DWC My Way 3000w HPS Flower & 800W MH Veg

FoF1985

hey everyone , third times the charm right ? lol had nothing but bad luck with my previous grows . REALLY hoping this one turns out. thinking i have it figured out pretty good by now lol or atleast in my own way . tips or comments or questions are always welcome. im a little more paranoid about getting robbed now so i only come on every so often but if i see a reply in my inbox i usually come out to say hi :) .

heres the rundown

flower room-
Strain: og kush X9, 1Xmamamia mother, 1x og kush mother
Seeds: dinafem og kush , seedsman mama mia
Medium: clay pebbles DWC
Mix: 100% clay pebbles
Pot Size: 5 gallon pales
Lights: 1X 1000W HPS and sunmaster 1000W hps bulb 150,000 lumens " ballist located outside room"

Ventilation: 8500BTU ac/dehumidifer as intake , single 5 inch ducting as exhaust using positive pressure to vent " can fan coming " 2 air moving fans

room temps is about 22c , 68-72f ish . i added a heater to try and bring it up but thats with my ac on the lowest setting and i need the air coming in soo i have no choice but to add heat. humidity is about 65% at night and 50 during the day . good enough for now . ill add another dehumidifier in the last 3 weeks but thats a ways away .

heres some general shots :)

IMG_208913.JPG

IMG_208811.JPG

IMG_208711.JPG

IMG_208611.JPG

IMG_208510.JPG

IMG_20847.JPG

IMG_208312.JPG

sorry for the sideways pics , i forgot that i needed to orient them b4 uploading lol . anyway all of
the plants except the big bush looking one are dinafem OG kush . the smaller ones are clones from the big one which was my mother but its been topped like 6 times now so i figure its time to flower out .

there are ALOT of bad reviews for Dinafem OG kush strain but the 3 seeds i received all grew the same and looked the same and produced the genetics you see before you . my next mothers will be barneys farm violator kush and if they disappoint ill probably be switching back . 100% recommend this strain to first time growers .

check out the how the topping on the mother turned out . imo BEAUTIFUL

IMG_20929.JPG

i cannot wait to see what kind of buds this thing produces as the stalk is about 5 inches thick at the base . this plant has been vegging for 7 months and i estimate it would be about 9 feet tall had i not topped it so many times . the mama mia only needed to be topped once to stay the same height in comparison to the 6 times i topped the OG .

o and i also have a solo cup clone of Everest bud im going to flower out just to see how much i can pull off a solo cup plant . here is the pic . its been vegged about 5 months. yes, all in a solo cup lol .

IMG_209014.JPG

these pics are at day 4 of entering the 12/12 flowering cycle . im running them on a 450-500 ppm bloom mix of
advanced nutrients ph perfect 3 parts nutrients . feel i must add that i LOVE the ph perfect line vs non ph perfect. it makes everything alot easier and the pots hold there desired ph untill im done with the res.

veg room
sealed
Strains: in dwc i have og kush X4, everest bud x 4 , bag seed kush "cloned from first grow" x 4

in soil : solo cups have 3x bag seed kushes and the big black pot is Humboldt blue dream "mother"
starters in the solo cups are 2x violator kush and the rest are all kush bag seeds

Medium: clay pebbles DWC
Mix: 100% clay pebbles dwc , soil 75% potting soil ,15% starter mix 10% vermiculite
Pot Size: 5 gallon pales, solo cups , 1 gallon soil mother ?
Lights: 2x 400W MH , 2x 250 CFL
ventilation: intake 10000BTU AC/ dehumidifier , no exhaust , multiple air moving fans and the biggest humidifier i could find .

IMG_209310.JPG

IMG_209410.JPG

IMG_209513.JPG

IMG_209613.JPG

when i put my plants into DWC i take the soil cups and rinse as much dirt off as possible , then drop them/ the rootmass on a thin layer of clay pebbles in the net pots, fill with clay pebbles and hand water until the roots hit the buckets . some strains take easier then others . this is about 4 days after transplant . the remaining solo cups are presents for friends and the blue dream is going to be a new mother and possibly be the first plant i try and breed .

i start them on about 300 ppm nutrient solution . just a bit of all 3 parts , a bit of superthrive per bucket and hand water them as much as possible . temps are about 75f and 60-75% humidity . ide like another humidifier but cant afford one yet . soon though.

comments questions and tips always welcome !

Re: DWC my way :) , 1000W HPS flower and 1300 MH veg, Dual room pics inside!

Just started my first try with DWC, very interested to see what others are doing with it.
Subscribed.

re: DWC My Way - 1800W HID Flower & 550 Veg-Two Room,LED,CFL,HID

already decided to change things around a bit . i let a friend borrow my LED light i built for my last project and he really messed it up . i managed to fix it pretty good and decided to use it in my veg room instead of one of the MH HID's . ive tryed to edit my earlier post to reflect the power changes as i now loose 100 Watts total power but i feel the leds are still as good as a MH based on what ive seen them do already. so now i have 4 plants under each light and probably a nice mix in the middle . i wish i had a light meter but then ide feel realllly nerdy lol .
anyways heres a pic . results should be interesting .

IMG_210310.JPG

i have the specs posted in one of my other threads about the LED . never posted results before but both of my mothers in the flower room started under that led lol .

i added the 400w MH too the flower room to give the kush krop a little more lumens as well as i do believe that MH lights produce more UV which helps with resin production, or something like that lol . the mothers need to stop streching and start budding. mamamia is about 7 feet tall and the og is about 6'5 . HUGE plants . no pics of the flower room but i did snap one of the new light setup .

IMG_21124.JPG

temp was at 24 and humidity was at 45 when the lights were on today . i moved the HPS ballist into the flower room and im hoping that will warm it up a few more degrees . if it goes to warm ill just turn down the heater or turn up the ac . now i just need C02 injection :love:

heres a couple of the veg room with the new light setup.

IMG_21067.JPG

IMG_21048.JPG

IMG_210110.JPG

also , i have a botani clone 25 site aeroponic cloner . and for some reason it pretty much just doesent clone anymore . first couple runs it worked OK no where near 7-14 day root times ive read about and now the roots just seem to always go to mush . . .maye to much light as i did switch lights from a CFL to a dual tube florescent . i was thinking it was cause my OG kush mother was just to old to clone anymore but i was to ask everyone's opinion on this. might even post a thread of its own . anyways here are some pics.

IMG_21148.JPG

IMG_21118.JPG

IMG_21106.JPG

IMG_21097.JPG

IMG_21086.JPG

IMG_21077.JPG

i use 0ppm water in my cloner with some superthrive " 1ml to about 8l water" and maybe .5ml of adv nutes ppm perfect grow just to give some ppms to the water .ive changed mixes around , changed additives . ran with just water . added an airstone, lowered res temps ,clipping the leaves , leaving the leaves , misting or no misting. all showed no difference really.more water equals mold lol. im out of ideas other then a bad mother or to much light. i take maybe 5 cuttings at a time . and sit them in 0 ppm water/ a drop of super thrive untill i trim then i immediately put them into the aeroponic cloner. . i think this is maybe 5 days 6 days. no root sites yet .starting to go brown .really sucks but o well im changing to blue dream and violator kush anyways .

so i think im finally going to leave things alone for now . ive changed things aroud once again but i think this is the better way to go .

i moved both 400W mh lights to the flower room for a total of 1800W in the room. i added reflectors to both lights that i put together myself which i hope will help a little bit . im starting to get the flower room dialled in as to where i want it to be. ill be alot happier when i pick up another 1000w HPS though thats forsure . here are some picks of the flower room .
IMG_21443.JPG

IMG_21431.JPG

IMG_21423.JPG

IMG_21414.JPG

IMG_21404.JPG

only 550w " i made a mistake on the CFLS" in the veg room now but i think the plants will be ok . i want more roots and less growth anyway . 300w LED and 2 125w CFLs . i think the LED is a better light all around but time will tell.

IMG_212911.JPG

IMG_21286.JPG

im sure there are a few people that think im crazy for the way i get my plants into dwc pots and hey there are probably better ways but heres some proof it works. i allready have roots coming out of my everest bud plants.

IMG_21317.JPG

IMG_21307.JPG

i also picked this up a while ago . illuminated lope :) should be able to get some nice pics for plant/bud of the month with this and my room mates really expensive camera :) .

IMG_21157.JPG

nothing more to really add , incase anyone was wondering i thought i would share my res making steps and ph/ ppm levels im using and that ive found work.

ph water to 5.5 , add 3 part nutrients in which ever mix i decide to achieve disered ppms . double check ph . insert plant into pot.

i change my res's everytime my ph comes up to high , when i cant bring it back into 5.5-6.5 ph using ph'd 5.5 water. with the ph perfect they last about a month . i make a mix of whatever nutrient i need and add that to the buckets to feed when the ppms get to low but honestly this doesent happen often. i know im over feeding my plants but finding that fine line takes time and practice !

starting in DWC - 400ppm, low bloom/micro mostly grow + 2 ml of super thrive per pot

veg DWC - 500-700 ppm heavy grow mix , equal parts bloom and micro , 2ml superthrive or equal additive.

bloom DWC- 500-800ppms , low grow , high bloom/micro mix .no super thrive or additives " piranha may be used for first 1-3 weeks but imo is not needed"

ive never used any bud enhancers . i want co2 injection first then i will probably try them .

the only additive ive used that ive liked and can say really made a difference is piranha . the root masses im getting this go around are 1/4 that of what i had my last two times using piranha. wish i had it now but things are already pretty costly!

for your next grow in that room i would put down some heavy vapour barrier or pond liner, that is what i used on my carpeted room i used to flower in.

re: DWC My Way 3000w HPS Flower & 800W MH Veg

been a while since ive updated. i figured since im 4 weeks into flower now would be a decent time . ALOT has changed. first the bad...

first off, i was looking through my flowering room the other day as i noticed 1 bud on my og kush looked as though it was developing spider mites . . . and sure enough the other day this is what i found. i think there either velvet mites or theese preditory mites that eat spider mites . i have no idea how the got into my garden as i started everything from seed but o well what can you do . it was only on one or two big buds so i cut them off the plant along with ANY bud that looked infected . i spent 2 hours staring at this thing to make sure there wasent another mite in site so hopefully i got lucky. it took about 2 weeks before i visibly noticed. no other signes of infection on ANY other plant or bud. here are some pics .

ANY help or info if greatly appreciated.

IMG_23393.JPG

IMG_23402.JPG

this is under my 40x bud scope

IMG_23413.JPG

i picked up a whole bunch of new lights and reflectors this weekend, next month imma get a c02 burner for my flower room and some MORE lights . really want to get a nice cycle going and some major buds . gotta win that bud of the month !

first up veg room . i brought my 2 400w Metal halides back to the veg room and ditched my inefficient setup and homemade reflectors and upgraded to some much nicer ones. i think it will make a big difference :) .

quick question for those of you who read this , is there any benefit to me using a "extended tip dual plasma chamber MH bulb" over a normal 400w bulb ? my bulbs costs almost 3 times what a normal one would and my local grow shop suggested i change over as there is no difference in lumens or par only in price. i had to switch my pink sockets over to my new hoods/ reflectors to run my current 400w bulbs but when i change bulbs its something ide like to know more about.

anyways here are some pics . out of the plants i transferred over to dwc from soil only 2 died and that was my fault . not enough watering and i let the room get to warm which gave me some root rot.2 everest buds died and 2 are pulling back .

IMG_237410.JPG

IMG_23728.JPG

IMG_23758.JPG

IMG_23768.JPG

IMG_23778.JPG

looks much better imo :) and i never have EXTRA lights! just ran out of hooks or ide have the LED hanging as well for side lighting though im sure 800w of MH power is more then enough for veg.

last but not least FLOWER . member i said i picked up a whole bunch of new lights ? well i picked up 2 more 1000w HPS lights and bulbs bringing the room up to 3000 watts of flower power . my new ballists are switchable aswell so i can run mh or hps so that makes me happy ! here are some pics of the flower room . coming along nicely ! aside from the small problems.

lights off

IMG_23663.JPG

IMG_23298.JPG

lights on!

IMG_23634.JPG

IMG_23626.JPG

IMG_23587.JPG

IMG_23575.JPG

IMG_23565.JPG

IMG_23556.JPG

here the after on my og kush mother . lost one big bud but it should still produce some nice big buds .

