Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

Bud washing is done a few different ways, but it's basically dunking and swirling your branches after harvest in water to wash off any dust, bugs, hair, and sprays you might have used during the grow.

Some folks use hydrogen peroxide and water in one bucket and plain water in another (or just a gentle rinse with a hose if you do it outside) and some use a wash of lemon juice and baking soda and a rinse.

Whatever you do, there are two things to remember. First is don't bump the sides of the bucket or you damage your trichomes, and second is don't use anything hotter than warm water. Not "hot as comes out of your water heater" as some posts recommend. It's not necessary to getting your buds clean.

After the wash and rinse, hang them to drip dry (I put a big fan on mine to drive out the water quickly), and then either hang where you normally or trim first and then hang.

Ratios vary but I use either 1:3 or 1:2 H2O2 to water. Others will tell you what their lemon juice/baking soda ratios are.

Oh, and some wash then trim, others trim first. I wash, drip dry, trim, and then hang for the long term dry.

And that's bud washing!

Thanks @InTheShed, thats not something I've ever heard of before.
It's gotten pretty common here. It's amazing what can come off a plant, even one grown in a tent. Outdoors...watch out!

full

Ditto here what Shed said. I actually find that trimming is easier (less sticky) if you trim wet. I let them hang dry for about 15 minutes and then start trimming away. If you want more info you can check out this thread: Bud Washing

Dutch, congratulations to you both! I hope you are as happy together as my wife and me (34 yrs come June). :circle-of-love:

Ditto here what Shed said. I actually find that trimming is easier (less sticky) if you trim wet. I let them hang dry for about 15 minutes and then start trimming away. If you want more info you can check out this thread: Bud Washing
Oh man, I’ve been waiting 3-4 hours before I started trimming! :eek: I’m going to try it soon after wash now!

I found that the sugar leaves are more "perky" in the first hour of wash, and easier to trim. After a couple hours, they start to wilt a bit. The longer you wait the more they wilt. Of course this was in 85F outside temps. Might be different for other locations.

Feel free to ask away. I'll probably start up my next journal in a week or two once life around here settles down a bit.

Alright, don't rub it in ;)
Oh yes my apologies.. Jamaica ugh what more can I say :thumb::love:

Yeah, all the Professor gets to look at today is goat videos!
Haha I’m gazing out over the ocean smoking a big ol’ Marley canon!

The start of a new great life. Enjoy my friend.
Thanks Derby!

Wow 55 pages of awsome! Just read through the entire thing and as a complete newb to growing will most deffinately be using this journal as a referance for my own grow(s)
Congrats on the upcoming wedding and also for the well deserved JOTM from Edmonton Alberta.

Now I do have one question (one for now lol)
When you did your harvesting you said that you trimmed then "washed" how do you "wash" buds?
Thanks again for all the excellent content.
Have a knife day
StaySharp
Hey @Knifemaker420 im glad your finding some helpful information through this journal! Can’t wait to stop by and check your grow out when I’m back to reality haha! I’m glad Shed got your question answered as well!

Bud washing is done a few different ways, but it's basically dunking and swirling your branches after harvest in water to wash off any dust, bugs, hair, and sprays you might have used during the grow.

Some folks use hydrogen peroxide and water in one bucket and plain water in another (or just a gentle rinse with a hose if you do it outside) and some use a wash of lemon juice and baking soda and a rinse.

Whatever you do, there are two things to remember. First is don't bump the sides of the bucket or you damage your trichomes, and second is don't use anything hotter than warm water. Not "hot as comes out of your water heater" as some posts recommend. It's not necessary to getting your buds clean.

After the wash and rinse, hang them to drip dry (I put a big fan on mine to drive out the water quickly), and then either hang where you normally or trim first and then hang.

Ratios vary but I use either 1:3 or 1:2 H2O2 to water. Others will tell you what their lemon juice/baking soda ratios are.

Oh, and some wash then trim, others trim first. I wash, drip dry, trim, and then hang for the long term dry.

And that's bud washing!
Thanks Shed! I knew I could count on you!

How can I get a mulligan?
I don’t think you want one? Lol

Dutch, congratulations to you both! I hope you are as happy together as my wife and me (34 yrs come June). :circle-of-love:
Wow Beez!! That’s incredible and I can’t wait to look back in 30+years on these memories we are making! Absolutely fantastic and I wouldn’t change anything!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone and as of
Saturday April 13/2019 @4:15pm Dutch and Mrs.Dutch made it official!

The happiest day of my life and such an incredible experience! I can’t wait to start enjoying the honeymoon tomorrow as everyone in our group is leaving!

I’ve got some sweet stories and some fantastic pictures to share with you all once I’m home!

I hope your all well and I love you all!

Stay Blessed!

Stay Medicated!

Back
Top Bottom