Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

34D47AB5-6B18-42CD-8DE8-63BFB4906696.jpeg

Hello my 420 friends..... New, old and soon to be! I am greatful to have you all here with me learning, growing, and experiencing this amazing plant together!

It has come time to start a new Journal and this is going to be the start of a well documented future of growing with the Dutchman! As my first journal is coming to a close I felt the need to improve my growing and documentation of my grow. I have learned an incredible amount with my first grow and it has been an amazing feeling expanding my knowledge and putting to use what I have learned.

This new journal will be a very in depth learning journal for myself and all who join in! I encourage any thoughts, questions and comments regarding anything you may see in this journal. We can learn and grow better together! I will be posting on the regular through the weeks with details and information regarding everything about the grow and information I have picked up on. Most of the knowledge I have recently learned will be implemented in this upcoming grow. This journal will take us into the future of my growing with a perpetual start next year after my wedding.

So without making this intro to long and drawn out lets get into the details of this grow!

What Strain is it:
Pineapple Express Auto - Barneys Farm (x2)
Crystal Candy Auto - Sweetseeds (x2)
Critical+2.0 - Dinafem (x2 clones)

Is it Indica, Sativa, Hybrid:
Pineapple Express: Indica dominant hybrid ~20% THC
Crystal Candy: Indica dominant hybrid ~17-19% THC
Critical+2.0: 70%/30% Indica dominant hybrid ~20% THC

Veg Period:
Pineapple Exress: Day 2 seedling stage
Crystal Candy: Day 2 seedling stage
Critical+2.0: Day 24 veg since being cut from mother plant

Indoor:
2 Tents - Small(2x2x4) Large(4x4x7)

Medium:
Promix HP no additives

Pot size:
3Gal Fabric for autoflowers
1Gal currently for Critical+2.0 will be moved to 5Gal next and flowered in 5Gal or 7Gal depending on growth through veg

Lighting:
(1x) 600W HPS / (2x) 450W LED

Exhaust:
6" Canfan s600 with carbon filter
Intake: 4" Canfan s400 on speed controller / Passive intakes

Temp: Fully Controlled to optimize VPD
RH: Fully Controlled to optimize VPD
PH of medium: 5.8-6.3 for best nutrient uptake range

Pests: None to date. Keeping it clean!
Watering: As needed per plant

Training:
1x of each autoflower (PE and CC) will be getting trained with a "QUADLINE"
1x of each autoflower (PE and CC) will be getting trained with LST, bending and tying down
2x Critical+2.0 will be getting trained with "QUADLINE" to be able to experiment with a photoperiod as well

Breakdown of the beginning.

Dec.5
2x Pineapple Express Auto seeds
2x Crystal Candy Auto seeds

- Dropped into water at 12noon

Dec.6
All 4x seeds have sunk after 18hrs in the water. Poured water out into papertowel and covered seeds. Then placed the seeds in a container in the cupboard.

Dec.7
All seeds have exposed tap roots but I unfortunately was waiting for my 3Gal fabric pots.... on order....

Dec.8
All seeds have 1" long taproot except Pineapple Express auto #2. It still was a bit small but still exposed and growing. After still not getting my fabric pots in I had to choose my next option. Jiffy Peats! With them all having a big taproot it was a bit tricky to plant them all in the jiffys but I managed to get them all tucked in and covered up! Before placing them into the Jiffys I sliced and removed the bottom mesh to allow the taproot out.

Within 12hrs CC1/CC2/PE1 had all popped above the soil and started their reach for the light. PE2 was still covered.

Dec.9
CC1 / CC2 / PE1 all showing "cotyledon" the next morning.
FABRIC POTS ARRIVED! All the little ones got trasnplanted into their new and final homes - 3Gal fabric pots
When transplanting the Jiffys I removed the mesh around them before transplanting. This is to allow for roots to easily push out. I have seen and heard from other members here about the mesh causing problems so lets remove that part of the equation!

Dec.10
No update. Moving steady. PE2 still burried.

Dec.11
CC1 / CC2 / PE1 all showing the start of their second true leaves. PE2 has popped above the soil this morning but had her helmet on. So I sprayed her with distilled water in my mister and waited 20minutes. Returned to the tent and sprayed again and as I was spraying the second time her helmet fell off but left the inner membrane still holding the cotyledons together. I waited an hour to see if there was any movement. After returning and taking a closer look I figured I needed to perform emergency surgery to save her! So with my sterile razor and tweezers I managed to lightly slice the membrane off and gently spread the tips of the cotyledon. I then left her alone to hopefully show me she wants to live!

Dec.12
PE2 opened up over night and exposed her first set of true leaves. To my surprise she rebounded and looks great other than the minor damage on the cotyledon from where the membrane was attached.
CC1 / CC2 / PE1 are all looking dry enough for a watering after their initial transplant water. I decided to introduce some beneficial root zone booster to encourage these girls to stretch their legs. In 1L of water I mixed 1mL of Voodoo Juice. Each baby got 250mL of water lightly circling around the base about 1-2" away from the seedling.

With all seedlings showing their second set of leaves coming through I am calling today - Day 1

Dec.13
No Updates. Good growth.

Dec.14
All the seedlings have begun to get bigger and are looking strong! Monitoring the growth on these little ones over the next week to help choose which 2 are the strongest for training with the "quadline"

I want the strongest 2 auto seedlings for the quadline and the slower 2 of the autos will be getting the LST and tying down. Now speaking of the quadline.... I want to give credit to Asesino85 for the training method I am taking on. After viewing his journal and many others I have been wanting to join the #Quadsquad revolution and I thought what better way than to compare it with autos and photoperiods in the same journal!

My Critical+2.0 girls got their first round of cutting today. Since being cut on Nov.20 these girls have exploded with growth and are beautiful little plants and I cant wait to see what they hold for the future! With the vigor and growth on these girls I wanted them to be well rooted and strong before attempting any training. Today is day 24 for them and after seeing them grow more than 6" in the past week it was time for them to start their journey into "quadlines"

I have tried to detail the knowledge I currently have of "quadline" and with the help of many friends here I intend to grow some lovely examples and master the art of the #Quadsquad

Lets start off with the Critical+2.0 girls before their makeover.

After deciding which nodes I wanted to form my "X" I began to remove the lower nodes and top the upper portion.

During the process.

The end result and beginning of the "Quadline"

This process was repeated for the other Critical+2.0 so now we have them both on the right path! These girls should rebound in a day or 2 I am guessing seeing how strong they have been so far with their growth.

I know this has been a long intro and I appreciate you joining along here with me as I enter my next stage in growing!:passitleft:

I want to send a special thanks to :420:for making this community possible.

Please stay tuned as the next segment is coming right up!

Awesome intro bro, you know im in for the ride. I cant wait to see what you do with these autos. You guys have turned me into a believer, and are the reason I uprgraded the veg area to flower autos. I havent tried any training on one yet so this journal came just in time for me.
:passitleft:

Awesome intro bro, you know im in for the ride. I cant wait to see what you do with these autos. You guys have turned me into a believer, and are the reason I uprgraded the veg area to flower autos. I havent tried any training on one yet so this journal came just in time for me.

First one in and welcome my friend! I’m excited to have you!

Let’s smoke this !:passitleft:

Off with their heads, he decapitates the ladies and watches their tops hit the floor. But wait, there is more, the ladies will grow two more... stay tuned till next update... hahahahaha

Thanks for the invitation brother, I love your stroke font, it's so clear to read. and your details are so easy to read. :)

Off to a good start Dutch!
Thanks Penny and welcome aboard!

Off with their heads, he decapitates the ladies and watches their tops hit the floor. But wait, there is more, the ladies will grow two more... stay tuned till next update... hahahahaha

Thanks for the invitation brother, I love your stroke font, it's so clear to read. and your details are so easy to read. :)
Hey LG2! I’m glad you could make it! It wouldn’t be the same without you!

Nice intro Dutch... you should have no problems anymore, now it's perfecting your style.

That’s the plan! I hope to showcase a few things with this grow and find my perfect zones for feeding/environmental and training.

Nice intro Dutch, I'm subbed in early on this one :ganjamon:

What’s up stirstick! Welcome to the new journal and I’m glad your able to hang out!

WELCOME EVERYONE!

I’m here buddy! Very good introduction and it was well organized and fun to read. Also a comparison grow so excited to see the results from that in the end. Good luck and you are off to a great start Dutch!

Hey Ase and thanks a bunch for joining in! I would really appreciate any input you have throughout about the quadline! I have read and learned so much from yours and many others in the #quadsquad that I am eager to get mine going and master the art of the “Quads”

Welcome my friend !:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom