DWC, Bubbles, CFL Grow Box, and Closet. First grow, ICE and Bubblelious

H6251686

Hi,
This is my first Hydro grow. I am day 24 of veggie.
I have 4 plants going all from Female seeds. 2 Ice and 2 bubblelious.
my res is 2 gallons and I have 3 42 watt CFLs vegging in the 18"x"18x3' box.
The Closet is 2'x4'x7'
ppm 500
PH 6.0
I am using GHF for nutes with super thrive, and bat guano.

Last week I push it to far at 1000 and no nutes were being taken in for a couple of days. Did a res change with just straight water with a ppm of 10 and ph of 6.5, They perk right up again. Showed a ppm of 100 and a ph of 6.7 after an hour. This morning, I tested and showed a PPM of 200 and PH of 6.8
I bump the ppm to 500 and lowered the ph to 6.0

Before I got the female seeds i was experimenting with bag seeds in soil. I did get 2 of them to take off and grow quiet well, but the 2 that lived, Hermie on me so out they went.

The closet is not quite setup, need to get an exhaust setup for the 400 watt HPS light for Flowering.

The grow is in the basement and I have central air. Temps were not that all of problem when I did the winter soil grow with the 400, But I have a feeling I will have heat problems this summer.

100_18871.jpg

Picture104cpy.jpg

Picture105copy-1.jpg

Here they are at day 17 veggie.

Picture107py.jpg

And here is what they look like right now. With a couple of soil bagseeds that I am going to put out side next weekend. Little cramp, but they are doing ok.

Picture_124.jpg

There are more pictures in my photo gallery if you want to check them out.
some pics of the Hermies, closet, lights, nutes and other things.

I welcome any input.

In an addition of the exhaust fan having to be put in to the closet, I am looking into some type of CO2 system. I will be doing this manually.

So Roseman, Chicago Joe, Crazy, and others who's journals I have been reading and replying to, Here I am. :smokin:

My Real Nick Name is Shotgun.

Boy is it going to be crowded in there! Even 3-4 will be crowded. Not a big fan of bat guano or any organics in hydro. It's been done but the symbiotic relationship required is very tough in hydro using nute salts ( gh line). Plants look great though. The two strains you have growing can take a lot of abuse so you got that going for you.

As you know I'm not a soil grower but those lower leaves look to be lightening on the bottom of the soil plants. Maybe feed them a little extra and see if they recover. Looks like they need some N.

Wow, a 400 in that box has to be tough to ventilate. I'd tell you to get a fan in there to move them around a bit but have no idea of where you would put it! LOL!

I'm doing a combo soil/bp system grow next up but it looks like you beat me to it! In my case everything will stay in the room for better or worse. The reason being it's friggin hot in summer and that makes hydro tougher so the soil is kind of a back-up.

Hi,
This is my first Hydro grow. I am day 24 of veggie.
I have 4 plants going all from Female seeds. 2 Ice and 2 bubblelious.
my res is 2 gallons and I have 3 42 watt CFLs vegging in the 18"x"18x3' box.
The Closet is 2'x4'x7'
ppm 500
PH 6.0
I am using GHF for nutes with super thrive, and bat guano.

Last week I push it to far at 1000 and no nutes were being taken in for a couple of days. Did a res change with just straight water with a ppm of 10 and ph of 6.5, They perk right up again. Showed a ppm of 100 and a ph of 6.7 after an hour. This morning, I tested and showed a PPM of 200 and PH of 6.8
I bump the ppm to 500 and lowered the ph to 6.0

Before I got the female seeds i was experimenting with bag seeds in soil. I did get 2 of them to take off and grow quiet well, but the 2 that lived, Hermie on me so out they went.

The closet is not quite setup, need to get an exhaust setup for the 400 watt HPS light for Flowering.

The grow is in the basement and I have central air. Temps were not that all of problem when I did the winter soil grow with the 400, But I have a feeling I will have heat problems this summer.

100_18871.jpg

Picture104cpy.jpg

Picture105copy-1.jpg

Here they are at day 17 veggie.

Picture107py.jpg

And here is what they look like right now. With a couple of soil bagseeds that I am going to put out side next weekend. Little cramp, but they are doing ok.

Picture_124.jpg

There are more pictures in my photo gallery if you want to check them out.
some pics of the Hermies, closet, lights, nutes and other things.

I welcome any input.

In an addition of the exhaust fan having to be put in to the closet, I am looking into some type of CO2 system. I will be doing this manually.

So Roseman, Chicago Joe, Crazy, and others who's journals I have been reading and replying to, Here I am. :smokin:

My Real Nick Name is Shotgun.

you're really an inovator, like an explorer, going where no other grower has gone. There is nothing like DETERMINATION tho, to see you through hard times. I urge you to listen to MostlyCrazy. HE KNOWS HIS GROWS.

I don't know where you could put a CO2 system in there.

LOL, my bad Crazy. They will be move out of the box and be put in this tub next weekend for me to start flowering. Here is light setup for the 400, The other lights are the CFLs that is in the box. and here is a pic of the roots.

Thanks Diversified, Glad to see ya here. :)

Picture_106_1.jpg

Picture_104_1.jpg

Picture_109_1.jpg

Thanks Roseman,
I will have the whole closet to setup some type of CO2 system once I move them out of the box for flowering, and I will be listening to Crazy very carefully as things go alone.
I will quit the bat guano, I thought that would help it out, But if you say not, then I will use them for the soil ones I have. I have 3 outside going too. I will move the other 2 out sometime this week and see if I can't get them perk up.
Thanks again for stopping by and keeping a close eye on me, Cause if anyone can mess this up it is me. LOL

Shotgun

Fake out! OK that makes better sense. Nice roots! Love them when they come out all white and thick from the bottom. You won't screw up this one! Think you learned enough on the soil grows that hydro will be a snap. Root health is most important in hydro. It kind of is in soil but things happen a little quicker in hydro. Both bad and good! LOL

Yeap, from what I have read in all the journals on here, I do know you have to be careful.
With my transition in moving into flowering, Do you have any suggestions for an additive for the process. I was planning to crush up the Bat Guano and dissolving that into it. But you said that don't really help. I am using GHF series, wondering if there is something to give it a kick in flowering.

Here is a pic of my soil grow at about 3 weeks when they hermied out. I was using the 400 on them. They were in the closet.

50today1.jpg

Not much for using additives while learning hydro. I've used Liquid Karma and Sweet. Problem with those are that they stain the roots and make it harder for a new hydro grower to deterime root health by looking at the roots. If you use those you have to use smell (should smell like alphalfa spouts) and feel (nothing breaks off when you give them a little squeeze).

OK,
25 days veggie
PPM out 650 (maybe I read the last reading wrong, cause I though I had it at 550 last night, It went up on me a 100 some how. No nutes added.
PH out 6.6
PPM in 650
PH in 6.0

Well see what happens tonight. The box is getting pretty crowded and I am looking forward to transferring them this weekend and starting the Flowering stage.

Getting to look like a jungle in there.

Yeay I guess I should of figured that. Question Crazy, with the GH and Super thrive, how was your end ave. weight per plant?

Anyway it is getting thick in the box and I moved the 2 soil ones out, put them in bigger pots with some bat guano mix in. Hopefully that will perk them 2 up. :)

Crazy, need info and help on transfer to Flower.
Questions.
How long of a dark period till I turn on the lights to go 12/12 with the 400. 36?
In the dark period, Should I use straight water and add nutes after, or go ahead and put the nutes and let them work on that.
I am hoping to have nutes up to 900 This weekend when I do that change over.

OK did a whole res change. Day 26 veggie.

PPM out 575
PPM in 750
PH 6.4 out
PH 5.9 in

Picture_006_1.jpg

Average Yield per plant is usually between 3-4 oz.

On the swithover to flower. Sometimes I do the dark and sometimes I don't. I haven't seen much difference in when they start flowering or much anything else so that's your call.

I keep using veg nutes for the first two changes after 12/12. The reason being that they will jump and at least double their height in the first two weeks of flower and they can be benefitted by giving a little extra N for that growth spurt. You get less die off of the underbrush and the plant is generally happier. If needed N is not available at that time the plant will use the N it has stored in the lower leaves. They will yellow and fall off.

I go right from full load grow to full load bloom. If you look at the GH label it shows a transition stage using 2-2-2. I've done that before also but it still have some leaf die back. After two full weeks they really need to be getting to flowering and are pretty much done stretching. You'll still get leaf die off after you switch just not as bad but if you do it after the "rush" it's just easier on the plant.

mc has you covered bro, for my first week of bloom i did a 50/50 mix of my veg/bloom nutes to see if it makes a difference and yes it does help them for that first 2 weeks of stretch, im at the end of week 1 bloom and ive yet to see a yellow/dead leaf. as for the light transfer just change over your light cycle during the night period, have it all the same but when the lights turn on the next day they just burn for 12 hours instead of 18. the whole extra dark period before going into bloom is a myth and can do more harm then good. now having the extra dark period before harvest thats different, and everyone has there own opinion. but yeah just right into 12/12 youll be fine.

3 to 4 oz? wow, I was thinking If I got 2 per plant, I would be jumping joy.
Ain't got a CO2 system figured out yet.
Starting to get really crowded in the box and am thinking I will transfer them tomorrow.
Read some stuff on Hydrogen Peroxide and added 10 ml of that to the res. yesterday. Plants don't seem to have an effect from that.

PPM out 700
PPM in 850
Ph out 6.3
Ph in 5.7

I will move them tomorrow or this weekend to flowering, no dark period.
Go to 12/12.

Questions, What about topping? and Cloning?
Can I clone a top?????
I was wondering in the transfer if I could attempt to do some clones.
I got the alcohol for sterility , surgical gloves, mask, gown and small chrome sissors, (the ones they use to cut stitches out) All ready. :)

How do I vote for him? send me the link, I will vote for him. Been on here for 3 for 4 months, never really voted for anything. lol

Back
Top Bottom