DWC bubbler tempature

LiaK

420 Member
The tempature in my bubbler is consistently about 1 degree cooler than the room tempature, which means it is always above 74F. The cost of a chiller is out of the question. I am "this close" to moving my Sour D's to coco coir/perlite/vermiculte mix in order to avoid the woes that may eventually come from too hot water.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem?
Thanks, Lia.

Beneficial bacteria help at temps in that range too. Hydroguard, voodoo juice, great white, etc. They live in the root zone and help prevent bad bacteria from moving in. Or you can run a sterile environment and use H2O2 or res clear or something similar to make sure nothing is living in there.

I run buckets in that temp range. I use both Hydroguard and Sensizym. Roots are clean and healthy.
If I bought hydroguard and sensizym would I need z7? Or do they do the same thing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the replies. Looking into my options, and concerned about costs, I ran across some threads saying that using the enzymes marketed for ponds is the way to go. Same stuff, more concentrated, less costly. Any thoughts on that?

Can't say. I've never used them, nor even thought about it to be honest. It's worth exploring I suppose. There are several here who just brew their own teas for the reservoir. VilliageIdiot comes to mind. Look at his posts if costs become an issue. Plus he is always willing to help, solid 420Mag member.

I use pondzyme sometimes. Its pretty good in my opinion. I use sensizym, great white and hydroguard but still get some staining from the micro and calmag. But i use pondzyme about a week before i change for bloom nutes. It seems to get most of the discoloration off so i go into flower with a nice clean root mass ready for osmosis. I use it again when im doing my flush before harvest. It has barley in it and it can gunk shit up a little bit if you have pumps or something. I brew it for a couple of days in a cupful of water and then strain it before i add it to the rez. Sometimes i won't bother at flush tho.

Thanks everyone. I am a natural green thumb with good old fashioned soil, this hydro is a whole 'nuther learning curve. Spending more time reading than gardening, but winter is here so I have more time and inclination to read.

Back
Top Bottom