DWC Hydroponic - Indoor - Autoflowering Narcotherapy - 2015

Today, the plant ate my ruler.

2015-10-28_06_14_37.jpg

Water levels are good, PPM is good, life is good. They look really good today - perky and vibrant again finally after the water change. Didn't kill them yet!

threeweeksinone.jpg

Weird Leaves

I rotated all the plants in their buckets just to spread the light out on them, and one of them has three weird leaves. They're disfigured and glossy like plastic.

2015-10-28_07_35_57.jpg

Not sure what to make of this at all.

Looks kind of like heat damage, but it's odd that it wouldn't affect the other leaves. How do the roots look?

The roots are white, and look healthy.

2015-10-28_19_19_11.jpg

It's just three leaves on the same stem - they were on the away side of the plant and I did not see them until I rotated their side around to the light. I mean, like, it's isolated to one node on the plant. At first, I thought it was a caterpillar cocoon thing that had stuck the leaf together, but it's not anything insect related. I kinda think it's like a genetic mutation LOL

2015-10-28_19_19_02.jpg

got some Narco Therapy autos (3) going myself. Good luck.

Good luck to you, too! My first time with autos - hope yours turn out amazing!

Mine are finishing up. Got about 3-4 weeks left.
Is this your 1st grow our just autos?

This is my first grow in about 12 years, so it might as well be my first grow - seems I've forgotten everything :p

This is my first grow ever with autoflowering and autofeminized. I don't think I like them compared to the photos I grew out in the past. However, I don't have a way to maintain two different times of lights (without building a closet in my closet) so I'm kinda stuck with the autoflowering until I resolve that issue.

Also, I think one of these things may have gone hermaphrodite on me ..... this looks suspiciously male:
2015-10-31_07_43_11.jpg

Pull the male "parts" while it's still young or you'll end up with seeds.

I just trashed that whole plant in the compost bin outside. It's been a weird grower since it germinated and has lagged behind in size by about half from the other 4 pants the whole time, too. It was only male on half the plant - like 2 main stalks were male and the other 2 were still female. This is the first spontaneous sex changing plant I've ever encountered. Was really cool to see except for the part where I lost a plant.

I cut some of the pretty leaves off of it and pressed them in a book for bookmarks - at least it's not a total loss - hah

That's the bad issue with autos... getting hermies.
Too bad you had to pull it, but sounded like bad genes from the get go.
Mine are turning purple & black. Really cool colors. The LED light contributes obviously, but the natural colors are intense too...

IMG_20151031_115541.jpg

IMG_20151031_115739.jpg

Oh, those are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I'm doing blue mystic or narco purps next - hoping I can take advantage of the lower temps in my basement to really bring out those colors.

That's the bad issue with autos... getting hermies.
Too bad you had to pull it, but sounded like bad genes from the get go.
Mine are turning purple & black. Really cool colors. The LED light contributes obviously, but the natural colors are intense too...

How tall are they with 3 weeks to go? I think mine have 5.5 weeks left on them, and they're between 13-18" tall, each. What do you think you will yield off those? That's the most frustrating thing for me right now - never having used these plants, this space, and such a small light, I've got no way to guess what they'll turn out to be.

:morenutes:

I ordered a 1000W DE bulb/ballast this weekend, though. It should go in by next weekend, and then the 600W moves to other side of closet to become the light over the babies (with MH bulb)

Mine are in a custom organic mix, so are about 3 weeks slower than a hydro grow.
The Narcos are about 2' tall. I'm going to guess about 3 oz each. More from some, less from a few?
I'm about +50 days in & should be finishing up soon.
They've surprised in that they've shown flowers for awhile now, but are still stretching!
Crazy lil strain.

Mine are in a custom organic mix, so are about 3 weeks slower than a hydro grow.
The Narcos are about 2' tall. I'm going to guess about 3 oz each. More from some, less from a few?
I'm about +50 days in & should be finishing up soon.
They've surprised in that they've shown flowers for awhile now, but are still stretching!
Crazy lil strain.

I would say these definitely did not grow like I expected. The preflowers came on super early and *then* the growth picked up. It has been one surprise after another. I think they might actually be 60 days from germination to harvest, though, I still can't believe that's possible. I've been guessing 2 oz per plant - can't wait to actually find out - but sounds like I'm reading the plants the same way you are, so I'm way more optimistic about this now! The ones I used to grow in the past (Blue Moonshine) I'd get 4-6 oz per plant, but they were photos.

:thumb:

I'm converting my DWC buckets to RDWC/aero buckets with reservoir. Waiting on the parts to come in. I'll put a water pump in the reservoir bucket and route tubes from the bottom of it to the bottom of each existing DWC bucket. It will pump water up and back to the plant buckets, forcing it through micro sprayers located around the bottom of the net cup. I've discovered it's really a pain in the rear to open each bucket to test each plant's water individually, especially now that the plants are so large.

This is the test bucket I built last night to make sure this will work. I've got the vinyl tubing coming in to the near top of the bucket and connecting to a t connector on the inside that makes a loop of tubing around the inside of the bucket. The little sprayer heads (red) mist the root area (15 minutes on/45 off each hour). At the bottom of the bucket there's a 1/2" outlet to connect it back to the bottom of the reservoir. There's another little 1/4" hole near the top to run the airstone line in from the air pump.

2015-11-01_21_25_24.jpg

I got one of those waterbed drain/fill kits coming too, so I can empty the reservoir and refill it easily when it's time for nute changes. The reservoir is a 20 gallon rubbermaid heavy duty trash can.

Very nice.
I used to run a similar system until last year. I think you'll be satisfied.

I'm feeling pretty handy, right about now, at any rate - thanks!! This closet is about 3.5 feet wide by 12 feet long. By next weekend I will have gotten the 1000w light over 4 plants and the 600W over the babies that I intend to germinate about 15 days before the big area is ready to pick (which leaves me 30 wasted days in the small light each cycle - maybe i can grow lettuce or something). So, this leaves me with 4 plants under the big light (for about 45 days of each cycle) and 4 under the little light (for about 15 days of each cycle, twice) at any given time. I can't split the closet up easily into 3 closets because the ceiling is unfinished and low and the ducting from the HVAC runs through, so there's no way to light tight sections. I am installing a carbon filter and drawing the air through both lights (they're glass enclosed) and out the room via silver ducting, so the smell will (hopefully) be contained and the temperature easier to manage. I just have to figure out how to cut a 6 inch hole in a piece of plywood, and I'm all set.

I really wish I could keep a mother, and a veg area, and run photos, like I could in the past, but a small harvest every 45 days isn't really that bad a deal, I suppose.

The parts for the re-engineering of my closet are starting to trickle in.

Installed the exhaust fan using the biggest drill thingie I've ever had:
2015-11-02_20_55_03.jpg

Now I just need the ducting and the carbon filter and the 2nd light to show up!
2015-11-02_21_10_45.jpg

And the Aero-RDWC with res is finished except for the lids - I'll put 4 2 inch holes in the one with the sprayers.
2015-11-02_20_12_25.jpg

The sprayer heads are a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure if they're just bad or my water pressure is too low, but they don't mist, they just kind of trickle/drizzle.

Back
Top Bottom