DWC Auto CFL - 1st Grow Ever

20160406_194852.jpg
20160406_194902.jpg
20160406_194913.jpg
So it was harvest day at my house. Took me and a friend 4 hours to trim it all but we got it. 1 rack full of clothes hangers and a few loose buds.

Smoke report is in. It isn't the best bud. I panicked when it started dropping leaves and probably harvested too soon. It still hits but it is more like some low mid. But it does make some bomb concentrate. I have been experimenting and have made wax and moon rock with it. Those hit like a freight train.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

This plant is an auto. There was no switch to 12/12. I am only curious because it was an advertised 75 day plant that is near the 90 day mark. I was just curious if anyone could judge an approximate time left based on the trichrome development. But your basically saying I should go plain water now and just wait on the trichromes to finish?

Id say yes

Hey newbie i see your knowledgeable about hash and will be asking this fall your opinion on this.
Basically, I plan to use the 3 bag cold water system. I made coffee filter hash and turned out killer so Im going to step up this fall. Im not into anything butane processed. Thats what the law here dosent want.
Maybe try to buy just the last bag and run it twice? I know the coffee filter method is rink a dink with the vets here but it worked killer and helped me develop theory to the process. 1/4 oz frozen, crap bud makes 3 grams killer hash ran twice. Its the best kief ive ever had!
Newbie is that all you use in your attic is many single bulbs??

Hey newbie i see your knowledgeable about hash and will be asking this fall your opinion on this.
Basically, I plan to use the 3 bag cold water system. I made coffee filter hash and turned out killer so Im going to step up this fall. Im not into anything butane processed. Thats what the law here dosent want.
I know there are several brands of hash bags and the big name brands are several times more expensive.

Is HID the same as HPS and MH?
Is the difference between HPS and MH just the bulb? Can the hood run both bulbs or are those completely separate lights?
Good question. HID is the acronym for high intensity discharge which is the all encompassing term for metal halide and high pressure sodium. They are both different varieties of HID. As for the difference that comes in the color spectrum of the bulb. It used to be that the old magnetic ballasts had to be specifically for one or the other but now the digital ballast can recognize the difference in the bulbs and adjust accordingly. And as for the hood, the socket inside the hood accepts both bulbs but only 1 at a time. Now I hope all of that was accurate as I am going off of memory here and I may have gotten a little fuzzy on some of it. But from what I recall that was the jist of it.

Is your yard grow getting close to harvest??
About cold water hash........ I think mine turned out so good is because it was jarred for 6mo. before process. Im wondering if I should jar cure everything from now on for great hash? Or run it dry but green? Then I wonder if I process it unjarred would it then cure if better if jarred after process? Its just it turned out KILLER and Im thinking because it was jarred first?

Is your yard grow getting close to harvest??
About cold water hash........ I think mine turned out so good is because it was jarred for 6mo. before process. Im wondering if I should jar cure everything from now on for great hash? Or run it dry but green? Then I wonder if I process it unjarred would it then cure if better if jarred after process? Its just it turned out KILLER and Im thinking because it was jarred first?
My outdoor grow is coming along nicely but we have extremely long summers here so I'll probably be harvesting mid October. As far as hash being better if cured and aged before washing, I don't have enough experience to make a valid, knowledgeable answer.

My outdoor grow is coming along nicely but we have extremely long summers here so I'll probably be harvesting mid October. As far as hash being better if cured and aged before washing, I don't have enough experience to make a valid, knowledgeable answer.

Not before washing, Cured and aged before processing cold water.
I think thats why mine turned out so good.
I thought you have autoflower outside and thought they might be early

Yeah I used the wrong term. I meant ice washing for hash.

No mworries Im just trying to understand. I just read that soilless is also potting soil and bottled nutes? Damn.
Im troubleshooting humidity the last 14 hrs and wondering why its not raising my tents? I got it up full blast now. Might put it 3' under my guage next. Having fun!
My yard grows starting to bud and I cant believe the transformation that takes place the next 2 months!!!
Ive only done a handful of grows and each year is like the first one kinda. If it makes it till harvest, all the trimming im dreading! Their monsters!!

I read where you have your AC keep temps at 80 deg? I wonder what temp you set the AC for to keep 80 deg.? Your AC is in with your plants while mines outside the tent. Ive been told by 2 different people to put the AC inside my tent. Havent yet, not sure if good idea. But theres room! I will if I ever do a grow in the summer Im thinking. I can keep the AC off at night with the bedroom door open with all the fans going and tent temps are 82 deg. Nice. Its when my lights turn on is when it climbs to 92 deg. so Im thinking thats when I need to set the AC for 70 deg. With lights off temps are 76 deg. and want to keep my AC off to save money but maybe in Aug. I need to keep it set for 75 deg. I will today and see what temps are when lights turn on at 7pm.
Yes Newbie I think your correct with heat stress and mild nute burn. All can be worked with!!
Thanks Brother! Sometimes I think about how you cared for a dog with 3 legs. I dread that. Ive thought about it way before you mentioned it so it kinda hits home. I couldent do it. Shes too big. legs are too long and her body weight is too much to hop on 3 legs or have a cart haul her ass end around like a wheel chair.
Newbie, thank you for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom