It’s a manifold with a flow valve attached. They have 3/4” and 1” pipe sizes, threaded or slip connections, and tee or elbow fittings.

They also make an anti siphon valve, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. I tried adding one and yes, it worked. However it splashes a little water when the pump kicks on and it closes.
Thanks, good website, not what i am looking for in a nozzle, Nutes look good. Cheers

Thanks, good website, not what i am looking for in a nozzle, Nutes look good. Cheers

They’re nicely designed, and if you’re looking for something like this, they’re excellent.

It’s what you run your drip lines from and out to the drip plates, and for that they’re great. If you’re having issues gettin in and watering, this kind of setup is great for that. I’ve used it with promix and drain to waste, and it was great. I premixed feed water, and then ran a pump in the res manually when it was time to water. In between waterings a small circulation pump ran a few times a day to keep it mixed up.

I run the plates and such still, but went to straight perlite in recirculating Dutch buckets. Everything is on a timer now to circulate through the buckets every 6 hours. Super easy watering. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I would like a small pump attached to a 2 or 3 foot long watering wand that can be switched on and off at the handle. Still looking have not figured it out yet, will get there. I agree with you on ease of watering with your system but not ready to make that big a switch yet, I am pennywise. Lol

You could always piece it together a little at a time. You’ll have it setup before long. I do that a lot, and it helps balance out expenses over time.

Although really it isn’t too much compared to a lot of things to set up. For four plants, starting from scratch, you can be dripping for around $100 if you shop around. A dozen trays and drip rings ran me around $40 or $45, the drip line was $15 for a big roll (I also use it elsewhere), the drip manifold assembly was $18 (3/4” elbow, slip fitting), the pvc pipe and fittings were about $20 (local big box home store), the pump was $20, $7 for bulkhead fittings (mine are above water line so I used uniseals), and the tote for the res was $10 (lowes, 27gal commander tote.)

If you wanted to water on your own time, without connecting pipe, it could be a hair cheaper even. You could use a hose instead of pvc, with a 3/4” threaded connection on the manifold instead of a slip, and a 3/4” thread to 1/2” barb fitting.

Then take off the res lid, drop the pump in and plug it in. Wait a few minutes, turn it off, close it back up for next time.

Doesn’t save much though, and is a little more hassle. Although either way you need to be mindful of runoff. (That was one reason I switched to recirculating Dutch buckets.)

:ciao: :popcorn:

Hey Dutchman - that funky little grow cupboard you built last August (the one that your 2x2 and Press were/are sitting on), what are its internal dimensions? I’m finally at the stage were i can get something similar happening and trying to finalise my design so am curious what your dimensions are and if it’s working out ok for you :Namaste:

Hello Dutchman1990, the watering nozzle in the picture, is this a flow control. battery operated pump in the nozzle with a roll of tubing that can be cut and fitted to a plastic container to ease watering.? Been looking for something like this to fit to a plastic garbage can to ease my watering. Cheers
As @multiVortex mentioned it’s just a Manifold! I will be replacing it with new floralfex ones this round!

I’ve looked at floraflex but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
They are definitely above the game when it comes to irrigation and flow systems

It’s a manifold with a flow valve attached. They have 3/4” and 1” pipe sizes, threaded or slip connections, and tee or elbow fittings.

They also make an anti siphon valve, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. I tried adding one and yes, it worked. However it splashes a little water when the pump kicks on and it closes.
Thanks multi!

Hello Dutchman! Ill be joining you for this one. Looks like fun. I'm Fred and it's nice to meet you. :ciao: :passitleft:
hey Fred! Glad to have you along buddy!

:ciao: :popcorn:

Hey Dutchman - that funky little grow cupboard you built last August (the one that your 2x2 and Press were/are sitting on), what are its internal dimensions? I’m finally at the stage were i can get something similar happening and trying to finalise my design so am curious what your dimensions are and if it’s working out ok for you :Namaste:
Hey Amy! I love my little grow box! It’s perfect for my clones and seedlings and can hold quite a bit! I’ll get you the exact dimensions this evening!

I have to laugh at myself! :laughtwo: because I made this temporary clone/sprout box, fully intended
to be temporary, certainly looks temporary, "sure I'll be taking it down dear, it's temporary!" The problem is that there are clones in there. It's like they are replicating themselves or something. Stay safe and stay stoned. :passitleft:
20200630_140450.jpg

Hey Amy! I love my little grow box! It’s perfect for my clones and seedlings and can hold quite a bit! I’ll get you the exact dimensions this evening!
Hi again - and thanks Dutch! I had some time this morning and it was on my mind so I went back and found your original build post. :D Bewdy! I think mine needs to be just a little smaller (I’m thinking 2’ x 1.5’) and based on seeing yours in action I think that will do me fine.

How are you finding the height and vertical space. Even feel you want more - or could have had less?

And are you still running that lovely little Budget LED panel in there? And, last question, what wattage do you run it at (from the wall)? Oh and, bonus question :cheesygrinsmiley:, do you clone in it or just keep your established clones in it?

I have to laugh at myself! :laughtwo: because I made this temporary clone/sprout box, fully intended
to be temporary, certainly looks temporary, "sure I'll be taking it down dear, it's temporary!" The problem is that there are clones in there. It's like they are replicating themselves or something. Stay safe and stay stoned. :passitleft:
20200630_140450.jpg
Nice owl.

Hi again - and thanks Dutch! I had some time this morning and it was on my mind so I went back and found your original build post. :D Bewdy! I think mine needs to be just a little smaller (I’m thinking 2’ x 1.5’) and based on seeing yours in action I think that will do me fine.

How are you finding the height and vertical space. Even feel you want more - or could have had less?

And are you still running that lovely little Budget LED panel in there? And, last question, what wattage do you run it at (from the wall)? Oh and, bonus question :cheesygrinsmiley:, do you clone in it or just keep your established clones in it?
Hey Amy! Glad you found the build you needed and I actually clone/pop seeds right in the box! I had the 120W budget LED in there but it was to powerful so Justin sent me out a 65W which I have been using in there for a while with great results! I don’t need more height but if you wanted to extend clone growth you could add another 8-12” to the build! I made mine that height specifically to hold my dab press and make it easy for using haha!

Morning Dutch. Lots going on here... AGAIN! Keep up the great work brother!
Thanks Sauga! Garden is booming and it’s looking great!

120W budget LED in there but it was to powerful so Justin sent me out a 65W which I have been using in there for a while with great results! I don’t need more height but if you wanted to extend clone growth you could add another 8-12” to the build!
:thanks: That’s awesome information about the light. I can turn the fixture I have (a Viparspectra prize :) ) down as low as 8w draw from the wall so I’m sure to find a sweet spot with that. And thanks for mentioning the advantages/disadvantages about the height. My model is going to be a desktop version so I certainly can, and will, consider adapting dimensions upwards
:thumb:

Do you screen the light from the clones at all, beyond using the humidity domes?

Good question. It's been too long. Come back, Dutchie!! Love your journal! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom