DV8s Sweet Treats Grow Ft All New Viparspectra XS1500 PRO

She looks great :)
Thanks T! Shes definitely my favourite at the moment. Gives me smile everytime I look over her.
The plant looks very happy under that light!
Indeed mate. Even though I lean toward getting good yields, theres just something about a plant looking happy that cant be beat.

Miss Muffin just starting to show a bit of need for a stronger input. So far her disruptions have been minimal.

She is just past the ideal time for suppercropping, so if she has a bit more stretch in her, the mains can just outpace the canopy. Gave a slight crack on the last attempt so I stopped.

Very knotty on those stems now, as she drops her root formation Ill leave her heal, stretch and settle into bloom.
20230420_062931.jpg
20230420_062949.jpg
20230420_063025.jpg

Feed her tonight and get her lowers tidied up in coming days.

At the time of taking the snaps I was playing with the intensity setting and distance.

Recommended intensity and height looked just about perfect to me. Its very direct, much more so than anything Ive had before, more like a spotlight on a stage than car headlight spread that other lights seem to have.
:hug:So pleased to hear that you liked it. From the healthy and strong plants, we can also feel that the XS1500 PRO is quite powerful. And, of course, your care and knowledge. :high-five:

Had her feed last night, she was much more full today in her leaf angle and look, tomorrow should be the premium day of her cycle.

Miss Muffin teamed up with the XS 1500 Pro has been a learning curve. The more time I have with them both the better I can judge and respond to the plants needs.

Some of the most accomplished tent growers on here keep their grows in the optimum range, light, feed and plant cycle all in sync, and its why their plants always look great, things of beauty.

So far the manual guide for settings has not failed me. Nobody would have a problem getting a good result from this light just by following along the recommendations.

Early buds are pleasing, spacing is almost ideal in the mains.
20230421_075908.jpg

Edit: here she goes with that signature reach!
20230421_161304.jpg
20230421_161344.jpg

My little Runtz girl got a tidy up, she looked happy, so the scissors came out ✂️

Left her with a bit of a hole in the middle and left me with plenty of guilt seeing all her parts splayed out for dumping....it was so much!

She however could not care less and got her dancing hands up like she was celebrating.
20230422_085508.jpg
20230422_085525.jpg

Her bud formation is still going well, and now shes rid of all the useless watershoots and undercarriage, all that energy can now be redirected to canopy output.

20230422_090356.jpg

This plant continues to be such a well behaved lady, I have to give her genetics most of the credit, and some changes to my feeding as the next biggest influence.

Even her stretch has made me chuckle, could fill a tent no problem given free reign.

Here she is, hands stretched, and all fuzzy, right in the zone of my favourite time of flower.

Day 72 above ground, Day 25 since flip, Day 13 since pistils.
20230423_150627.jpg
20230423_150925.jpg
20230423_150800.jpg
IMG_20230423_204613.jpg

She's a looker, love the way those buds are stacking up. Great job keeping up on the feed under the new light, looks like she's loving it. Nice cleanup too.

This plant continues to be such a well behaved lady, I have to give her genetics most of the credit, and some changes to my feeding as the next biggest influence.

Even her stretch has made me chuckle, could fill a tent no problem given free reign.

Here she is, hands stretched, and all fuzzy, right in the zone of my favourite time of flower.

Day 72 above ground, Day 25 since flip, Day 13 since pistils.
20230423_150627.jpg
20230423_150925.jpg
20230423_150800.jpg
IMG_20230423_204613.jpg
Looks very happy healthy and well tended Deeve!

She's a looker, love the way those buds are stacking up.
To the Moon! ( Well....🤞)
Great job keeping up on the feed under the new light, looks like she's loving it.
Feel like she could get a push, though the tips are just yellow....
Nice cleanup too.
Thanks mate. Its new to me, to defol so much of the lowers. The watershoots, non starters have always been a focus, the general foliage removal so deep is new.

For what its worth she didnt miss a beat.
Looks very happy healthy and well tended Deeve!
Thanks mate, starting to get closer to what Ive set out to achieve. The rest falling into place would be great.

Had the ready reckoner out for troubleshooting my plant health.

So far Ive switched to PH adjustments, (always down), and tried additional N+Ca feeds. I played with some epsom salts for magnesium.
Long story short there seems to still be some deficiencies rearing up here and there.

Now I have noticed that the new nutrient formulation drops additional Manganese, Molybdenum, and Iron in the Bloom mix.

My girls dont get the Grow part for very long, so this recent feed I split the dosage into 7 grams Bloom, and 8 grams Grow to add to the feed mix, instead of the 15 to 20 grams of Bloom.

Being a little K deficient thought this might also help, as the Grow has a slightly higher K value. Now I wait and see. If it doesnt help, figure it cant hurt, my heart and head really  want it to work!

Over time Ill dial this all in Im sure. Ill keep sticking to some clones until something clicks.

Whatever happens, this Runtz Muffin feels as though she has been better overall than any before her in terms of plant health, so all the tail chasing hasnt been for nothing. Or Im just good at congratulating myself for not ruining her yet haha.

Right, enough of the diatribe, heres pics.
20230425_062548.jpg
20230425_062652.jpg

Appreciate your careful observation of the details of their growth. Its overall growth trend is nice from the pics, love the way they look like!

Oh my days! That all sounds so complicated!
Gosh I really do wish it was simple at times Tra. Unfortunately my care and girls need some more time to get things right.

Im sure when it all gets figured out in the process of elimination that having lush green girls like yours will become a standard, thats the aim.
Seems to be working for you tho. She looks great. Your best yet by a county mile.
Thanks growmie. If she can finish what shes started Ill be well pleased.
Appreciate your careful observation of the details of their growth. Its overall growth trend is nice from the pics, love the way they look like!
Thanks Val.

Creeping ever closer to the fun part, and her lighting needs have been well taken care of.

Miss Muffin looks to be slow and steady, daytime temps are up a little so her demeanour has followed with her stating in the grow zone for longer.

Theres some hints of early frost, maybe all the supercropping, and apart from her dominant nodes, very even in the canopy.

Her signature smell is coming in now from handling her foliage, theres a hint of a kick, with some lighter overtones.

I remember reading @Trala saying her Runtz had a combo between awful and pleasant in those buds, so seems consistent.

Ive come to terms with her lighter green, thinking its more genetics than care, her clones seem very similar, and reminds me a lot of the Watermelon Zkittlez also from Barneys Farm that has not long finished.

At 17 days of flower Im reasonably happy. She will be done before I know it, and her clones can take her space. Weeks 3 to 8/9 seem to fly by.

Once they fill in with fuzzys its toe taps till the swell and the pungent reminder to pay attention.

Really digging on her right now, whether she finishes heavy or light, early or late, her delicate and serene nature has been a joy, and Im excited for her clones already.
20230427_061007.jpg
20230427_060736.jpg
20230427_060950.jpg
Shes also a bit weird in places with her flicky fan edge tips that track out from a 45 to 90 degrees in spots, and this double header! Her clone from topping has similar weird individuality. Love it.
20230427_060909.jpg

Going into some lower temps in the next week, clicked the hangers up a touch and put the XS1500 PRO on 100%.
20230429_071340.jpg

Now her sugar leaves are starting to mature shes looking much fuller. Shes dense, healthy, with just a touch of pulling in the lowers at the bottom.

Ive never run my lights at 100%, if @ViparSpectra made this model with a fully adjustable dimmer, or a 90% increment that would make me happy.

Not only would it give me peace of mind Im not running it hours on end at max, toward the end of flower I could turn it down a little to mimic the Autumn/Fall conditions that draws them into a finish.

Back
Top Bottom