DWC 2nd Run

My hydro store guy suggested that it was salt buildup on the buckets and clay pebbles.......I was skeptical but followed his idea of using a flushing solution to clear out the salts.
You notice a ring of white crap in your buckets? That stuff is HARD to remove but the flushing agent got it out.
SDC10852.jpg
SDC10853.jpg

Oh man i feel for you, just went through the same issues - i now have a chiller and use hydro guard because of it...... SUCH A PAIN!!

1/10 hp chiller for up to 55 gallons or so ran me 300 at my local hydro shop - best price i could find online was 325 with shipping. Some people say that temp can go up to 80 water temp if your using hydro guard but Im playing it safe and still keeping my water at 68 - 70 with hydro guard. Maybe other people with more experience could chime in.......

mcnasty057 im a newbie by all means but i have had the same issue. Cloudy water, water smells like dirty socks, and root rot. My res temps reach over 80 degrees and all i use now is Aquashield. Please dont put bleach or peroxide in your reservoir as stated above. This is the complete opposite of what u need to do. I would recommend getting some aquashield and if for some reason that doesnt take care of your issue in a day or two you can make the "Heisenberg tea". The tea is like 10 times stronger or more than aquashield. Aquashield is all that i needed to clear all my issues up. No need to even sterilize everything... Just add the aquashield. It will eat all the bad bacteria away.

Yea I hope I said I changed the res but that sounds like I just cleaned it I bought a new one since my plants are seedlings that nasty water didn't seem to effect it when I bought the new rezs I just used ro water to so far crystal clear but we shall see

Idk yet I did it last grow avg about a ounce and a half out of my plants it seems to do b the job but I may get a 250 or 400 hps to get a bigger yield. My one plant I'll veg Prolly 2 months it all depends how she grows and my blue cheese is a auto flower

I have no experiance with autoflowering seeds but i did read this article in a auto flower guide:

"How much light should I give an autoflower?
There’s 2 schools of thought on this one. Because they don’t “need” hours of darkness in the same way that photo period cannabis does, they can be given 24 hours of light. Many growers (& I tend to agree with this) feel though that the plants appreciate 4-6 hours of darkness as a “rest period”. That said, for the last 3 weeks of flowering, when you really want to max out your bud potential, its often worth leaving the lights on for the full 24 hours."

For my regular veg i always do 18/6. If i had a auto seed i would most likely do 18/6!

Hope this helps! Maybe a autoflower expert can let us know! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom