DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog - Round 2

Congratulations on the harvest Stealth! I've been messing around with drying techniques and I've finally come to a conclusion: a long, slow dry is what we all need to achieve for top quality nugs. I see that you leave most of your foliage on your plant, I have not yet tried this method of drying yet. Do you think it locks in more moisture? Do you still have samples from your last grow?

Ultimately I would need perfect temp/RH to maintain a steady dry that could last more than 7 days without risk of PM or mold. The way I see it now though, you should be fine on those issues if you never had problems drying with this method before.

Congratulations on the harvest Stealth! I've been messing around with drying techniques and I've finally come to a conclusion: a long, slow dry is what we all need to achieve for top quality nugs. I see that you leave most of your foliage on your plant, I have not yet tried this method of drying yet. Do you think it locks in more moisture? Do you still have samples from your last grow?

Ultimately I would need perfect temp/RH to maintain a steady dry that could last more than 7 days without risk of PM or mold. The way I see it now though, you should be fine on those issues if you never had problems drying with this method before.

Hi AG, last grow I dried it this way for 7 days and then hand trimmed all the buds, then they went into the mason jars for cure. I don't know if it takes longer to dry because of it or if it locks in more moisture.
Last grow I cured the bud for 2 weeks before the initial smoke, but left it curing and just took what I needed for my daily supply. The longer it cured the better it was. I ran out of my last grow's stock just after Christmas. I think this is the grow that I get my grow cycles down for a harvest every month though, once that happens I don't think I will ever run out.;)

Hi Everyone.;)
I hope your all having a great weekend. I spent last night at my grow, finishing up the trimming of the White Widow. I managed to get it all done and into my mason jars or Cvaults. The final weights are in and I'm very happy with the results.
The buds look and smell great, it might just be me, but I think overall the buds are nicer (more bag appeal). I did test out a small nug this morning for wake'n bake and the effect is just what I was looking for, a nice head high with minimal couch lock. The buds are only gonna get better after a couple of weeks curing.;)

Here are the numbers and some pics.

Grand Total weight for the White Widow= 170.2 g or 6.07 zips. :high-five:

IMG_0002111.JPG

IMG_0004105.JPG

IMG_0003113.JPG

IMG_000698.JPG

My last round in the smaller closet I only got 130.6g, so I beat my last grow by 39.6g's which I'm super happy about. :yahoo:
I'm going to cure the buds for 2 weeks before I smoke anymore and then I'll post a smoke report. The cure should make for a nice smooth smoke and IMO increases the effects a little.
I'm already on to the next grow, where I hope to refine my growing skills more, and hopefully do even better next round. Who knows, maybe I can get a half pound out of one of these closets.
Until next time, stay medicated my friends. ;)

:rollit:

Oh yea stealth, mighty fine looking white widow! Those numbers are definitely something to be proud of buddy, really glad to hear you were able to tack on another zip and a half to this plants harvest, we should all be shooting for this :Namaste: Anticipating a smoke report on these fine nugs ;)

The White Widow turned out better than I hoped in term of weight. I haven't smoked any of the nice buds yet, but the little tester I smoked had great effect and the taste wasn't bad. A full two weeks or longer to cure should make for a nice smooth smoke. ;)

The Master Kush didn't make it to the end of the grow due to some timer issues, and the plants getting to much light in flower. I chopped them down halfway through flower and re-planted the closet with a Blue Mystic. In the end it all worked out for the best, because now I will have a proper cycle setup in the closets and a harvest pretty much every month.

Thanks to all for following this journal, and feel free to follow my new Blue Mystic & OG Kush grow journal if you haven't already checked it out. ;)

:rollit:

Happy Tokerday Stealth :thumb:
im about to chop Chemdawg from anywhere from today on I don't know if ill have time today if not maybe tomorrow
only have some hash and left overs to smoke so ill be on pins waiting for chemdawg to dry and cure lol

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Hey stealthgrow,
I have been researching a lot into grow cabs and have been drawn to the supercloset's LED trinity. I read through your grow journals with it and am very interested. Not to mention you are one of the only threads I have found of someone using the LED trinity from start to finish and thank you very much for that. I am just looking for input whether or not the trinity was a good buy. According to Supercloset it comes with the K3 series L600 for the larger side. I am more just looking for advice if it is a good buy. I am looking towards the long run after purchasing it and after 4 or 5 months to have a constant monthly harvest to a month and a half with the goal of about 300 grams dry weight, this will include the L600 and Co2...pretty much my plan is to get it as top notch as possible. I saw your threads where with the smaller LED light I believe at 250 watts and saw your weights still definitely getting close to that gram per watt. Any info you could throw my way and maybe help steer me in the right direction would be great, I mean if the equipment can pull off what it proposes it can spending 6000 dollars is nothing more then a smart investment. Thanks

Hey stealthgrow,
I have been researching a lot into grow cabs and have been drawn to the supercloset's LED trinity. I read through your grow journals with it and am very interested. Not to mention you are one of the only threads I have found of someone using the LED trinity from start to finish and thank you very much for that. I am just looking for input whether or not the trinity was a good buy. According to Supercloset it comes with the K3 series L600 for the larger side. I am more just looking for advice if it is a good buy. I am looking towards the long run after purchasing it and after 4 or 5 months to have a constant monthly harvest to a month and a half with the goal of about 300 grams dry weight, this will include the L600 and Co2...pretty much my plan is to get it as top notch as possible. I saw your threads where with the smaller LED light I believe at 250 watts and saw your weights still definitely getting close to that gram per watt. Any info you could throw my way and maybe help steer me in the right direction would be great, I mean if the equipment can pull off what it proposes it can spending 6000 dollars is nothing more then a smart investment. Thanks

Hi Underwraps. ;)

Thanks for checking out my grow and the thanks for doing a Supercloset LED Trinity grow start to finish. The main reason I did the journal was to help people like yourself. When I was shopping around for a cab and I ran into Supercloset, there were virtually no 3rd party journals, there were a couple of reviews, but no pics or anything.
Anyway, about your questions, honestly knowing what I know now, I would have gotten a nice gorilla grow tent with the LED's Much cheaper, and you get way more room to grow in.
If Stealth is an issue, the closets do a decent job of containing the smell as long as you keep the doors closed, but anyone with a brain is gonna ask questions when they see 2 big black closets humming and bubbling away with fans and air stones, carbon filters etc...
The closets work,there's no question but IMO you would get more bang for your buck getting a nice grow tent setup, especially if you have the room for it. You could get the 5x9 grow room with LED's for about $2000 less, and grow pounds not just zips. If you wanted to grow in perpetual cycles then you could get two 4x4 tents for flowering and setup a small veg area with T5 lights in a closet or something. Just throwing out ideas and dreams of what I wish I could do.;)
The closets do work though, and at my current rate will pay for themselves in just under a year.

Stealthgrow,
Thanks for getting back, I'm extremely appreciative of it. I'm curious did you get the Co2 upgrade with yours, to me it seems like a good addition to add. I would 100% agree getting the tents would be cheaper and definitely more bang for the buck I actually own a couple sitting in my shed but now days being able to use them is nearly impossible, in the past when I have used them you definitely need to have them somewhere that no one knows of cause they produce quite the aroma. If I make the plunge the cabs would be in a separate room attached to a garage behind a sealed door. How loud would you say the noise they produce is, sort of a dumb sounding question but if they are in there own room can you hear them behind the door? As for the smell, it is a worry but I don't see it reaching beyond the garage into the house. I had looked a lot into BC northern lights but one they don't have LEDs as an option and two I don't see how you can pull off the weight they advertise in only 2 ft of grow space. I figure the supercloset gives you 3x2 space that's 2/3 of a square meter and most of the seeds I have available are around 600g per square meter. My goal in the end is a constant rotation after probably 6 months is to be harvesting every 4-5 weeks which I know is more then capable but 10 oz dry weight each round doesn't seem to unlikely I mean with a 600 watt led 280 grams dry weight seems likely, none the less I'm slightly rambling but your input on this is very welcome.

Hi again UW, the closets don't make that much noise, if they are in a closed off room in your garage you won't be able to hear them outside that room unless your putting your ear up to the door. The smell is not such a big deal for me where I'm growing, so I keep the doors open most of the time, If the doors are closed the RH and temps go up in the closets. I use an extra store bought 4 inch fan under the canopy to help keep the RH down when its needed. If smell is an issue the carbon filters do their job well, but the doors must remain closed. This causes more problems in the summer time when temps go up.
I didn't get the CO2 upgrade on mine, simply because there are other cheaper options for CO2, but I did spring the extra $$ for the 24/7 nutrient monitor, and in my opinion it was money well spent. I'm doing my 3rd flower in the smaller closet right now with 1 blue mystic plant, and I have a good feeling I'm going to beat the White Widow yield, every round is going smoother than the last, and producing better quality, and quantity. 1g/watt is totally do-able IMO.

I'm on day 21 of flower with this Blue Mystic. Just like the White Widow grow, only 1 plant.
IMG_0003119.JPG

IMG_002163.JPG

IMG_002263.JPG

IMG_002761.JPG

I definitely don't regret getting the Trinity closet, I love this thing!!!
Getting the rotation down has been hard but I think I'm almost there with my current grow, I'm on day 21 of flower with the Blue, and day 28 of veg for the OG Kush in the large closet, I'm hoping to flip the lights on the OG in about 2 weeks, which will put my harvests about 5 weeks apart. :yahoo:
If you do go ahead with the purchase, send me a PM or leave a message in my current journal and I'll go through the whole grow with you if you want.
Good luck man.;)

Aloha Stealthgrow and anyone else. When turning a closet into a grow area, where does one plug all the electrical gadgets? I want to go DWC and soil with a 600 watt hp light, fans, pumps, ect. Closets, at least mine does not have outlets. Do I have to put a few in? And am I to understand that a balast can not or should not be plugged in a power strip? Much Mahalo and have great days. I was strickly an outdoor grower but really want to bring some in. Aloha and "Keep it Green".

Back
Top Bottom