Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!

Hiya Dutchman1990,

First of all, may I call you Dutchie? All Righty then. I just finished reading through your journal. Exceptional documentation! I'm a sucker for great documentation. It shows your enjoying the experience, and pay attention to details! I'll second Homers sentiment about your journal. It's very informative. I especially like how clear and concise your tutorials are. The best yet.

Oh, I love the work with the quadline on the 2 Critical ladies. A fun project, and a chance to learn. I have learned a good bit from reading through your journal! Thank you.

I have a question - Why choose nodes 3 and 4 to use for branches instead of 2 and three? That's the biggest question I've had since the beginning of your journal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the harvest and how big your autos become. Very Interesting.

- Update -

Crystal Candy Autos #1 and #2

Day - 34

Pineapple Express Autos #1 and #2
Day - 34 PEa1 / Day - 33 PEa2

Critical+2.0
Day - 55

Jan.14

Well hello everyone! ‘‘Tis me again! I wanted to start today off by saying it’s the beginning of a new sun for the Dutch garden today! I set up my new MarsHydro 3x3 tent and 2x New MarsHydro SP-150s and boy are they are gorgeous! @SmokeSara thank you again!

Let’s start with a few pics with the new lights and setup!

Wicked! I’m extremely excited to see how these new lights perform and finish off these autos! Once completed I will be starting a new sponsored journal for MarsHydro using this setup with new plants from start to finish. But enough about that for now let’s get to the good stuff the update!

All the Autoflower girls are almost ready for another water/feeding so tomorrow they will probably get one! PEa1 is really getting big she has taken up the pot now and is loving life! With the girls all moving into their new home I didn’t do any training today just adjusting the ties from when I moved them around. Tomorrow there will be some additional training and new tying on the quads PEa1 and CCa1 since their inner growth tips are long enough to tie down now as well.

The Critical+2.0 girls were looking s but sad today as they were needing a drink/feed so I mixed up some nutes.

Each plant got 3.5L of mixed nutrient water. The mixture was in 1 Gallon:

-4mL CalMag
-7.5mL Veg Nutes
-8mL Bud Candy
PH:6.1-6.2

A few hours later they were looking happy again! Since they were trained and tied down for the last time yesterday I am just leaving them alone this week to grow out and do their thing! Once the weekend roles around as long as the girls are happy and healthy it will be flip time. With that being said I will be doing pre flip defoliation and then leaving them go until after stretch has stopped. Once stretch is done 2-3 weeks after flip I will do another defoliation to remove any lower branching that won’t amount to anything or anything that isn’t a part of the canopy!

But that’s it for now and until later I wish you all the best of the best and stay medicated!
:Namaste::green_heart::ganjamon:

Hiya Dutchman1990,

First of all, may I call you Dutchie? All Righty then. I just finished reading through your journal. Exceptional documentation! I'm a sucker for great documentation. It shows your enjoying the experience, and pay attention to details! I'll second Homers sentiment about your journal. It's very informative. I especially like how clear and concise your tutorials are. The best yet.

Oh, I love the work with the quadline on the 2 Critical ladies. A fun project, and a chance to learn. I have learned a good bit from reading through your journal! Thank you.

I have a question - Why choose nodes 3 and 4 to use for branches instead of 2 and three? That's the biggest question I've had since the beginning of your journal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the harvest and how big your autos become. Very Interesting.

@Bode ! Hey pal and welcome! You can call me Dutchie not a problem at all haha! Thank you kindly for the positive words and I’m glad you have taken something from the journal so far! Now as for your question.

As mentioned I’m this is my first qaudline attempt so I may be wrong but from my knowledge and what I am aware nodes 3 and 4 are chosen due to plant structure. It creates a bigger plant allowing it to grow to node 5 and then topping back to above node 4 and removing nodes 1 and 2 as opposed to growing a smaller plant and topping it at node 4 back to above node 3 and using 2/3 as your qaudline.

Basically to sum it up what I understand and what I have personally witnessed with this grow from clones (criticals) to the auto quads is allowing the plant to get to the proper size and having it healthy will allow it to take the topping and node stripping easier. I noticed when I topped my criticals I let them get bigger selected my nodes and then removed the lower growth. They didn’t skip a beat and are clearly doing great now!

With my autos usually the rule of thumb is not to top after day 22 with days 14-21 being the best. I let me autos go a few days past this just to allow them to get to a healthier size and stature before topping them. Again they didn’t stalk out or stop growing intact the PEa took off the next day and is now the biggest of the 4 autos.

I hope that clears it up! Sorry for the long rant!!

If I am wrong I would love for another #Quadsqauder to answer!

@SmokeSara gotta hand it to you folks, looks like you nailed this one... sweet looking lights. Nice setup Dutch. Should be exciting to see the finish
Thanks Sauga and I agree! MarsHydro really nailed this one! They look sweet and I can’t wait to see how the plants respond to them over the next few weeks and going into flower!

Congrats on the new set-up! They hooked you up.
Thanks GTX! Thanks to @SmokeSara I am starting the new year off with a new set of suns!

Great looking set up, now let’s se what it can do

I’m excited to Penny! Can’t wait to see them work their magic!

Why choose nodes 3 and 4 to use for branches instead of 2 and three?
The branches at node 1 and 2 can’t support the weight you want out of your buds. 3 and 4 will allow you train horizontally and should be strong enough to hold the weight of the buds. Defoliation is also a big pet of quadlining so the removal of the lower nodes sets the stage for that. Gets the plant used to the stress. That’s my understanding anyway! Lol

Dutch,mind if I chime in?The new lights look awesome. I can’t wait to be able to trade in my blurples for a nice set. Love the training. The Grow looks great. Watching all the journals, keeps my obsessive hands off mine.Cheers!!

Always welcome to chime in and welcome to my neck of the garden Deck! I’m eager to see how these lights perform

Back
Top Bottom