DWC help & info

Slim6969

Hey everyone I’ve been toying with the idea of a simple dwc setup and have a few questions.
Do I need to keep my bucket topped up all the time or do I let it go down as the plant grows ?

how often do I need to change out the water ??

when bumping up the Ppms do I empty the bucket and refill with new higher ppms ?

Any links or vids would be a great help
Thanks all

sorry if this seems like old hat

most of the vids I found are of ppl building there setup and not a lot of good information

Hey everyone I’ve been toying with the idea of a simple dwc setup and have a few questions.
Do I need to keep my bucket topped up all the time or do I let it go down as the plant grows ?

how often do I need to change out the water ??

when bumping up the Ppms do I empty the bucket and refill with new higher ppms ?

Any links or vids would be a great help
Thanks all

sorry if this seems like old hat

most of the vids I found are of ppl building there setup and not a lot of good information

Your fill line stays the same, as the plant gets bigger it will drink faster requiring more frequent refills.

I wouldn't leave the water in for more than a week, after it's big enough it'll go through 5 gallons inside a week.

If your adding new solution it's always a good idea to dump the left over first.

I really like DTW versus DWC I find it a little more forgiving.

Your fill line stays the same, as the plant gets bigger it will drink faster requiring more frequent refills.

I wouldn't leave the water in for more than a week, after it's big enough it'll go through 5 gallons inside a week.

If your adding new solution it's always a good idea to dump the left over first.

I really like DTW versus DWC I find it a little more forgiving.

Sorry I’m quite new to the whole growing thing can you explain the difference between the 2

DTW is drain to waste. There's a ton of different ways to do it. The basic idea is the same as hand watering, you pour/drip/spray nutrient solution into the top of the container and it drains out the bottom to be discarded. Any medium can be used from water only living organic soils to inert mediums like Coco or perlite.

Back
Top Bottom