DWC Auto CFL - 1st Grow Ever

newbiegrwer

What strain is it?
Cream of the Crop - Robocrop (autoflower)
Is it indica, sativa, or hybrid? What %?
Hybrid mostly sativa
Stage of growth?
Germination
How long?
Day 1
Indoor or Outdoor?
Indoor
Soul or Hydro?
Hydro
Lights?
CFL starting at 260 true watts 6500k adjustable to 996 true watts (736 can be 2700k for during flowering)
Temp of Room?
Air conditioned to maintain 75-80 deg F
RH of Room?
Not sure yet, hygrometer is on the way.
pH of res?
Will attempt to maintain 5.8 for proper nutrient availability.
Pests?
Does the wife count?
Type & Strength of Nutes?
General Hydroponics Floragro, Florabloom, Floramicro, and pH up & down. Starting slow, finishing strong.
Container?
5gal Rubbermaid w/ 6in net pots
Medium?
Hydroton

I am germinating 4 seeds of Robocrop for my first ever grow. I may be a little overly ambitious coming into the game with autos and dwc with cfls but what can I say, I love a challenge. If I fail at my first attempt I will try again. I will post pics of my homemade humidity dome and the attic grow room I built.

Knowledge and experience are 2 different things. Strive for both and share it with others.

4fa47dc6-0525-41ed-b57e-33b4351a274e.jpg
66d61197-fe95-44f8-8bc1-7f9f7271c990.jpg
20151217_205447.jpg
20151217_205407.jpg
20151212_121535.jpg
20151201_160953.jpg
As promised.

That looks like a really nice setup! Don't forget to put something under the AC unit, it will pull humidity out and drip water in your attic otherwise.

That looks like a really nice setup! Don't forget to put something under the AC unit, it will pull humidity out and drip water in your attic otherwise.
Yeah. I had planned on that as well. Heading out to Lowe's tomorrow to get a hose barb fitting and some tubing to make a drain tube to drain into a spare container. Thanks though. Good to know people care enough to point things out.

Knowledge and experience are 2 different things. Strive for both and share it with others.

For those that are curious. The inside dimensions of the room are 7'4"wide x 9'4"long x 7' high. Lighting is on a pulley and rope system for adjustments. Floor is painted flat white and the walls and ceiling are reflective foam board insulation.

I'd run it back into the enclosure and into a tray to evaporate. You want the humidity to stay high in there. I'm having a hell of a time keeping humidity up with 12 23 watt CFL lamps and 31 degree Celsius temps. I mist and I have water evaporating in trays. Highest I can get is 30% due to the air exchange rate.

I live in a region where the year round humidity gets no lower than about 50% and I am pumping 70 cfm of indoor air into and out of the room. Today's humidity is 96%. If the system dries the room out some it may help me but if it dips down too low I will take your advice for sure.

It's the end of day 2 of germination and no sprouts yet. It's still very early. I only did about a 4 hour soak and no paper towel method. So that means they have only been introduced to moisture for about 28 hours now. I'll keep updating.

ddf4d8d6-3f0a-457c-b491-6a519a3b147f.jpg
The northern lights on the right is the replacement seed they sent because they accidentally sent me the auto version. The rest of them were just to say sorry for the mess up. On the right is the northern lights that they owed me. On the left is 7 seeds they included for free. 2 more tangie, 1 holy grail kush, 1 og kush, 1 cheese, 1 strawberry amnesia, 1 Skywalker kush. All feminized and all photoperiod.

Back
Top Bottom