on this grow and journal !!!

Oh, ok, so there are exceptions to 86 degrees. And there seems to be quite a few. Did not realize that in your first post.

I had always read that plants in a tent with added CO2, the temps and nutrients should be elevated above standard as well. I don't think of 86º as being elevated, as my plants live outside all summer above those temps.

above 86 degrees you start to deteriorate the thc on the upper flower buds
Is the damage to upper buds from the temperature or the distance to the lights? The sun is 93 million miles away no matter where on the plant you measure from.

From Leafly:
"Additionally, when using CO2 your plants can handle a higher average temperature – around 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit."
From growweedeasy:
"temperatures between 85°F (30°C) and 95°F (35°C) in my grow area"

There are others, but they seem to state that 85º is the floor temp for added CO2 rather than the ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom