DWC Auto CFL - 1st Grow Ever

20160109_161535.jpg
20160109_161523.jpg
The big one is taking off. Hopefully the second one from the previous puctures picks up soon, I think she got stunted, and the third one is trying to catch up.

20160116_175757.jpg
20160116_175736.jpg
20160117_093358.jpg
In the grow room finally. Temp is 69-72 lights out and 75-80 lights on. Getting fresh co2 rich air pumped in from inside the house which helps maintain Temps and humidity which hovers between 50-55%. Lights are 4 65w 6500k 4100 lumen cfls as close as they will sit on the dwc container and on a 21/3 cycle. Water is somewhere around 6 pH and about 250 ppm with general hydroponics flora series nutes with equal parts gro, micro, and bloom. Leaves are a little yellowed due to me starting nutes a little late.

20151230_163436.jpg

Is it normal to look at her once an hour just to make sure she's still there?
Ha. I get lost staring at my garden all the time. 406 watts of 6500K is also good SAD treatment.

Ha. I get lost staring at my garden all the time. 406 watts of 6500K is also good SAD treatment.
Yeah it is. It's bitter sweet that she's in the attic grow room now. I know she's in a better environment for growing big and strong but it takes too much effort to go up there every hour. Twice a day is fine now. I wish I hadn't made the rookie mistake of drowning my seeds. I'm lucky I got the one girl to stay alive. Would've been nice to have a whole team of girls to watch grow; but at least I got 1 to stare at though right?

406 watts of true fluorescent is a beautiful thing to watch.

Looks like you're already learning from your mistakes. And determination like that is what gets you the best results. Pretty excited to follow the journey.

Looks like you're already learning from your mistakes. And determination like that is what gets you the best results. Pretty excited to follow the journey.
Thanks. I have many seeds to start the next grow and will learn as much as possible from this first to ensure ample success in the next.

Compact or tube?
Both, 192 watts T5HO 2 foot 8 bulb, 1 24w 5000K CFL, 2X 65 watt 6500K CFL's, 1 60 watt 6500K CFL. Few pix on my sour diesel grow.

Cheers

I'm extremely interested in this grow as I want to build a similar set up for cloning and breeding one day. (I'm an outdoor grower, don't plan on changing that, but I'd like to combine indoor and outdoor.)
My ultimate plan is to build up to doing both as well. Doing a bulk grow outdoors and a specialty grow indoors.

Here is what 411 true watts of fluoresent looks like my friend. 2x2 area it will work wonders.

Cheers

Here is what 411 true watts of fluoresent looks like my friend. 2x2 area it will work wonders.

Cheers
That's nice man. I probably didn't design my system very efficiently but I did do it cheap so it won't be to much of a waste to redo it once I figure out what I need to change. I built my entire rail system out of 1-1/4" pvc and have it fully height adjustable with pulleys and ropes and used the $1.18 lamp holders and ordered bulk splitters online for about $1.25 ea. I have significantly more spent in bulbs that in the rig and at least those won't need to be replaced soon.

Speaking of learning from my mistakes. Before I try again with premium seeds that I paid for I am going to practice with some bag seed. I have a few buddies that will give me all the bag seed my heart could desire. Just got my first set from a friend a few minutes ago. About 40-50 seeds most of them busted or to young but I may end up with 10-15 viable and he said he only picked about a quarter ounce and he bought a half. So we'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom