Dwarf Low Flyer, CFL, Soil, Beginner Grow, Tupperware

avodacado

First grow ever, thought that a stealth tupperware grow would be exciting. Looking for cheap suggestions, but if necessary I will invest my money with no budget.

Looking for help along the way, any suggestions are welcome and are greatly appreciated. (Seeds coming in wednesday)

420-magazine-mobile517251423.jpg

2x 23w cfl bulbs for the seedlings. Looking for veg and flowering lights. Would prefer cfl for all stages.

Using two cpu fans, one exhaust and one bringing in fresh air.

420-magazine-mobile1446388082.jpg

Bought 5x auto feminized dwarf low flyers. Coming in on Wednesday.

420-magazine-mobile892974499.jpg

Using this promix potting soil.

420-magazine-mobile507867834.jpg

I know miracle grow is not ideal in growing cannabis, but if there's anyway I can use this without harming the plant I will. Anyone experienced in using this suggestions are needed.

Going to buy some molasses in the coming day or two.

Hope any subs enjoy :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome avodacado!

Nice little tent you rigged up. I think I see a computer fan hooked up to side. Good because first thing I thought of was venting a space that small.

CFLs should work fine for grow this small. You'll want a few more by the time they start flowering. You can double the overhead lights and add a couple side lights for extra bud production. 2 is perfect for seedlings right now.

Miracle Grow will work to feed plant, but as you said not ideal. You can guess what others objection would be. I understand growing on the cheap, respect it actually, so no comments from me ... Except that it won't help the micorrhyzzae in the Pro Mix soil. Molasses will feed them but not help them feed the plant. You'll want to add some worm castings and other organic forms of nutes if you want full benefit of soil.

Happy package delivery tomorrow! I remember my first seed delivery all of 8 months ago. I'm excited for you. Happy growing!

420-magazine-mobile955987819.jpg

Quick little update, worried about height. So I built another box with ventilation.

420-magazine-mobile1172027462.jpg

Update 2x 26w cfl bulbs in the veg and flowering tent.

Have an extra 24w in LED lights and a 23w cfl. Just need to put them in.

420-magazine-mobile1465810578.jpg

Can i use a par 38 65w light as well?

PAR 38 means it has very poor match to natural light spectrum. It won't provide all the wavelengths of light that plants need, especially in veg stage. Another problem is heat in a small space. I would stick with CFL or LED bulbs that put out better light with less heat. In a budget grow a little better light is always worth little extra investment. Other investment I would make is worm castings to add to the Pro Mix. With that you should do fine with miracle grow. And Cal/Mag supplement. Everyone needs that eventually.

heya friend,, cheers to ya,, karma sent to your expectant self, expecten seeds that is

a few of your q's are one hundred percent relatable to my little operation, so i thot i might chime in a bit iffin ok,,

i grow my vegging plants with cfl's only, so i have some experience with cfl's,, i also grow a portion of my flowering plants with cfl's only, so i have some experience with cfl's, ha

P1160568.JPG

a pic to show you just how close you can put a cfl, a 23 watt anyway, to your plants,, very close, use your hand, the back, to gauge when close is too close,, warm is good

i have been growing for two years now,, far from experienced but i have been using nothing but simple miracle grow, veg mix and bloom mix, exclusively, (tho i use a urine mixture as well) ewww), up till very recently i bot some bloom fert, gooder stuff

i have never added cal/mag, tho i sure would like to know what i am missing??

looks like you will need to do some training on your plants, keep em small,, my suggestion,, do not try to over fill that space,, these plants grow, and grow,,

cheers friend

I think I'll go pick up some cfls, worm casting and Cal mag before I germinate :) !

420-magazine-mobile948336337.jpg

4th day since sprout for this girl

420-magazine-mobile2141876790.jpg

3rd day since sprout

Both just under the 23w cfls.

Does anyone know why the second is so stunted? It was drooped down when I got home and I quickly reinforced it but I don't know why.

How wet is the soil? Over-watering is the primary cause of premature seedling demise. They really only need a bit of a misting now and again when they are that tiny,
Not very moist, haven't watered in 2-3 days. It was just almost bone dry. I wet it down and put a toothpick in to hold it.

As the kitty mentioned,, nearly always Overwatering that causes wee ones woes,, look at the last pics,, the shine on top of the soil,, compare that to the first pics, no shine. Just sayin it happens is all

Either that or hot soil, soil with built in nutes,,

I have seen so many wee ones with the same woes, lately

Karma sent friend

As the kitty mentioned,, nearly always Overwatering that causes wee ones woes,, look at the last pics,, the shine on top of the soil,, compare that to the first pics, no shine. Just sayin it happens is all

Either that or hot soil, soil with built in nutes,,

I have seen so many wee ones with the same woes, lately

Karma sent friend
Soil has built In nutes, thanks for the feedback :) Im trying not to overwater

420-magazine-mobile1936172308.jpg

Leaves are pointing up, I moved the light back to 4 inches from the plant. Scared to water due to overwatering

420-magazine-mobile1951172898.jpg

Any opinions on the leaves pointing up? Fixes? Good or bad?

Back
Top Bottom