Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

Hiya Dutch!
I see you've been keeping yourself real busy. Waiting for tomorrow's big update over here. Only one more sleep. :party:
Busy is a bit of an understatement lol! Update day so get your blunts ready!!

What is this of which you speak? Waiting for the info on keeping mothers small...
I’ll post some details on mother keeping in today’s update!

Another great update at the Dutch household, all your plants are looking fine and very healthy
Thanks Tomuk! Things are going great this round and I’m pretty happy with it all! Next round will be even better I promise!

I’ll looking for a tutorial and post. Basically you take the plant out of the pot and cut the roots back by half then replant. You end up with a short but very thick plant that’s perfect for producing new cuttings.
Correct!! Keeping a short plant and cutting back regularly will help build a strong base to use as a mother. Root cutting isn’t done until later on but is definitely a helpful trick when maintaining a bonsai mom!

Hey Dutch! Gardens looking tip top still. What size pots will you be keeping your mothers in? I agree with Penny, you should bonsai them! Allow the pots to dry, get a saw, chop off all the soil with 4 clean cuts leaving you with a cube that is about twice the size of the main root stump. Then simply replant and there you go. You can keep plants in 500ml pots for years provided you don't let them get root bound. Hope you're keeping well brother!
Thanks Prof!! I’ll be keeping my mothers in these 1Gal pots from here on out! After the topping it’s just a matter of taking cuttings every 10-14 days to maintain its short figure and to push auxins all over the plant. Root pruning is great once the mother plant has been in her permanent home for 6+months!

I’ll looking for a tutorial and post. Basically you take the plant out of the pot and cut the roots back by half then replant. You end up with a short but very thick plant that’s perfect for producing new cuttings.
Hey Dutch! Gardens looking tip top still. What size pots will you be keeping your mothers in? I agree with Penny, you should bonsai them! Allow the pots to dry, get a saw, chop off all the soil with 4 clean cuts leaving you with a cube that is about twice the size of the main root stump. Then simply replant and there you go. You can keep plants in 500ml pots for years provided you don't let them get root bound. Hope you're keeping well brother!
Thanks guys! Should I prune the plant to size before or after I root cut and transplant?
Update day so get your blunts ready!!
I thought every day was update day! Or apologize-for-the-lack-of-update day :hmmmm:

Thanks guys! Should I prune the plant to size before or after I root cut and transplant?

I thought every day was update day! Or apologize-for-the-lack-of-update day :hmmmm:
I don't think that it matters too much. It'd probably be easier to do the transplant with a smaller plant though. Also the plant would be less top heavy so maybe that'd be of benefit

Both! So you trim back the plant to just the top growth tips leaving 1-2 nodes on each branch. As long as there is growth it will maintain siphoning nutrients up the stalk keeping it alive.

At this time pull plant out and cut off 3/4” from all sides and bottom. Replant into same container with new soil and feed lightly. Using a composite mix is good as well since it has a time release nute mix!

Video Update for the MarsHydro 3x3
Hey Dutch! Nice video! I'm loving the look of the Pink Kush :yummy:
Nice maintenance work on the mothers - i think i saw a thread @Mr. Krip put together on maintaining bonsai mothers over a long period of time but i'll check my bookmarks and send the link if i find it.
Loving your work brother keep doing what you're doing :high-five:

Hey Dutch! Nice video! I'm loving the look of the Pink Kush :yummy:
Nice maintenance work on the mothers - i think i saw a thread @Mr. Krip put together on maintaining bonsai mothers over a long period of time but i'll check my bookmarks and send the link if i find it.
Loving your work brother keep doing what you're doing :high-five:

This one! Thanks @Mr. Krip
Bonsai Mom Tutorial

That's the one! Packed with loads of useful info.

Update
Aug 9
Day - 98 / Flower Day - 49

Pheno Hunt Group 2

Day - 98 / Flower Day - 13

What’s going on everyone! A happy Friday to you all and a big weekend update is here!

First let’s start off with some clone action! With the second group of ladies in the Pheno Hunt now in flower I’m happy to see all the clones are looking great and starting to grow bigger every day! The one Canuk clone looks better and is pushing out new growth! Wedding Cake 1 is growing like crazy already and the last CBD cutting showed some roots!

Now the first round of “mother” clones are doing great. These have all now been growing strong for a while and I’ve started the Bonsai technique on them! I’ve got some nice knuckles formed on some super cropped branches! New growth is glistening after they all got topped yesterday and things are looking good! My 2x2 Mother tent currently is jam packed so basically no different than any of my tents lol! Here’s my critical mom and the potential new mothers.

Next up is the 3x3! I know it’s early but I’ve noticed little to no stretch from these ladies. I’m putting that on the maturity and the Indica dominant genes here as well as these SP-150! I’ve noticed from the start these lights have kept squat plants with dense foliage and tight nodal spacing. I’m glad I didn’t get to much stretch because I really didnt need them to! I had to do some defoliation and even though it’s only the second week since being flipped I felt it was time! These ladies will be left alone to work their magic now and I will just continue to feed and keep them happy! Until around Day45 when I’ll hit them again with another round of defoliation for the final time!

Temporary break!!
I took Cali for a nice walk today! We had some fun wandering the neighbourhood and taking an adventure!

Now she’s all tuckered our and relaxin!

Then I went back to it and started looking around in the 4x4! Man if I could give you smell-o-vision I would love to. Wedding Cake has a very sweet and citrusy scent coming from her the BadAzz kush ladies all smell different but definitely have a very kushy undertone with a sour fruit of some sort and cookies well she’s a sweet, sour mashup of vanilla and a spiced hint of some kind! I’m extremely excited to sample these ladies when they are ripe and ready!

Criticals will be harvested Sunday or possibly tomorrow?? Lol they are flopping all over the place and have some serious looking colas with some beautiful colours! Just fading out these ladies haven’t looked back since they started flowering! Another great round with these girls and with me figuring out MegaCrop this time my next round should be even better! Here’s the big flowering ladies on Day-49 since flip!!

Now I’ve taken enough of your Friday go have some fun be safe and stay medicated!

One Love from the Dutch house!

Looks like you got loads of work done in there Dutch. Your plants are so healthy! :slide:

Happy dog, happy plants. All is well! Good job.
Thanks Bard!! Cheers pal!

Looks like you got loads of work done in there Dutch. Your plants are so healthy! :slide:
Yea took me about 2hrs but I’m happy with how they all look now and they are ready for flower! The 3rd SP150 should really Juice this tent up in a weeks time when I turn it on! (Maybe sooner!)

Haha hope your well Irie!

Wow to be honest I thought all 3 SP150’s were already running in there. It’s gonna be so bright!
I’m all good thanks brother, chilling enjoying some cheese :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom