DWC Kratky Method-Cotton Medium

RagnarLothbrok

Hey guys, so besides my indoor soil grow I got going on right now I decided to germinate another seed for Hydro/DWC, and since I don't have money to go buy anything as in net pots, air pump, coco/growing medium
I 3D printed myself a netpot, cut a hole out of the lid of the bucket put the net pot in, filled the bucket up with water so it was just touching the bottom of the net pot

I then got some cotton balls, ripped them up and put them in the bottom of the net pot
I made a small hole and put my pre germinated seed in there

It's starting to grow as you can see by spectating it, my main concern is : Will the roots be able to traverse through the cotton aswell as go through the holes of the net pots? Or will I have to cut the bottom of the net pot out or make holes bigger? Or possibly guide the main root through a hole?

I also decided to use the Kratky method as I have no pump strong enough for bubbles etc, and thought it's a great cheap and easy way to grow I put burden on the water so should be good

What do y'all think?

Hey guys, so besides my indoor soil grow I got going on right now I decided to germinate another seed for Hydro/DWC, and since I don't have money to go buy anything as in net pots, air pump, coco/growing medium
I 3D printed myself a netpot, cut a hole out of the lid of the bucket put the net pot in, filled the bucket up with water so it was just touching the bottom of the net pot

I then got some cotton balls, ripped them up and put them in the bottom of the net pot
I made a small hole and put my pre germinated seed in there

It's starting to grow as you can see by spectating it, my main concern is : Will the roots be able to traverse through the cotton aswell as go through the holes of the net pots? Or will I have to cut the bottom of the net pot out or make holes bigger? Or possibly guide the main root through a hole?

I also decided to use the Kratky method as I have no pump strong enough for bubbles etc, and thought it's a great cheap and easy way to grow I put burden on the water so should be good

What do y'all think?

Please post a pic:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

:Namaste:

K

This is my DWC Kratky method with Cotton medium I planned on adding more cotton to fill up the pot as the plant grows

Also Just so you can see, These are my indoor soil cultivated plants I got growing right now I just threw them in bloom a couple days ago

Great job on the 3D printed netpot! :goodjob: That will work fine!

I've seen cotton used before as a medium in Aerogardens, so I know it will work, however, it sure looks like that cotton is retaining a LOT of water and I'd be real careful about pythium. I'd also try shaking (NOT squeezing!) out any excess water.

K

Great job on the 3D printed netpot! :goodjob: That will work fine!

I've seen cotton used before as a medium in Aerogardens, so I know it will work, however, it sure looks like that cotton is retaining a LOT of water and I'd be real careful about pythium. I'd also try shaking (NOT squeezing!) out any excess water.

K
What do you mean by shaking out? Also I know I could Google it bitnim gonna ask anyways whatsbpythium? Something commonly caused by cotton?

Also, fair enough but the water in my DWC is just touching the base maybe just flowing in the Very very bottom of the Net pot, that's why it's retaining the water because it's in the water a small bit

I just got some peat moss but Idk how good it will be if I used that instead?
Also thanks, I just printed off my 2nd netpot it turned out better then the first one

And again any tips will be very greatful this is my first hydro grow I hope I can do it good
Again I have peat moss but should I only use that for soil mixtures or is it goodfor hydro? I read the ph can be really low on it

Back
Top Bottom