IMG_23539.JPG

IMG_23474.JPG

IMG_23453.JPG

if i loose this crop to mites ill probably pull my hair out lol .

questions,comments and tips are always welcome! i probably wont post pics again until week 8 of flower though !

also could a mod or someone change the title of this thread once again to "DWC my way 3000w HPS flower & 800W MH veg" thank you very much

re: DWC My Way 3000w HPS Flower & 800W MH Veg

if you could mate id either raise your buckets are on the floor closer to the lights or move the lights closer to the plants looks like quite a distance above the canopy

i have about 18 inches beetween my dwcs and my hps lights which keeps the canopy around 27 degrees . im sure i could go closer but i dont want to burn the plants . moving your plants too close will produce airy buds if they get to hot even when using a hps . 3000watts in a 6x9 grow area ide say there getting enough light.

added a 10 inch exhaust fan to the room to help control the heat. temp sits around 26 degrees and my humidity in the flower room no longer gets over 50% in the dark periods . constant humidity of 40-45% all day every day. temps start low at about 22 and get up to about 26 or 27 depending on the ac's intake temp but since ive put the exhaust in i havent see in hit 30 yet again .

iits been about 5 days and im not seeing anymore mites on any plants so i think i may have gotten EXTREMELY lucky.

i moved 4 more DWC plants into the flower room as they were over 22 inches in the veg .

i took 5 clones from the blue dream mother i have and 5 more 3rd gen kush clones to carry on my OG line. i might not even use them if they display more deformities but so far this og has been a extremely stable strain to clone . just a bit harder to grow then most strains ive delt with . going to be crossing the blue dream with a og kush as my first attempt at making my own strain . a bit excited im not gonna lie .

i sticked up all my DWC pots in the flower room as they were starting to fall over under there own weight . i also had to weigh down the mama mia as it wouldent stand up anymore . to much bud already the plant/pot just falls over. it is REALLY going to be a big yeilding plant.

might do one more round of pics next update . plants look pretty sweet now all standing straight up .

not much intrest in my grow i guess! been a week or so and i have no more mites . i captured and put like 30 ladybugs in my flower room just incase but so far i havent seen any sight of the little red buggers i had before . i must have caught them right in time .

were just before week six on the flower room . buds are starting to look NICE . i hope this answeres anyones questions on the quality of the genetics dina fem sends out. all 9 of my kush feild came from my mother plant and and all look to be very stable and even .

i took G J T 420's advice and moved all my pots up and 10 inches . the tops are all within 10 inches of the lights now .only so many weeks left but hopefully it helps some. my next grow will be easier to manage . having mothers 6 and a half feet tall means u have to be tricky with ur light positioning lol.

now for some pics .

IMG_25159.JPG

IMG_25117.JPG

IMG_25098.JPG

IMG_250810.JPG

IMG_250710.JPG

IMG_249213.JPG

IMG_24989.JPG

kant wait to watch all theese buds swell over the next two weeks .

veg room

extra lights are not my thing so i HAD to find a way to use them and this is what i came up with

IMG_250612.JPG

brings my veg up to 1400watts total with what i feel is a good mix of spectrum's. ive vegged off all of theese lights individually with no problems so all together should work great .

flower room pots will be getting a res change today . ill probably put them all beetween 800-950 ppms and 5.5 ph . still using the 3 part system only i wont be adding any grow at all to the mix just bloom and micro with my water.

any tips comments or questions feel free ! . i probably wont post anymore og kush pics untill i harvent now as i want to enter plant and bud of the month with my finished products .

buds are starting to put on weight now :) i built a makeshift SOG to try and get the outside buds that were sagging closer to the light . next crop ill be building a SOG i think .

flower plants are beetween 800-900 ppms of my bloom cocktail .

i havent done a res change in the veg room in a while but i have my reasons . i dont use RO water so i need to let my water sit for a few days to get it below 200ppms and ive figured out i need under 300ppms in my nutrient soloution for the plants to root from soil to hydro. anything higher induces stress and they just die or take forever to root.

anyways im waiting for ALL the roots to hit the water before i put new solution in , im not in any rush and i dont want to waste my nutrient solution .

hey all . just passing the week 7 mark and i thought i would share some tric pics . im gonig for 15-25% amber as i like the head high and i feel it makes for better oil lol . here are some pics . i used my iphone through a 40X jewelers lope . works not bad!
IMG_25535.JPG
IMG_254710.JPG

IMG_25457.JPG

IMG_254312.JPG

IMG_25428.JPG

IMG_254111.JPG

IMG_25387.JPG

IMG_25377.JPG

ill take pics of the plants b4 i cut . hope anyone whos reading enjoys the teaser !

Back
Top Bottom