DWC, Bubbles, CFL Grow Box, and Closet. First grow, ICE and Bubblelious

First off, Thank you all for stopping by and commenting, and watching over me. :)

I need a little help please.
Opened up the res and I have gnats.
In the Deep Water Culture forum
I read to use dish soap to get rid of them.
I have a 6 gallon res.
Question, How much soap? couple of drops?

I admit, I sure don't like putting dish soap in the res.
On my next res change this weekend, I am clearling out the closet and re-spraying with home defence again and I also will get some type of Pest strip to hang in there.
Any recommendation on which brand to use?

Thanks again all for stopping by.

Do you have animals? My problem is I did so I couldn't use the one that is well dangerous for animals and kids. I didn't want the fumes to effect them. That is why I harvested early and prayed the smoke was good enough.

I think if I remember correctly the dish soap mixture gets sprayed on the leaves so that won't help you right now. I will tell you I still have some gnats left and it is over a week since I harvested. They are a pain to get rid of in the summer cause more just come in from outside.

I got bit up last night by a few different types of bugs.

To be honest, I totally forgot what was said to rid yourself of the gnats. I do remember the flying ones don't really do any damage, but the larve in the root system is bad. If you don't get an answer here today, I would re-post on the Deep Water Culture home thread and I'm sure you'll get an answer there. :goodluck:

You need Mosquito Dunks. Available at Home Depot and garden stores. They contain a bacillus that attacks mosquito and fungus fly larvae. Completely safe, no chemicals.

Another option for natural pest control is neem oil, such as Einstein Oil or K-Neem. In India, you can find neem oil in their toothpaste, shampoo, soap, and many other cosmetic and personal hygiene products.

You need Mosquito Dunks. Available at Home Depot and garden stores. They contain a bacillus that attacks mosquito and fungus fly larvae. Completely safe, no chemicals.

Another option for natural pest control is neem oil, such as Einstein Oil or K-Neem. In India, you can find neem oil in their toothpaste, shampoo, soap, and many other cosmetic and personal hygiene products.

Thanks for the tip! I should be able to rep you soon, you deserve it!

Hi all,
Well I really kinda of upset with myself this week. It was not a good week.
I am not sure how it happened, but my PH meter really got out of sync and it
kept reading 3.3 to 3.5. I should of known better to believe that and attempted to get the ph up. but the meter kept reading 3.5. When I finally got my Liquid solution back from a friend to test it manually it was wayyyyyy up. I did a res change not adding any nutes for a good flush. From the manual reading I am figure it is around 6.0.
I will get them slowly back up on nutes. I did nute burn them and I heat burnt the tops this week. Like I said, not a good week, but I am still trucking alone.
The thing is, I know better than to trust the meter. And I am kickin myself in the butt for this. This won't happen again.
I will be purchasing another PH meter and taking them to a friend of mine that grows and have him calibrate them. In the mean time, I will be doing my PH testing manually.

Anyway, I am at 29 days of flowering and flushing for a couple of days. The buds look nice but the fan leaves are hurting. :(

I think I got a good idea which plants are which. I have to say the to tall ones are the ICE and the small ones are Bubblelious. The Bubblelious plants show little or no nute burnt, The ICE took the worse hit. But They have the bigger buds. In my next grow, I will be using all the same strain. The Bubblelious seems to hand the nutes much better than the ICE.

Other things to know are the Gnats are gone.
The res is off the floor with a fan blowing underneath dropping the water temp down from 71 to 68. I do admit, I don't know what the res temps are when the lights are off. I don't open up my closet when the 400 HPS is off. I keep them in complete darkness during that time.

I am newbie here I am just learning, I am hopeful the plants will bounce back with no problem. Hoping anyway.

Here are some pics. :)

Picture_010_12.jpg

Pic of bubblelious.

Picture_017_12.jpg

here is one of the ICE.

Picture_012_11.jpg

Picture_016_12.jpg

It didn't take that much of a hit. I've done worse on purpose! Full speed ahead! Good idea on not peeking when the lights are out. That would be more dangerous than what they have been through. You can assume the temps are lower with the lights off. Good also to sneak up the nutes on them. It's not what happens to us, It's how we handle it and you are doing great.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what happened to the joking MC. I didn't expect to do it to the house although I wish something would erratically useless bugs.

What is insecticide soap?

Well, I know how much you hate bugs and I didn't want to steer you wrong.

Insecticidal soap is a refined soap that has enough acid it in to kill most soft bodied insects. The reason I use it is that is completely safe for humans and pets.

Joking MC comes home after a few bowls. I had so many last night I have to take a break to clear my head. At least get is clear enough to stand without leaning to the left!

I called to ask how my buddy was but he has been sleeping for the last 16 hours. I feel pretty good that I got some weeding and got the groceries today!

Thanks MC. I was freaking, and pretty tick off at myself for that mistake. Your support with me on my first bubble grow is something I will never forget.

alien8, Hun, {Can I call you hon, (ya know in 2003 I got charged with sexual harassment for calling women "Hun". Honest to god, I couldn't believe it. I knew I was on my way out then.}

The gnats were just in the res. I tore everything apart and cleaned it. Then I re-sprayed the the room with with the Home Defence Pest Control I have.
I took regular H2O2 3% and pored about 1 cup of it on top in the rock-wool. I let her set for about 5 mins. and then pored 1/2 gallon of straight water in it. I ain't had a problem since, clean the res again and put it all back together. Honestly Hun, (opps damn, another sexual harassment charged coming) I would get the Home Defence.

Thanks again MC for coming in and watching over me.
I'll be showing up in bubble home responding to the reply I got for the my remarks on the Bud of the Month comment.

Shotgun

Shot gun mister thanks for the answer. First of all as a woman I take offense to people not sexually harassing me. I think the laws went way to far. It ruined some of the tit a tat at work when I was still there. Well actually I harassed everyone so they did it back. If it is all in good fun what is the harm. If someone says stop then it is stop. I have been told to stop and did. So call me hon, sexy or whatever else you want as long as it is in a positive vein. To do it as a one up or to degrade someone is a whole different story. Some men do that but it has not been in my experience but have seen it.

I have ortho plant and fruit, isn't that the same as ortho home defense? I would imagine same thing different label. You know how these companies are. I am not growing now but I still use it outside. I got scared when I read the insert after harvesting that it is dangerous for children and animals. That is why I will not grow in bug season again. I can grow all winter with no bugs not even a fly.

Back
Top Bottom