DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog - Round 2

Is Skunk a Sativa as well? I hope this WW/Sk#1 does me right next month!

Is Skunk a Sativa as well? I hope this WW/Sk#1 does me right next month!

skunk is a very balanced sativa/hybrid mix. skunk #1 is sativa x sativa x indica (which is why it looks more sativa heavy) and super skunk is sativa x sativa x indica x indica which makes it a perfect 50/50 mix.

Skunk #1 »»»

»»» Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Mexico »»» Sativa
Colombia »»» Sativa

Happy christmas stealth grow ! Contiuing to follow and excited to see how much you yield

Hey Stealth, you made note on when you turned off your top feed once in another feed, darned if I can find it, some of your threads are rather large and odds are I've skipped over it. Wondering if you could advise when you do shut it off ?

Edit: I should also note, the roots on three plants are approx 2.5ft long, the plants are going on about 6 inches at day 21 veg. Roots are still pearly white. I'm trying to avoid getting root sucked up the pump because they're all long enough to reach now.

Hey Stealth, you made note on when you turned off your top feed once in another feed, darned if I can find it, some of your threads are rather large and odds are I've skipped over it. Wondering if you could advise when you do shut it off ?

Edit: I should also note, the roots on three plants are approx 2.5ft long, the plants are going on about 6 inches at day 21 veg. Roots are still pearly white. I'm trying to avoid getting root sucked up the pump because they're all long enough to reach now.

Hi Mainframe, I usually turn off the top feed as soon as the plants have a nice root mass in the water to absorb the nutrients. After 21 days in veg and roots 2.5 feet long you can definitely stop the top feed. ;)

@Mainframe

Also, to better buffer your water pump, The Capn has been having great success using a Superoots Air Pot as a fence around his pump. Roots try to penetrate, but almost none get through. I realize not everyone has an air pot, but I bet you could get a butter bowl and poke many tiny holes around maybe the top half, or even the whole circumference if you want, and plumb your feed pipe up through the lid. This would allow your water entry, but not much else. If all your holes eventually get clogged with root tips, you could simply pull them back out and the roots will have to start that whole process again which would likely get you to your harvest.

Merry Christmas stealth, hope it was a good one.

Didn't realise the master kush were clones from the last grow. Something's definitely odd if they're not flowering this grow but they did the last. They're the ones on the left over the veg chamber aren't they? I think you might have a light leak from the veg chamber underneath the kush. It's not genetic if they're clones and this hasn't happened before, and if the timer's working ok then light must be getting in somewhere

Thanks for the tips there Skybound and Stealth. Last run I had left it on through to 3rd week flower and i had some roots climbing inside the pump, I've shut it off at this point and I will look into maybe the Air Pot idea if it gets wound up again.

Thanks again.

@ Green Knight...how do you like the Bomb strains so far?

They weren't bad actually. The berry bomb was very nice but wasn't the biggest budder, though that may have been pheno or grow conditions

Hi everyone. ;)

I hope you all had a great Christmas/holiday, I did, but I'm kinda glad its all over for another year. Its been almost 2 weeks since my last proper update, and I've got lots of news.

The White widow is doing great, today is day 41 since flip, only about 3 more weeks to go, and she is starting to get frosty. She just needs to start swelling and I'll be a happy camper.

White Widow Stats
PPM= 980
PH= 5.7
Air Temp= 75F
Water temp= 69F
RH= 45%

IMG_003146.JPG

IMG_003249.JPG

IMG_003843.JPG

IMG_005243.JPG

IMG_005634.JPG

IMG_003347.JPG

IMG_003743.JPG

IMG_003544.JPG

The Master Kush is no more. I finally figured out what the problem with the Kush's was. I'm actually embarrassed to say, but in hopes no one else will make the same mistake, I'll tell. The lights were on 24 hours straight with no dark time since the flip I think. That's the problem with not growing in your own home, I'm not there when the light should go on/off.
I hadn't checked on the plants in 6 days due to Christmas and visiting family etc.. and today when I checked up on them they had grown into the lights..again!! I thought, this is it!! Something is wrong with the light cycle, but I checked the timers a couple of weeks ago??
I decided to check them again, and they were set to 12/12...but switched to the "on" position, not the "timer" position.

DOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder the stretch never stopped, and no wonder the plants didn't look right. They were getting bloom nutes while still in veg for the past 6 weeks. At this point, the plants were unhealthy and I wasn't willing to try and get them healthy again before a proper flip of the lights. Timber!!! down they came.

IMG_004133.JPG

IMG_004241.JPG

The roots looked great, It would have been a very good yield I think.
IMG_004641.JPG

IMG_005048.JPG

IMG_004740.JPG

I had a clone of Blue Mystic, that I've kept since my first grow. I didn't want to get rid of it, and now I'm thankful I didn't.
I cleaned up, and disinfected all my equipment, and the closet itself this afternoon, and transplanted the Blue Mystic into the main closet to replace the Master Kush that was chopped. I plan on giving her a couple of weeks in veg to get used to the LED's before I flip to flower.
I started training the Blue mystic weeks ago in the cloning chamber but I'm really gonna start spreading her out now. I topped her in 4 places tonight, and supercropped the main stalk.

Blue Mystic Stats
PPM= 290
PH= 5.7
Air Temp= 75F
Water Temp= 69F
RH=44%

IMG_005836.JPG

IMG_005930.JPG

IMG_006135.JPG

IMG_006435.JPG

Of the 2 OG Kush seeds I germinated last week, only 1 actually sprouted, its doing well enough. I plan on vegging the OG kush in the cloning section of the closet until the White Widow is harvested, then I'll use the OG Kush to replace the widow in 3 weeks or so.

That's it for his update, I know it was a big one. If anyone has any questions or comments don't hesitate, and until next time stay medicated my friends. ;)

Sorry to hear about the Master kush I've been there lights on in dark time of flower = seeds and hermaphrodites I bumped my timer the other day its off 5 min. now the funny part is I bumped it a half an hour a few months ago. I wish it were a bit harder to mess up the dials and switches. power outs really suck you have to reset everything. I'm sure some of or Canadian friends in Ontario lost their plants this week.

Awe man SG, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, that's gotta be a real kick in the rocks. The timer/on switch makes no sense. Why would someone want to put a timer on an outlet, but have a straight feed of power? If it's within your budget, I strongly suggest you get your hands on some INSTEON power receptacles. I haven't yet had the fortune to try them myself, but I know they would benefit a grower exponentially! Also, didn't know your grow was external to you, so this would work perfect in your situation. No more sliders and you control the power on/off times via your smart phone from anywhere on Earth that has internet access. At least now that your cabinets are staggered in times, you can probably get a better perpetual grow going and maybe harvest every month or so? I'd like to make a request of you. Being as though your closet is equipped with 16 sites (I assume for smaller plants?), maybe you should take a stab at growing autos? This may or may not increase yield, but if kept to smaller single cola plants, I bet you can increase your dry weight by some and not have to defol much, if any. Just a thought/request. Once again, sorry for the loss. I think it was S1ing that had a similar issue a few months back, though I don't remember his being this severe.

If nothing else is taken from this post, please get your hands on an Insteon outlet and control your lights from your cell phone. You have too much invested into your equipment and too much equity into your grows to let an industry wide design flaw hold you back. Things like this really erk the hell out of me and I do long for a time when I can have nothing but INSTEON outlets and no more "timers" of the traditional sense.

Back
Top Bottom